Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone
Torque wrench suitable for RC engine head bolts? >

Torque wrench suitable for RC engine head bolts?

Like Tree10Likes

Torque wrench suitable for RC engine head bolts?

Old 08-09-2021, 01:03 PM
Tech Master

Here's mine

1/4" drive. MIP bits, straight and ball ends
Ic27 likes this.
Old 08-10-2021, 02:06 PM
Tech Initiate

Default How to torque the flywheel

Does anyone know what the torque specks for the flywheel crank nut I know you can close it without torque but I want to know if anyone knows the specks in nm
Old 08-10-2021, 04:32 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fyrstormer View Post
I know from experience that tightening cylinder-head bolts with a white-knuckle grip will damage things.

Google is a good place to get a million different answers. I was hoping to cut through the BS and get suggestions from people who've already figured out the best answer. That's what forums are supposed to be for, after all.

God, $197 for a torque driver? That's insane. I could buy 10 big torque wrenches for that price -- they wouldn't do me any good, but I could buy them anyway. What makes the Sturtevant Richmont torque driver worth $197?
Wiha sold one back when Schumacher was in the states. It cost like $29.99 and went to like 25 in/lbs. Couldn't tell you more beyond that, sorry
Old 08-11-2021, 05:46 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Ic27 View Post
Does anyone know what the torque specks for the flywheel crank nut I know you can close it without torque but I want to know if anyone knows the specks in nm
Don't think I've ever seen anything published specifically for the flywheel nut, but I have seen in a chart Grade 8 Hex bolt torque spec for 1/4-28 thread is 14 NM.