Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone
The time of 4 minute engines has arived >

The time of 4 minute engines has arived

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree13Likes

The time of 4 minute engines has arived

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2019, 05:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pooh2
I remember the days before the INS box. You'd hear cars a full 6 hrs after racing was over. I'm glad we have to have them!
Six hours after racing you probably got a few bugs stuck inside your ear canals or something: that never happens to me...lol....
Old 05-13-2019, 05:15 PM
Tech Champion

​​​​​​
​​​
​​​​​Hydrogen peroxide cleaning is recommended before every raceday...

Last edited by bertrandsv87; 05-13-2019 at 05:29 PM.
Old 05-13-2019, 06:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I remember the days before the INS box. You'd hear cars a full 6 hrs after racing was over. I'm glad we have to have them!
Pooh really my car next to the ones with the boxes u don't even hear a difference !!
Old 05-13-2019, 06:35 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 1/8 IC Fan
I just hope there is no push for the new "silent" rear exhaust, which is a shame as well.

im with ya!! i would quit!!!
Old 05-13-2019, 08:02 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87
Six hours after racing you probably got a few bugs stuck inside your ear canals or something: that never happens to me...lol....
YOU MUST RACE FOR IT TO HAPPEN... YOU DON'T RACE.
Old 05-13-2019, 08:03 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ralphierace13
Pooh really my car next to the ones with the boxes u don't even hear a difference !!
Ralph, my brother... there is a difference and by a lot. One car won't be as much but 10+... Major!
Old 05-13-2019, 10:51 PM
Tech Elite

YOU MUST RACE FOR IT TO HAPPEN... YOU DON'T RACE.
First off just cause u dont consider local racing racing is your problem , but it is. I raced/practiced almost every weekend last year between jackson and wagner, you went to 3 races including practice so how can u even say sucha thing!! If anyones ears know its mine!
And i hope u realize ins box rule was not put in place to protect your ears!! and 10db diff is very small!! a whisper is 10db, lawnmower is 60, car horn 140!! The rule was to meet the laws in the area of the track, which in the usa there is maybe one track left that needs it. The rest of the Tracks fall into area's that don't need it.. If your head is ringing ware plugs and let the cars breath!!!
Old 05-13-2019, 11:13 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by 1/8 IC Fan
I just hope there is no push for the new "silent" rear exhaust, which is a shame as well.

I have 2 of them. They are the only way my local track can still run nitro cars but with national races they are not needed. Yes, next to a normal exhaust they do sound awefull but on a clubrace all with these pipes you will not notice it.
Performance wise they run good w/o any issues.
Old 05-14-2019, 12:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

First off just cause u dont consider local racing racing is your problem , but it is. I raced/practiced almost every weekend last year between jackson and wagner, you went to 3 races including practice so how can u even say sucha thing!! If anyones ears know its mine!
And i hope u realize ins box rule was not put in place to protect your ears!! and 10db diff is very small!! a whisper is 10db, lawnmower is 60, car horn 140!! The rule was to meet the laws in the area of the track, which in the usa there is maybe one track left that needs it. The rest of the Tracks fall into area's that don't need it.. If your head is ringing ware plugs and let the cars breath!!!
That's not how it works, not even close. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decibel

Originally Posted by Roelof
I have 2 of them. They are the only way my local track can still run nitro cars but with national races they are not needed. Yes, next to a normal exhaust they do sound awefull but on a clubrace all with these pipes you will not notice it.
Performance wise they run good w/o any issues.
The 2095 is a 2069 with extra silencing so they should behave pretty close, it's not like the old 3000-series of pipes that really choked up the engine.
Pooh2 likes this.
Old 05-14-2019, 04:26 AM
Tech Elite

That was geared towards Bert my brother. I know you get it in.
Old 05-14-2019, 08:32 AM
Tech Champion

That was geared towards Bert my brother. I know you get it in.
Geared towards me come on.....
First off Ralph(not your brother) that races all the time disagrees with you, and I also disagree with you eventhough I don't race much since FBF closed...The noise never affected me at FBF, and I was there three days a week, either spectating or racing....Just start your hydrogen peroxide pre-race treatments and let us know the difference: it might be a while before the bugs leave....lol....
Don't get mad BROTHER, get an electric car if the nitro engine noise is too much for you !!!

Last edited by bertrandsv87; 05-14-2019 at 09:02 AM.
Old 05-14-2019, 09:17 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by NitroVein
That's not how it works, not even close. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decibel

The 2095 is a 2069 with extra silencing so they should behave pretty close, it's not like the old 3000-series of pipes that really choked up the engine.
Yes, double the noise is 3dB more. 10dB is the difference between 1 car and 10 cars.

The 3036 were crap exept one, the JP 3036 was an awesome pipe. With all the noise issues at the local MACH track I have seen many things that lowers the noise but also affect the tuning and performance. This Hipex exhaust is the first that runs perfect w/o any issues
Old 05-14-2019, 11:33 AM
Tech Champion

If the hipex becomes mandatory, then it will not be long before another quieter mod will be required by all...The end result will be less racers participating....
Even in electric racing, some folks were complaining about the noise my 48p gears were making compared to 64p: I am still running my 48p gears...Maybe it should be mandatory for all racers to wear earplugs at the track instead of requiring quieter mufflers...
Old 05-14-2019, 11:44 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

What would be funny, is if someone complains that the cars are too noisy to be able to communicate and hear with their fancy headsets

I will say this though, at least in Europe you can still run "hot" (3-9 port) motors in 2wd IC Pan / Classic as you would in 1:8 IC 4wd Open.
Old 05-14-2019, 12:23 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87
Geared towards me come on.....
First off Ralph(not your brother) that races all the time disagrees with you, and I also disagree with you eventhough I don't race much since FBF closed...The noise never affected me at FBF, and I was there three days a week, either spectating or racing....Just start your hydrogen peroxide pre-race treatments and let us know the difference: it might be a while before the bugs leave....lol....
Don't get mad BROTHER, get an electric car if the nitro engine noise is too much for you !!!
Bert you didn't race when it was open i think once in 5 years lol!! and u don't race electric, i love ya but you really have no knowledge of what goes on when u have a 15 year old car and don't race!! lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.