Ninja Engine by GRP

Old 07-17-2007, 08:28 AM
  #1036  
Tech Adept
 
Wild Tiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 187
Default

Originally Posted by Corse-R
Wild Tiger:

Don't freak, $hit happens, last year put over 35 litres of fuel in one unit and 30 on other (the previous version). Now, on the 01a I go about 15 litres so, a bearing failure could happen to anyone on anyone engine is a matter of bad luck.

I don't share the comments of shitty bearings and faulty conrods, people swear and leave pi$$ trails for the Nova R7 conrod and the Ninja is exactly without a bronze bushing on the upper side.

Really don't know what happened to some people like CDelong, but for what says and how it says, I smell a catfight and some bashing to Mugen from it, you only need to go many pages before here and on the MRX-4 thread to see what was telling on a not so long past.
OK, I feel a little reassured !
Wild Tiger is offline  
Old 07-17-2007, 08:33 AM
  #1037  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
chicky03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 1,994
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by M7H
(which to me is still stock, because for sure it is machined, and not hand modified.....)
The bottom of the sleeve is has a different taper which I believe is done after machining but I am not positive. I know for sure that the crank has been modified after machining, you can see it when you compare a stock and MRT one. I would also think that they match up pistons and sleeves for the perfect fit. The mag head is something that also would be more expensive than the stock aluminum one. All of that takes some extra time and costs money. It is still a good deal I think.

Paul
chicky03 is offline  
Old 07-17-2007, 11:11 AM
  #1038  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (67)
 
BlackedOutREVO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: CA
Posts: 3,791
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

is the ninja worth buying guys?

im getting into onroad nitro and want the ninja .12 with the header and pipe, for 350 bucks it looks awsome, and lots of people run them here.... the top guy use them.... do they hold a tune well? run well? and do they start to air leak or something fast?

any imput?
BlackedOutREVO is offline  
Old 07-17-2007, 12:58 PM
  #1039  
Tech Master
iTrader: (41)
 
Wolverini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Wheatfields of Oz
Posts: 1,552
Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO
is the ninja worth buying guys?
...for 350 bucks it looks awsome, and lots of people run them here.... the top guy use them....
any imput?
You kind of answered your own question bro. The top guys use them...kind of says it all right there.
Wolverini is offline  
Old 07-17-2007, 01:10 PM
  #1040  
Tech Elite
 
wallyedmonds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brampton ont canada
Posts: 3,662
Default

Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO
is the ninja worth buying guys?

im getting into onroad nitro and want the ninja .12 with the header and pipe, for 350 bucks it looks awsome, and lots of people run them here.... the top guy use them.... do they hold a tune well? run well? and do they start to air leak or something fast?

any imput?
i have to say over the years running jp,sirio,novarossi,os,max,
the ninja is very nice.
wallyedmonds is offline  
Old 07-17-2007, 02:00 PM
  #1041  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (67)
 
BlackedOutREVO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: CA
Posts: 3,791
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Wolverini
You kind of answered your own question bro. The top guys use them...kind of says it all right there.
well ppl are complaining that this is crap and this is built junky.. i read the whole thread... so im just seeing what u guys will say when i ask....

Originally Posted by wallyedmonds
i have to say over the years running jp,sirio,novarossi,os,max,
the ninja is very nice.
but sounds like u guys like them!


but do they hold a tune? well?

and whats the break in prosses? i dont have access (that i know so far) to a break in stand, so break in will be in there car... whats the best way to break her in?
BlackedOutREVO is offline  
Old 07-17-2007, 02:07 PM
  #1042  
Tech Master
iTrader: (41)
 
Wolverini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Wheatfields of Oz
Posts: 1,552
Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default

With ALL due respect to everybody you've read posts from, many of those guys would kill any engine they touched. Every manufacturer will have the occasional clunker now and then, it just happens. The key here is what you said, "all the top guys run them". They're at the top cuz they're GOOD and know their stuff when it comes to R/C.

As far as break-in goes I'd go with the disk that comes with your new engine or turn to who YOU trust to help advise you. Ask the top guys how they broke in their engines and model what you do from that. Everybody will say something different when you ask that question and most will advise you well. There are different methods and most don't do much harm even when not done "perfect". But start with the guys you see at your track in the A-main every week that run the engine you want to get. TALK to them bro. Who knows, you might make a new friend along the way.
Wolverini is offline  
Old 07-17-2007, 02:10 PM
  #1043  
M7H
Tech Elite
 
M7H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 2,198
Default

Originally Posted by chicky03
The bottom of the sleeve is has a different taper which I believe is done after machining but I am not positive. I know for sure that the crank has been modified after machining, you can see it when you compare a stock and MRT one. I would also think that they match up pistons and sleeves for the perfect fit. The mag head is something that also would be more expensive than the stock aluminum one. All of that takes some extra time and costs money. It is still a good deal I think.

Paul
I'm not saying it is not worth the money, only repeating Mike S his words....
Engine's are expensive, this whole hobby is, only take a look at tires......
M7H is offline  
Old 07-17-2007, 02:12 PM
  #1044  
M7H
Tech Elite
 
M7H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 2,198
Default

Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO
and whats the break in prosses? i dont have access (that i know so far) to a break in stand, so break in will be in there car... whats the best way to break her in?
try this:

http://www.mugen-rickv.com/index.php...d=15&Itemid=78


Originally Posted by Wolverini
With ALL due respect to everybody you've read posts from, many of those guys would kill any engine they touched.
M7H is offline  
Old 07-17-2007, 02:22 PM
  #1045  
Tech Elite
 
wallyedmonds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brampton ont canada
Posts: 3,662
Default

Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO
well ppl are complaining that this is crap and this is built junky.. i read the whole thread... so im just seeing what u guys will say when i ask....



but sounds like u guys like them!


but do they hold a tune? well?

and whats the break in prosses? i dont have access (that i know so far) to a break in stand, so break in will be in there car... whats the best way to break her in?
to me they do if i start to rich it stays that way and to lean i know right away its to lean.
and in a 30 min main it stays the same the hole time.
just like other motors seal the carb and its fine.
we use racer's choice air seal.
and break in do it the way mike S said,do not do the full throttle way.it here somewhere back a couple of pages.
wallyedmonds is offline  
Old 07-17-2007, 03:08 PM
  #1046  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (8)
 
German Muscle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 557
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

got a Ninja .28 today, im about to break it down and fully clean it then re assemble. breakin will start tomm, xdyno results in a few weeks.
German Muscle is offline  
Old 07-17-2007, 03:44 PM
  #1047  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (67)
 
BlackedOutREVO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: CA
Posts: 3,791
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Wolverini
With ALL due respect to everybody you've read posts from, many of those guys would kill any engine they touched. Every manufacturer will have the occasional clunker now and then, it just happens. The key here is what you said, "all the top guys run them". They're at the top cuz they're GOOD and know their stuff when it comes to R/C.

As far as break-in goes I'd go with the disk that comes with your new engine or turn to who YOU trust to help advise you. Ask the top guys how they broke in their engines and model what you do from that. Everybody will say something different when you ask that question and most will advise you well. There are different methods and most don't do much harm even when not done "perfect". But start with the guys you see at your track in the A-main every week that run the engine you want to get. TALK to them bro. Who knows, you might make a new friend along the way.

yeah i hear yah.... this makes me feel better about the engine, and price

Originally Posted by M7H
im going to go read that right now, thanks!

Originally Posted by wallyedmonds
to me they do if i start to rich it stays that way and to lean i know right away its to lean.
and in a 30 min main it stays the same the hole time.
just like other motors seal the carb and its fine.
we use racer's choice air seal.
and break in do it the way mike S said,do not do the full throttle way.it here somewhere back a couple of pages.

got a link to the sealer? and what else should i seal? with out taking major parts off, lol i dont like doing that yet...... re building engines isnt bad, i just dont like going that deep into something that expensive

and i would never do it that way, 1 because i dont even have the break in stand, and 2... doesnt sound like a good way, keeping something revving that long..IMO

thanks guys for the help!
BlackedOutREVO is offline  
Old 07-17-2007, 03:59 PM
  #1048  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
iwk2much's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Temecula
Posts: 277
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by cdelong
I took plenty of a look inside the Ninja..... that's why I dumped all four I had. The rods are garbage and one of the largest engine modifiers in the US says their bearings are the worst he's seen in the industry.

Look at the last 26 pages here.... where is the factory support? Mike S. did his job..... he won a few big races with the Ninja and got everyone to buy in. Now where is the support on these things?
It always amuses me when people talk (in this case post) out of both sides of their mouths. They inevitably loose credibility without even knowing it.

I remember you during the last winternats, constantly engaging the mugen team drivers for set-up advise, parts, etc. I even remember some of the mugen guys praising your dedication to the hobby for driving so far to race. I'm not 100% certain but if memory serves me right, you even asked a mugen team driver running Ninja motor if they had a spare NOVA head or conrod(wtf?) - AND they happen to have one(or not). In my book, that's support - clearly not in yours.
I also remember you being as happy as a pig in *hit when you won some mugen parts and a Ninja motor.
That's unfortunate. I always thought that if customers need mugen tech support, one goes to their website, send them an email or call their support number. I didn't realize that this forum was the place to get official mugen support.

Clearly, you are unhappy about an issue(s) - that's unfortunate as well. I hope it's not due to a voided warranty because a modded nova conrod was in your Ninja - I guess that experiment didn't work?

I just hope Kyosho and Fusion/Nova don't fall victim to your displeasure down the road when something upsets you.
See you at the races. Good luck with your new equipment.
iwk2much is offline  
Old 07-17-2007, 04:34 PM
  #1049  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (67)
 
BlackedOutREVO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: CA
Posts: 3,791
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by iwk2much
It always amuses me when people talk (in this case post) out of both sides of their mouths. They inevitably loose credibility without even knowing it.

I remember you during the last winternats, constantly engaging the mugen team drivers for set-up advise, parts, etc. I even remember some of the mugen guys praising your dedication to the hobby for driving so far to race. I'm not 100% certain but if memory serves me right, you even asked a mugen team driver running Ninja motor if they had a spare NOVA head or conrod(wtf?) - AND they happen to have one(or not). In my book, that's support - clearly not in yours.
I also remember you being as happy as a pig in *hit when you won some mugen parts and a Ninja motor.
That's unfortunate. I always thought that if customers need mugen tech support, one goes to their website, send them an email or call their support number. I didn't realize that this forum was the place to get official mugen support.

Clearly, you are unhappy about an issue(s) - that's unfortunate as well. I hope it's not due to a voided warranty because a modded nova conrod was in your Ninja - I guess that experiment didn't work?

I just hope Kyosho and Fusion/Nova don't fall victim to your displeasure down the road when something upsets you.
See you at the races. Good luck with your new equipment.

makes me mad also, becuse then idk which side.... i mean like everyone says, the top guys use the ninja.... but when u get something like this, then idk what to think

jeeze
BlackedOutREVO is offline  
Old 07-17-2007, 05:14 PM
  #1050  
Tech Master
iTrader: (41)
 
Wolverini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Wheatfields of Oz
Posts: 1,552
Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default

I can only suggest to look at the overall picture. All the top guys run them, even at my track. I'm not a nitro guru by far but I know more than my fair share about them. ANY "real" racing engine will have it's special handling and be sensitive to small changes. Remember, it's not a plant you run in your Savage in the back yard to impress your friends. It's a specifically engineered racing power plant that needs to be treated just like the engine in a NASCAR, NHRA, etc racing vehicle. It's the guys that open their wallets and jump to buy something cuz it's on sale or the rage of the week. Guys like that show their lack of patience to do what you HAVE to do to build and MAINTAIN a racing vehicle. It was said best several posts up. "All the top guys run them", that says it ALL right there for me. They know something I don't and if I'm going to be like them someday standing proud on the podium at the end of the weekend I'm going to have to shell out some cash, ask a lot of questions and be prepared to LEARN how they do what they do and make me and my rig as fast as they are when I turn those lap times. It's not easy, simple or cheap but if you want to run with "the top guys" then you need to get to the point where you know what they know and do what they do (for the most part) cuz they are kicking your ass today but a new day starts tomorrow every day of your life. Is your glass half full or half empty?
Wolverini is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.