Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
PLEASE HELP - SYNTHETIC OIL OR CASTOR OIL >

PLEASE HELP - SYNTHETIC OIL OR CASTOR OIL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PLEASE HELP - SYNTHETIC OIL OR CASTOR OIL

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2012, 07:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by houston
You're tellin me !

So Ron , lets hear it , I know for fact you have something useful to say
Lol, I'm not getting involved! I've tested just about every available brand and type of formulated oil available both over the counter and base stocks available through industrial sources that are compatible with Methanol based fuels and being candid it was not fun. What we use is what I think provided the best results for our requirements/intended performance goals. Having said that though everyone has a different opinion on what performance traits are most important which is why I keep on saying that there is no best fuel on the market, only the best fuel for your specific needs.
Old 12-30-2012, 07:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

What ever happened to that ...White Lighting...fuel? Not sure what oils they used but my motors loved it...Seemed to be like moonshine, clear in color and packed a punch! Even had a good smell to it.
Old 12-30-2012, 07:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kaptain crash
What ever happened to that ...White Lighting...fuel? Not sure what oils they used but my motors loved it...Seemed to be like moonshine, clear in color and packed a punch! Even had a good smell to it.
100 % Castor
Old 12-30-2012, 10:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Possibly a stupid question....dont cut my head off. I dont have the time to read through this incredibly tense thread Do any fuels combine both castor and synthetic? Or does it have to be all synthetic or all castor?
Old 12-30-2012, 11:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by THE PHILLY JYNX
100 % Castor
If your talking about the same White Lightening fuel that was through national distribution it was actually 100% synthetic, hence the clear color.

Production on it was stopped because too many people were wearing out engines prematurely which is the typical issue with a pure synthetic fuel. Great performance as long as your tune is 100% spot on, run it too lean and it's over.
Old 12-30-2012, 11:28 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Werks
If your talking about the same White Lightening fuel that was through national distribution it was actually 100% synthetic, hence the clear color.

Production on it was stopped because too many people were wearing out engines prematurely which is the typical issue with a pure synthetic fuel. Great performance as long as your tune is 100% spot on, run it too lean and it's over.

Many fuels are synth/castor bmx

Those are the ones that spend the time with testing and know the benefits of all types of oil as there are a good number of both on the market

Rons my hero! (fareal)
Old 12-30-2012, 11:30 PM
Tech Prophet

White lightning mainly distributed through hobby town destroyed many engines , ran like a raped ape but horrible protection
Old 12-31-2012, 07:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Yeah...that was the stuff, came in a white bottle. Motors seemed to be on fire! Thought that was the reason why it was stopped, but MY motors loved it! Thanks much Ron
Old 12-31-2012, 08:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

apparently that fishy smell from s&w and MaximA is the "ESTERS" synthetic oils , being told this from a pretty reliable source

i knew the oils were changed/appropriated differently in the fuel

i like my engines to last for a lonnnngggg time
Me too Byron has awesome wear prevention and power but I would love to try Rons fuel Werks it had a strong positive following and I love how it coats the internals. Wish it was distributed like Byron which is an household name in my books.
Old 01-02-2013, 01:54 AM
Tech Master

How about Optifuel Race 25 and 30%? 9% Klotz synth oil and no castor. I know many UK drivers is very habby with it.
Old 01-02-2013, 05:47 PM
Tech Prophet

U know what's funny is that there are soooooooo many different types of synthetic oil, you cant just say "synthetic oil" ya know , most every manufacturer will not tell you what's in their oil pkg , its pretty top secret , for very good reason
Old 01-02-2013, 08:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I prefer a castor/apathetic blend myself.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:36 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Joey Powell
I prefer a castor/apathetic blend myself.
Lol , that's still a blend with castor Joey
Old 01-03-2013, 02:03 AM
Tech Lord

U know what's funny is that there are soooooooo many different types of synthetic oil, you cant just say "synthetic oil" ya know , most every manufacturer will not tell you what's in their oil pkg , its pretty top secret , for very good reason
Yes, not to tell they use common racing oils as well

I do believe most fuel manufacturers do not devellop their own oils.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigjayjay1
Me too Byron has awesome wear prevention and power but I would love to try Rons fuel Werks it had a strong positive following and I love how it coats the internals. Wish it was distributed like Byron which is an household name in my books.
going from Byron's 30/11 to Werks will almost seem like you went up 10% in nitro.... you will first have to lean the HSN roughly 14 hours just to get the tune back, then your going to notice the engine is radically more powerful and responsive....almost going to feel like you jumped from 30% nitro up to 40% nitro................ Not sure whats in Werk's fuekl, but it makes massive power and still protects extremely well.........Byron`s is also a great fuel, but the Werks is super badass !!! Also you will notice you have to drop the idle gap a little to coming from the Byron`s tot he Werks.......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.