Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
whats faster than a ninja for a losi truggy >

whats faster than a ninja for a losi truggy

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

whats faster than a ninja for a losi truggy

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2011, 03:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maximo
But to make everyone happy, I will go out and shoot a better video of the 25.......

is that ur work partners truggy taking extreme punishment again lol
good work neal keep it up no problems here with your work
Old 06-25-2011, 03:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)

That track surface is pretty slippery by the look of it, so don't bash what you don't know.

And the video of the ninja, I think that's the kind of track a powerful engine would really shine at- even high traction surface.
Old 06-25-2011, 03:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

IMO a perfectly tuned engine runs slightly rich when the tank is full, and may go slightly lean as the tank runs dry....At mid tank it is dialed in ideal..........If an engine is run too lean it will detonate and start blowing glowplugs...especially so at the compression and clearance this OS 25 runs.... Just to show you I just popped the head off the 25 and snapped a couple of pics

I usually will get 2 gallons from each of my glowplugs, I run my engines literally wide open their entire lives, and it is not uncommon to run 10-15 gallons on a crank( depending on brand of course ).... If i ran lean I would be burning my crank pins down much faster...........Now sometimes there are limitations to how stable an engine holds its tune as we are extremely affected by the limitations of the fuel supply system....If a clunk in the tank folds over or hangs up out of the fuel supply the engine can go lean........Just like if a tank is over filled and the lid is snapped shut it can make the tune go very rich, very fast......A modified engine pumpng at 40 000 RPM needs its fuel, trust me......If it was lacking fuel you would hear it.... Just as in the video you can hear the clunk getting bucked around in the tank as the tank was nearly dry....These engine sag very fast is if there is an interruption in the fuel supply....

As you can see from my pictures this engine has not been run lean...crazy thing is it is running 0.35 mm /0.013" head clearance and 30 % nitro, temping at 220 coming off the track....if it was lean my glowplug would be incinerated and my head and piston would be sand blasted.......As you can see my plug coils are stacked perfectly, nice shiny finish on the coil...a slight wetness on the piston and head....a little extra carbon on the exhaust side...FYI this is still the original P4 I broke this engine in on...I haven't even bothered putting in the colder plugs yet.....

I should add the fuel used is mainly castor based..9% oil, 30 % nitro
sure is pretty
Old 06-25-2011, 03:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

IMO a perfectly tuned engine runs slightly rich when the tank is full, and may go slightly lean as the tank runs dry....At mid tank it is dialed in ideal..........If an engine is run too lean it will detonate and start blowing glowplugs...especially so at the compression and clearance this OS 25 runs.... Just to show you I just popped the head off the 25 and snapped a couple of pics

I usually will get 2 gallons from each of my glowplugs, I run my engines literally wide open their entire lives, and it is not uncommon to run 10-15 gallons on a crank( depending on brand of course ).... If i ran lean I would be burning my crank pins down much faster...........Now sometimes there are limitations to how stable an engine holds its tune as we are extremely affected by the limitations of the fuel supply system....If a clunk in the tank folds over or hangs up out of the fuel supply the engine can go lean........Just like if a tank is over filled and the lid is snapped shut it can make the tune go very rich, very fast......A modified engine pumpng at 40 000 RPM needs its fuel, trust me......If it was lacking fuel you would hear it.... Just as in the video you can hear the clunk getting bucked around in the tank as the tank was nearly dry....These engine sag very fast is if there is an interruption in the fuel supply....

As you can see from my pictures this engine has not been run lean...crazy thing is it is running 0.35 mm /0.013" head clearance and 30 % nitro, temping at 220 coming off the track....if it was lean my glowplug would be incinerated and my head and piston would be sand blasted.......As you can see my plug coils are stacked perfectly, nice shiny finish on the coil...a slight wetness on the piston and head....a little extra carbon on the exhaust side...FYI this is still the original P4 I broke this engine in on...I haven't even bothered putting in the colder plugs yet.....

I should add the fuel used is mainly castor based..9% oil, 30 % nitro
Originally Posted by Herrsavage
So true..

I always liked this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvaCEEFRuW8

Dude is fast as hell... With a stock Ninja...
see thats what im looking for something to hang with this cat...truggy was fast an the buggie was fast as hell too...this makes me want a ninja...!
Old 06-25-2011, 03:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5Pw8LBAJjg

This is a Clocked ninja. GRP made one at that.

No point in looking further than the first 10 seconds, the rest is just me ripping my XXL apart.
Old 06-25-2011, 03:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default os 25 xz

heres the vid. i was talking a-bought os 25xz
http://youtu.be/Cs2_6HCbk7A
Old 06-25-2011, 03:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by neobart
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5Pw8LBAJjg

This is a Clocked ninja. GRP made one at that.

No point in looking further than the first 10 seconds, the rest is just me ripping my XXL apart.
aaaah dam id like to see it ripping up the track thats one of the fastest ive seen yet
Old 06-25-2011, 03:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

It was a pure joy to run that engine. Best engine I've ever had, held a tune for ever and idled so low you'd thing it would stall.

I had just sold it when that video was shot. Had 8 gallons on it, not one thing changed in it. No slop in the rod at all.
Old 06-25-2011, 03:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default team orion...fast??

Team Orion for a truggy i see there tops at the worlds an nationals...ther is alot of top 10 finishers with orion under the hood...any ideas where these guys measure up to the os an ninjas
Old 06-25-2011, 03:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default team orion...fast??

1 poor lap on Clocked OS 25

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Team Orion for a truggy i see there tops at the worlds an nationals...ther is alot of top 10 finishers with orion under the hood...any ideas where these guys measure up to the os an ninjas
Old 06-25-2011, 03:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jbraddock
I called CLOCKWORKS last week from Florida an we discussed the b5 pro an u were saying or someone at clockworks said they had a clocked OS motor that was better than the b5 pro for a-round 400.00 was this the motor we were talking a-bought the"os 25"... also will a rex exhaust work with it or do i have to drop another bill for the exhaust...? (4 MY LOSI 8T )
I would not say the OS 25 is better then the B5 Pro....The B5 Pro is the better track engine IMO...The OS 25 is just stupidly powerful, and the best choice for someone looking for something insane...The mod B5 is really fast, but it is much smoother and more controllable then the 25......Kind of a different class of engines IMO....tho guys at higher altitudes really like the 25 for track use, as at the higher altitudes it makes substantially less power then it does at sea level....which seems to balance things out...they get phenomenal mileage at the higher altitudes as well......I have some videos of a slightly milder 25 running badlands on grass...with those tires it gets good traction and wheelies like crazy......But everyone always complains about my wheelies in field...so I figured i would show a little track video instead !
Old 06-25-2011, 03:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brandon Black
Well my point is, That a mod motor for insane power is not going to win races. Driving skills, setups and tires is what will win races 99% of the time.
Ive been doing pretty well with my modded motor Which is the exact same engine that Maximo is running in his vid.. Also, one of the reasons for all of the wheel spin in Maximos vid is that, that is a brand spankin new track! How many brand spankin new tracks have you ever seen actually give you max traction? From what ive seen and heard from guys that build/maintenance tracks, it takes several years of sugaring and mixing to get the track soil just right.. Go into the ClockWorkRacing thread and take a look at the pics of the track, you can clearly see how loose that top soil is right now.. As far as a tune goes, Maximo is correct! Do you guys really know what tuning consists of or what the whole point of twisting the little screws is? It has to do with achieving the precise air to fuel ratio.. You have to have "X" amount of fuel for "X" amount of oxygen.. A lean condition is when there is too much oxygen and too little fuel, it will not make more power, but rather, it will cut out and lack power at the part of the powerband that is actually running lean.. A rich condition is when you have too much fuel for a given amount of oxygen. Which will cause a rich condition making your R/C bog down..
Old 06-25-2011, 04:00 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by jbraddock
all the stock engines run pretty much equal to each other in terms of performance..each one may have some areas where they pull better then others...some will pull better in buggies and other pull better in truggies...... The Orion Engines are top notch, so are OS and Nova's... The Werk's is also a top notch engine as well and priced killer to boot...a stock B5 pro will have no issues at all running with a Ninja in a truggy...tire choice, clutch, fuel and engine and chassis tuning will make all the difference and what should be addressed first....Pick a brand you like and go with it.... if your up against a better driver he's going to beat you no matter what you do, or what engine you run.....I can build you a wickedly fast engine, but I can't make you a faster racer...that just takes time , practice and experience !
Old 06-25-2011, 04:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

So what was your point in the first place ? other then to attempt to insult me ?
Attempt to insult you? You called me a novice and then bashed on my 8 year old son's VG ....

I agree tho if I ran it richer it would lose power, but all the same it would lose power if it was leaned out.........
To answer your question, that^^was my point all along. Had you just agreed a long time ago, all this would have not been.

OP, if you want a moded engine, have a look around first.

http://abmods.com/
Old 06-25-2011, 04:15 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by got_nitro
Attempt to insult you? You called me a novice and then bashed on my 8 year old son's VG ....

To answer your question, that^^was my point all along. Had you just agreed a long time ago, all this would have not been.

OP, if you want a moded engine, have a look around first.

http://abmods.com/

typical ! the real politics are now shown !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.