Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
Is there any new motor designs for the new year?? >

Is there any new motor designs for the new year??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is there any new motor designs for the new year??

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2011, 07:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

here you go. This is something we're testing for 2012. Should save you a ton on fuel costs. Pitstops are going to be a pain in the arse tho. Better get a pit guy that's fast with a pump!
Old 01-01-2011, 07:33 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Reed valves are far inferior to rotary valves. The few advantages they have are outweighed by a few MAJOR drawbacks.

Split case, sort of been done already. And what would be the advantage? Just another possible airleak.

Our current motors all look pretty much alike for two very good reasons.

1. It's the best compromise around.

2. The few areas that could be improved upon are illegal (fuel injection, front rotor, etc.)
Old 01-01-2011, 07:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Loved those

Originally Posted by Ruune
here you go. This is something we're testing for 2012. Should save you a ton on fuel costs. Pitstops are going to be a pain in the arse tho. Better get a pit guy that's fast with a pump!
I put model rocket engines on mine and it flew 1/2 foot above the ground, it was fun.....
Old 01-01-2011, 07:41 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (71%+)

Originally Posted by T'sDad
Whats up Ron and Monty

Kevin
It would affect there bottom line in a big way if a 4 stroke was ever developed
Old 01-01-2011, 07:44 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (71%+)

Originally Posted by houston
one major issue is your car would need more gears

i am absolutely positive an engine design other than what we have can be built but why? cost would be astronomical , tesing would be long and have to be proven ( some companies have found out the hard way what its like testing out product on the consumer ) to be sold as a viable product in todays market .

our simple little engines are absolutely phenomenal in the amount of power they produce for the size

refining shapes of the internals of these little two strokes is making huge differences in the way they run , have i mentioned micromotors are cool !?!
I agree....cost is the factor in this industry...
Old 01-01-2011, 07:46 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BigAlz
Yeah forsure. I always run extra heavy duty power bands so they last longer.
Um ya
Old 01-01-2011, 07:49 PM
Tech Elite

Whats up Ron and Monty

Kevin

Hey Kevin, happy new years!
Old 01-01-2011, 07:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by houston
Um ya
Um yeah.... that was a joke..
Old 01-01-2011, 08:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

So that's what the new GXII engine looks like.
Old 01-01-2011, 09:03 PM
Tech Elite

Man I totaly forgot about those things! I had one of the airplanes that had a set up like that when I was around six or so. Way back in the days when going to Toys R'Us was like being in heaven for me lol!
Old 01-01-2011, 10:23 PM
Tech Prophet

Whats up Ron and Monty

Kevin
hey Kev!!!

see ya soon? is tan man racin ?
Old 01-01-2011, 10:24 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by BigAlz
Um yeah.... that was a joke..
seemed quite smart ass but all is well
Old 01-01-2011, 10:25 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Werks
Man I totaly forgot about those things! I had one of the airplanes that had a set up like that when I was around six or so. Way back in the days when going to Toys R'Us was like being in heaven for me lol!
ohhhh man those were the days
Old 01-01-2011, 10:58 PM
Tech Lord

I believe the Grossi engine is way to go for the topicstarter. It is new, has a very light crankshaft and different technology.
Old 01-01-2011, 11:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mb4545
Does anyone know if there will be any new motor designs in the new year??...I mean like a case reed design, light weight four stroke, nikasil coated sleeve,.. ect. The designs of today have been around for ever...nothing wrong with that...but there must be better designs....my self...I would love to see a light weight, high reving 4 stroke for the new year.
Reeds cannot control induction anywhere near the RPMs our current engines operate.

lightweight 4 stroke - actually some of the current 4 stroke engines with silencer are pretty close to our current engine with tuned pipes. Looked into it a while back and concluded they were very close.

I have no experience with Nikasil, so nothing to add there. I suspect its not as hard as chrome, or as durable as a result.

I've seen a few of Damon Palm's RC10GT 4 stroke conversions run in person several times and I have to say they are pretty cool. He's got the cams, timing, fuel, plugs and gearing figured out. Think about this: They pit around 20 mins with a stock GT tank

A 4 stroke in a truggy would be an interesting project

Originally Posted by Roelof
I believe the Grossi engine is way to go for the topicstarter. It is new, has a very light crankshaft and different technology.
There's a few neatly hidden features on that engine that we've tested in our existing platform that works well... very well but not cost effective to incorporate into manufacturing. Would only be able to come to market by way of "modding". And there's only a few engines that have the "meat" to accomidate it.

So there is surely going to be ongoing refinement of the current design, but IMO no magical tune-itself, last 20 gallons, get 20 mins runtime advancements anytime soon.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.