Community
Wiki Posts
Search

More Problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 07:26 PM
Tech Initiate

Default More Problems

Ok so today i tried to start my car, the starter on the ez start is spinning but it acts like its not turning anything on the inside. What could cause this? i know most of you will say to get a pull start but i get aggrivated enough with the lawn mower and weed eater i dont wanna add my nitro to the list. As usual any help would be greatly appriciated.
Old 10-20-2010, 07:34 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)

Originally Posted by jato_2.5r
Ok so today i tried to start my car, the starter on the ez start is spinning but it acts like its not turning anything on the inside. What could cause this? i know most of you will say to get a pull start but i get aggrivated enough with the lawn mower and weed eater i dont wanna add my nitro to the list. As usual any help would be greatly appriciated.
oneway bearing is bad or slipping (dirty) take off stater assembly slide oneway out of the back and clean it well, just cleaning it works somtimes, otherwise you may need new one, while your at is also clean all gears and backplate cover.
Old 10-20-2010, 07:44 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by inferno13
oneway bearing is bad or slipping (dirty) take off stater assembly slide oneway out of the back and clean it well, just cleaning it works somtimes, otherwise you may need new one, while your at is also clean all gears and backplate cover.
Cool. Thanks for the help.
Old 10-20-2010, 07:57 PM
Tech Initiate

What is the proper way to clean the bearing? just a rag or submerge it in something?
Old 10-20-2010, 08:02 PM
Suspended

What is the proper way to clean the bearing? just a rag or submerge it in something?
i used wd40 when i had my jato acouple years ago. just the shaft that slides into back of engine maybe dirty, just wipe it off and stick it back in and see if it grabs while you turn it by hand
Old 10-20-2010, 08:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

i used wd40 when i had my jato acouple years ago. just the shaft that slides into back of engine maybe dirty, just wipe it off and stick it back in and see if it grabs while you turn it by hand
+1...thats what my buddy does with his TMAXX
Old 10-20-2010, 08:45 PM
Tech Initiate

cool man thanks
Old 10-20-2010, 08:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Yeah ur one way is bad. Either clean it with degreaser or wd40 make sure its not seized. If seized just buy a new one, not to much. I will tell you this thoug traxxas is notourious for engine issues over anything else they make. If the engine dies and you want a direct drop in no modifications needed and also faste get the dynamite .19 onlt about $110. Best engine to drop in it and will last a long time compaired to a traxxas engine.
Old 10-20-2010, 08:47 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by NitroXray80809
Yeah ur one way is bad. Either clean it with degreaser or wd40 make sure its not seized. If seized just buy a new one, not to much. I will tell you this thoug traxxas is notourious for engine issues over anything else they make. If the engine dies and you want a direct drop in no modifications needed and also faste get the dynamite .19 onlt about $110. Best engine to drop in it and will last a long time compaired to a traxxas engine.
i will keep that in mind....

Another question. I took off my exahust pipe to look at my starter and about 5 teaspoons of a cloudy oily mixture dumped out. WTH is that? was my mix too rich?
Old 10-20-2010, 08:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Another question. I took off my exahust pipe to look at my starter and about 5 teaspoons of a cloudy oily mixture dumped out. WTH is that? was my mix too rich?
That would be fuel im sure. Alot of ways can cause this flooding, maybe the bearing wasnt bad just was flooded and didnt sound like it was kicking. I dought rich would cause that much to spill out or you would be super rich. Once you get it all done just check ur plug if its still hot fire back up and see how it runs. Since im this far heres a tip. When done running get all fuel out of the tank, fuel lines, and engine if your not ganna run for a few days. Fuel can tend to turn gummy and clog stuff up. Best way to do all this is run completly empty and try to start it until it wont start, meaning all fuel is out of engine, lines and tank. Also to save engine life when done running everytime put piston to bottom(BDC) the way to do this is turn the fly wheel from the notch in the chassis to where it is smooth and has play. If you leave it a top it can cause piston to shrink and loose compressio/life. ALWAYS do this even if your ganna run int 10 mins again never leave the piston at the top, sometimes you will forget at first but try not to as much as possible.
Old 10-20-2010, 08:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

yes sir!....thats nooooo bueno!....no good
Old 10-20-2010, 09:43 PM
Tech Initiate

sorry guys i know this is all probably dumb stuff i have never owned an rc anything before and i sure dont want to tear an expensive one up. I bought the car used and the guy i bought it from i trust but it seems im working on it more than driving it. everytime i try and start the car i usually kill the charge on my 7.2 nicd before it starts. once it fires and i can keep it running its a breeze to start. Today i did get it to start and idle for about 30seconds befoer dying and not re-starting, what could be the cause of this? air in the lines? im about ready to give up and sell and go electric, but i have never had a nitro running at 100% before and im hoping that the end result will be worth me sticking with it the whole time. i can use the Radio and give the truck a slight bit of gas and it will idle up as normal but then procedes to die. any help with this problem?
Old 10-20-2010, 10:58 PM
Suspended

sorry guys i know this is all probably dumb stuff i have never owned an rc anything before and i sure dont want to tear an expensive one up. I bought the car used and the guy i bought it from i trust but it seems im working on it more than driving it. everytime i try and start the car i usually kill the charge on my 7.2 nicd before it starts. once it fires and i can keep it running its a breeze to start. Today i did get it to start and idle for about 30seconds befoer dying and not re-starting, what could be the cause of this? air in the lines? im about ready to give up and sell and go electric, but i have never had a nitro running at 100% before and im hoping that the end result will be worth me sticking with it the whole time. i can use the Radio and give the truck a slight bit of gas and it will idle up as normal but then procedes to die. any help with this problem?
sounds like you are running way to rich, that will cause the oneway to slip, clean everything off and put it back together, turn your high speed needle in 1 full turn from where you have it now, getting way to much fuel by the sounds of it, you dont want fuel spitting out of exaust, just smoke, go back to factory settings and go from there, just dont give up!!!!! when you get it running right it will be a pleasure to run, and knowing that you made it run will give you even more satisfaction!! anybody can plug a battery in and go.....lol, dont take the easy way out. nitro takes patients and the end result is always worth it!!!! we will do are best to get through this! just take your time, after all it is a hobby!
Old 10-20-2010, 11:48 PM
Tech Initiate

sounds like you are running way to rich, that will cause the oneway to slip, clean everything off and put it back together, turn your high speed needle in 1 full turn from where you have it now, getting way to much fuel by the sounds of it, you dont want fuel spitting out of exaust, just smoke, go back to factory settings and go from there, just dont give up!!!!! when you get it running right it will be a pleasure to run, and knowing that you made it run will give you even more satisfaction!! anybody can plug a battery in and go.....lol, dont take the easy way out. nitro takes patients and the end result is always worth it!!!! we will do are best to get through this! just take your time, after all it is a hobby!
Yea, i have a problem with faliure and when im doing what im suppose to and its not working i get mad as hell. And i guess in this particular case ignorance isn't helping much either. I'm hoping to get this thing running right so that way i can tear it apart do some upgrades and make it a beast. i think the Jato's get laughed at quite a bit but i want mine to be a sleeper until i fire it up. One problem is the closest shop is like 2 hours away, and there are not many people if any around my parts that mess with rc.
Old 10-20-2010, 11:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

You may need to clean out your engine completely. I got a used 2.5 engine and it was gummy inside and the EZ start would turn but the engine wouldn't turn at all. This was because the gummy/rotten fuel was preventing the crankshaft to turn properly. I thought it was the OWB as well, but the OWB turned out to be just fine. Hope this helps.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.