Community
Wiki Posts
Search

More bottom end on V-Spec

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2010, 09:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

engine just might need a rebuild..vspec doesn't have the torque of a b5 but I never feel like they're lacking:

JP-3 give the VSPEC tons of overall power but as stated kills mileage
2050 is a nice fit the Re-11 runs great on the motor
2060/Re-10 still runs strong but not as strong as the 2050
I've also heard of the 2035 being a good pipe for the engine

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ong-w-Manifold

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Exhaust-System

both in expensive pipe sets the losi is a little more and I've seen them perform and it runs great have never seen the 2035 but have been thinking of getting one to try
Old 10-24-2010, 04:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nesal
Hi Guys!
I would like to get some more bottom end power out of my V-Spec, it has five and a half gallons on it and Im running a JP-4 pipe (this is probably the main problem, if so please recommend a different pipe, dont really want to spend the 100$ on the OS 2050/60), Dynamite max life aluminum shoes with 1.1 springs (dont think I can get more bottom end here...).
It gets very good power when on the lean side, properly tuned around 230F it gets decent top but very little bottom. I will be getting it repinched soon once I get a new Werks B5 so if that might be the problem I may leave it as is...
Thanks!
Get the losi re10 pipe for good performance.I never liked the 2050 or re11 on my v-specs.I think the re10 gives it alot more bottom.