Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
NEW OS 21 XZ-B and Speed XZ-B >

NEW OS 21 XZ-B and Speed XZ-B

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree5Likes

NEW OS 21 XZ-B and Speed XZ-B

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 08:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)

look at the two angles cut near the piston skirt relief...these are cut to align with the internal case ports and redirect or directly force the air/fuel charge where it belongs.....im not tryin to sell backplates, im tryin to help anyone out thats willing to take a lil time and hand fit the os xzb round backplate to the case ports for phenominal results....look down into the case with the p/s removed and the bplate installed...mark the backplate in accordance with the case ports and start filing...you wont be unsatisfied I promise...this is the same procedure done at ebmods for vzb/bo1 bplates on his full mod versions...Idk why os doesnt do it, but they certainly should...

xzb blue head or bo2, will greatly benefit from a speed version head button (smaller cc combustion chamber=more power, and shaped specifically for smoothness), and the backplate mod...runtime, idle down and idle, tuning window, power, and smoothness are all upsides without a single down...other than the $45 for the speed button, but ebmod v2 buttons for vzb were $60, so its still more than reasonable...blue head benefits from coated crank also but thats for longevity...
Attached Thumbnails NEW OS 21 XZ-B and Speed XZ-B-go-technology-ramped-backplate.jpg  
Old 11-08-2012, 08:46 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by oilguy
would your opinion be the L or square header is beneficial for top end?..

im anxious to try the L manifold with my 2041 but am afraid its gonna give up alot of bottom and lose some smoothness...
My opinion is exactly that run the L header on the truggy and c on the buggy. AME say this is backwards but I got this straight from Lutz back when he use to run OS
Old 11-08-2012, 10:14 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Paulus
Since you are in Europe, you should have no problems getting your hands on a Mielke/RMV efra 2041 exhaust.
This exhaust is very cheap in Europe, check www.ebay.de and will give you a lot off performance and very good fuel consumption.
The 2090 pipe is not the Alpha efra 2090 pipe but, the OS 2090 (efra 2089) pipe !!
I myself use only de OS 2090 or the Mielke 2041 on all my OS based engines VZ-B and XZ-B, very similair performance, the OS 2090 gives a little bit more runtime, Mielke 2041 gives the XZB engine more power, but not by much.
Thank you Paulus.
I'll watch Ebay carefully to find one of these exhaust.
Old 11-08-2012, 10:54 PM
Tech Master

from wut i understand, the Ansmman or Orcan Masterfix 2041 models are made a different way and are fully machined pipes with a thinner wall but much harder surface creating a different resonance and characteristic...1 of these models is my next venture...either way, the 2041's an excellent, way above average pipe for os engines...ive read that its a secret weapon in europe on nova based engines also...i tried mine on a jp racing modded motor from 2006 and it loved it!! but it wasnt exactly a stock engine either.
Old 11-10-2012, 02:01 AM
Tech Initiate

After reflection I will also buy an OS speed.(Black head)
The exhausts pipe are common to use both OS or is there an exhaust pipe best suited to the OS speed?
Thank you.
Old 11-10-2012, 04:29 AM
Tech Adept

If you are not racing untill 2013 i would wait buying a OS XZB speed right now, i heard from a birdie that there will be new engines from OS out for the next 2013 season.
Old 11-10-2012, 10:50 AM
Tech Master

If you are not racing untill 2013 i would wait buying a OS XZB speed right now, i heard from a birdie that there will be new engines from OS out for the next 2013 season.
I heard that they have seen the light and are going back to short stroke design. Time will tell.
Old 11-11-2012, 12:12 AM
Tech Initiate

Thank you for this information. I did not know that.
I'll wait before making my purchase.
Old 11-11-2012, 06:43 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

What do people like about the short stroke VZB Speed over the long stroke XZB Speed ? i much prefer the XZB engine
Old 11-11-2012, 08:07 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Maximo
What do people like about the short stroke VZB Speed over the long stroke XZB Speed ? i much prefer the XZB engine
People are strange, some people like engines that act like slipper clutch, you pull the trigger and then after a small eternity it starts to spool up. And then they tune their engines really rich on the bottom in order to achieve this.
Myself I control my throttle input, so I prefer engines which respond the instant I need it, so if I pull the trigger there will be power coming accordingly, and I like my engines to be tuned so that they respond when I pull the trigger.

I think these other people who like to tune their engines really rich on the bottom are the ones who prefer the Vzb engines, they don't like bottom end power. I'm suspecting they treat the throttle trigger like a light switch, either off or on.
Old 11-11-2012, 09:14 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

The vz engine had more top end and IMO the powerband was much better suited for a buggy. People also were use to the vz carb. Neither is better or worse just different. Drive them back to back and the difference is very clear.

BTW I'm the guy trying to lean it right to the edge
Old 11-11-2012, 12:43 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Eivind E
People are strange, some people like engines that act like slipper clutch, you pull the trigger and then after a small eternity it starts to spool up. And then they tune their engines really rich on the bottom in order to achieve this.
Myself I control my throttle input, so I prefer engines which respond the instant I need it, so if I pull the trigger there will be power coming accordingly, and I like my engines to be tuned so that they respond when I pull the trigger.

I think these other people who like to tune their engines really rich on the bottom are the ones who prefer the Vzb engines, they don't like bottom end power. I'm suspecting they treat the throttle trigger like a light switch, either off or on.

My vzb and bo1's are immediate response mills with unheard of low temps and idle consistancy...i think the vzb runs cooler, might, and i mean might, tune a lil easier or consistant, vzb are dime a dozen and cheap to make random parts work, seem a lil less finiky on pipe choice and they get better mileage....imo only and im not as seasoned with the xzb over the vzb nor have I, or plan on givin up on the xzb...
Old 11-11-2012, 01:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

i think if you put the VZB head on a XZB the temps will be very close.
Old 11-11-2012, 01:07 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rider313
i think if you put the VZB head on a XZB the temps will be very close.
I think your prolly exactly rite...the hugger head is prolly a more direct and accurate reading than the vzb tbh
Old 11-11-2012, 08:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

The tune between the Xzb and vzb are the carb - speed series - never owned any blue heads also owned many ninjas, awesome mills. I I haven't tuned a Bo2 but I'm looking to buy one soon. When the Xzb got released people had a hard time due to the short needle many swapped into a long needle overhaul but personally feel they didn't put the time in and they didn't understand how the short needled reacted to its tune. I don't see any difference with tuning my Xzb and vzb speeds if we're comparing carbs with long needles both engines are super easy tune if you can't tune a OS mill then you should get out of nitro cause they are super easy with a P3.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.