Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
RcRenew.com engine resizing and epoxy crank re-filling >

RcRenew.com engine resizing and epoxy crank re-filling

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

RcRenew.com engine resizing and epoxy crank re-filling

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 12:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Lance, can you pinch the MGT 8.0 engine, it's a .50ci?
Old 03-29-2011, 05:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chopperjames619
Lance, I'm loving the modded argus! Easiest engine to tune I have ever had! And completly rips! Huge power increase over my stock one. My nova you resized is running great too. I am letting a buddy use it right now and he's raced with it 4 times ans is amazed at you work.

Thanks again for all the help and xlnt workmanship!

James v
NO problem James Glad your happy with our work

Thanks for the update. You buddy Rick called me Yesterday and ordered a MOD Argus. He told me about you pulling everyone(even his plus4) with yours. HE was pissed...lol So he picked one up. Real nice guy. Thanks again James Let me know how it goes when he gets it.

Take care,
Lance
RcRenew.com
Old 03-29-2011, 05:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Sein
Lance, can you pinch the MGT 8.0 engine, it's a .50ci?
Sorry, we only tool up to .32's I think the piston sleeves for those are pretty inexpensive last time I looked? You might be able to get a new one for $45 or so?

Thanks,
Lance
Old 03-31-2011, 09:51 AM
Tech Elite

Jeff your pipe shipped this morning. Shawn your mod Argus will ship out in the morning. Crank needs to set for 1 more day.

Thanks again guys,

Lance
RcRenew
Old 04-01-2011, 03:04 PM
Tech Elite

Tom Got your message, I do have a good used case for your trinity laying around. Instead of just sending me you P/S, Just send in your whole engine and I will resize it and just change out the case for no charge Just pay for the resizing and shipping. Thsoe big jumps are cool! until you break your case!!..lol I have had it happen myself a couple times.

Thanks,
Lance
RcRenew
Old 04-01-2011, 03:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Rcrenew
Tom Got your message, I do have a good used case for your trinity laying around. Instead of just sending me you P/S, Just send in your whole engine and I will resize it and just change out the case for no charge Just pay for the resizing and shipping. Thsoe big jumps are cool! until you break your case!!..lol I have had it happen myself a couple times.

Thanks,
Lance
RcRenew
Thats awesome service you have my Biz next time around. Guys at my track have nothing but good things to say about your items and services. Good Job!!!
Old 04-01-2011, 08:25 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks! I try to help out as much as I can. Besides ,my customers are #1 I Appreciate the compliment

Take care,
Lance
RcRenew
Old 04-02-2011, 12:55 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Well I spent the better half of this morning trying to break in my newly pinched B5. The pinch on the p/s was done so well I blew one of my lipos on my box trying to get this thing turned over

My B5 wasn't this tight when I bought it. And yes, I slapped on the Comp Heater and I still can not get this thing to fire up.

I got the Medium pinch on the P/S and it does look great. Just curios if anyone else had a hard time doing the break in after a pinch. The engine never once fired up for me this morning....
Old 04-02-2011, 03:01 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hookem34
Well I spent the better half of this morning trying to break in my newly pinched B5. The pinch on the p/s was done so well I blew one of my lipos on my box trying to get this thing turned over

My B5 wasn't this tight when I bought it. And yes, I slapped on the Comp Heater and I still can not get this thing to fire up.

I got the Medium pinch on the P/S and it does look great. Just curios if anyone else had a hard time doing the break in after a pinch. The engine never once fired up for me this morning....
Dont be afraid to heat it up good. use a heat gun to get it to 200-225. The comp heaters are great but they usually max out at 175-180, and just because I've seen a million people do it, make sure your glow starter is charged good and the plug is good
Old 04-02-2011, 05:56 PM
Tech Adept

U raceor practice at RCHQ right? Me too.. if your having problems or need help ask one of us regular racers.. we'll be glad to help.....PM me sometime....
Old 04-02-2011, 10:52 PM
Tech Elite

Sorry to hear you had a hard time with it. A medium resize will be pretty tight. ( Werks engines are not very tight when they are new and break in VERY easily) But we have never had one "too tight" before? IM sure you already cheked but make sure your lipos are good an your motors in your starter box, etc... To eliminae that there may be a problem with one of those items. ALong with glow plug, fuel lines etc.... BUt by all means if you are sure everything is good send it in and we will take a look at it and correct anything on our end if thats what it is. BUt for it to not fire up. makes me believe there is something else going on? BUt we back our work so, Let us know what you find out and just know we got your back if its something to do with our work, we will take care of it for you.

Thanks,
Lance
RcRenew
Old 04-03-2011, 05:59 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rcrenew
Sorry to hear you had a hard time with it. A medium resize will be pretty tight. ( Werks engines are not very tight when they are new and break in VERY easily) But we have never had one "too tight" before? IM sure you already cheked but make sure your lipos are good an your motors in your starter box, etc... To eliminae that there may be a problem with one of those items. ALong with glow plug, fuel lines etc.... BUt by all means if you are sure everything is good send it in and we will take a look at it and correct anything on our end if thats what it is. BUt for it to not fire up. makes me believe there is something else going on? BUt we back our work so, Let us know what you find out and just know we got your back if its something to do with our work, we will take care of it for you.

Thanks,
Lance
RcRenew
Thanks Lance. I will give it another shot today and if she still wont turn over I will drop you a line.

Thanks!

-Dan
Old 04-03-2011, 07:08 AM
Tech Elite

No problem Keep me posted.

Thanks,
Lance
Old 04-05-2011, 04:27 PM
Tech Elite

Chris, Sam your engines arrrived and were inspected. E-mailed you the details.

Gary and Robert, your engines will ship out first thing in the morning.

Thanks guys,

Lance
RcRenew

Last edited by Rcrenew; 04-05-2011 at 04:28 PM. Reason: spelling.
Old 04-05-2011, 04:47 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Lance, Mine and Keiths B5's are better than brand new. With Ceramic bearings and a super pinch they are absolute powerhouses! Love what you do bro, just love it! For less than half the price of a new engine It feels better than it did when I first got it. Rock on brother!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.