Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
RcRenew.com engine resizing and epoxy crank re-filling >

RcRenew.com engine resizing and epoxy crank re-filling

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

RcRenew.com engine resizing and epoxy crank re-filling

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2018, 05:05 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Can you modify the crankshaft to convert a RTR engine with pull start to a non-pull start, with a backing plate. There is a small pin on the end of the crankshaft that engages the pull start unit and it needs to be grinded off and make smooth where the connecting rod attaches. Thnx
Old 07-08-2018, 11:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Yes that's no problem for us... send it in and we'll take care of it.

thanks,
Lance
Old 08-27-2018, 03:19 PM
Tech Elite

Back to 2 day turnaround on engine mods and break in services. Pms anwered.

thanks!
Old 09-02-2018, 07:08 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

How much to resize my .21 sleeve?
Old 09-24-2018, 10:11 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by trickymon
How much to resize my .21 sleeve?
Any resizing is $20 plus shipping.
Old 09-24-2018, 10:16 AM
Tech Elite

We are now offering oil bath break in service in addition to our traditional break in service. Some who have used our standard service for nearly a decade prefer it but now we offer both options for customers. 2 day turnaround on break in services.

RcRenew.com

Last edited by Rcrenew; 09-24-2018 at 10:17 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-24-2018, 10:18 AM
Tech Elite

http://www.rcrenew.com/RC%20engine%20break%20in.html
Old 10-16-2018, 12:23 PM
Tech Elite

Back to next day turnaround on engine services and break ins.
Old 10-26-2018, 07:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I am interested in sending an engine in for an oil bath break in, but I see that there are few tanks of light running required after that. Do you have an recommendation on how these should be performed?
Old 10-28-2018, 09:26 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by IOP_Racer
I am interested in sending an engine in for an oil bath break in, but I see that there are few tanks of light running required after that. Do you have an recommendation on how these should be performed?
Yes we send instructions with each engine we do the break in service on.
Old 11-26-2018, 02:21 PM
Tech Elite

Back to next day turnaround on break ins.

Some have asked …...but yes we have 3 oil bath break in machines that's why our turnaround is quick others have only 1.

thanks,
Lance
jersey likes this.
Old 05-10-2019, 11:29 AM
Tech Elite

All caught up back to 2 day turnaround or break ins, Mods are at 3 days. Super busy with Drag racing mods this year RCR MODS doing work!
Old 05-10-2019, 04:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hey Lance,

glad to see you are still providing services!! I had a Werks B5 modded by you about 5 years ago. And I must say, even after 5 years, the engine is still strong! Granted, I took a two year hiatus in there, but dang, the fact that your mod and my engine still runs like a clock, is a true testament to your work.
I am about to head overseas for a deployment, and while I am gone, I’m gonna buy a new engine. I would like to send my old B5 to you to get rebuilt, as well as get my new engine broken in. I’ll send you more info on what I would like done, once I send them. But was just curious, if I send you an old engine like I am, will you recommend new parts if something is so messed up as well as replace them? Or is that outside of your scope of service. For example, if my piston is just shot, will you typically get a new one and add it to the cost of the service, or just tell the person it’s shot, and have to send it back? Just curious. Like I said, I would like a total engine rebuild for my B5, but didn’t know if you would actually do something like that. Thanks again for your engine services, love them!!

Chad
Old 05-10-2019, 07:10 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by xlrsd
Hey Lance,

glad to see you are still providing services!! I had a Werks B5 modded by you about 5 years ago. And I must say, even after 5 years, the engine is still strong! Granted, I took a two year hiatus in there, but dang, the fact that your mod and my engine still runs like a clock, is a true testament to your work.
I am about to head overseas for a deployment, and while I am gone, I’m gonna buy a new engine. I would like to send my old B5 to you to get rebuilt, as well as get my new engine broken in. I’ll send you more info on what I would like done, once I send them. But was just curious, if I send you an old engine like I am, will you recommend new parts if something is so messed up as well as replace them? Or is that outside of your scope of service. For example, if my piston is just shot, will you typically get a new one and add it to the cost of the service, or just tell the person it’s shot, and have to send it back? Just curious. Like I said, I would like a total engine rebuild for my B5, but didn’t know if you would actually do something like that. Thanks again for your engine services, love them!!

Chad
Thanks so much for the feedback! None of my mods harm reliability or tuning ( unless a custom extreme situation where I am advised its not an issue and they owner want to sacrifice that for performance ) Mods have gotten a bad name over the years but if you do it right they are awesome and can add a ton of power ( or even change the powerband to better fit a drivers needs ) and gain mileage without hurting anything. So its always nice to hear customers experiences.

Yes If it needs new parts that's not a problem. And yes we always inspect the engines that way we can advise on what to do. Sometimes on old engines its not worth rebuilding it because of the replacement parts cost and I will be honest and let customers know that as well. We resize piston/sleeves but if need we also can replace parts if needed, bearings, rods, cranks p/s etc... Anything with nitro engines we do, break ins, rebuilds, mods, we even work on and mod rc boat, plane, tether car engines etc...

Thanks again and whenever you are ready send it in an well get it dialed in for you.

Last edited by Rcrenew; 05-10-2019 at 07:18 PM. Reason: Added
Old 05-14-2019, 05:17 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Morning, is it necessary to add a shim between the front bearing and the cone? I have never done this, but I have read and been told it helps the race of the front bearing when the cone is not on it. If so, do we have a measurement or part # for this shim?

Thanks,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.