Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree223Likes

REDS Engines (Mario Rossi)

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2024, 06:49 AM
Tech Lord

In this case it is only the rotating backplate with (I think) small 10x5 bearings, not much to gain compared with the whole rotating mass the engine must power (own crankshaft up to the wheels).
Old 01-29-2024, 08:51 AM
Tech Rookie

Dang it I bought one to go on my new Gen 4!! So, you guys got experience with this backplate? bearings not holding up? no oil to the bearings? No real overall improvements anywhere?
Old 01-29-2024, 10:23 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Rotary Backplate

Originally Posted by T880
Dang it I bought one to go on my new Gen 4!! So, you guys got experience with this backplate? bearings not holding up? no oil to the bearings? No real overall improvements anywhere?
...just never seen a situation where it made things "better" by any measurable metric.
Old 01-29-2024, 05:14 PM
Tech Rookie

Hmmmm, Well add it to my pile of rc stuff I probably won't ever use!! LOL!
Old 01-29-2024, 11:10 PM
Tech Adept

Default RTX

Hmmmm, Well add it to my pile of rc stuff I probably won't ever use!! LOL!

You seem to have misunderstood something, there is nothing wrong with the RTX rear plate.
It is clear that this part cannot create a "day and night. difference. The purpose of the part is clearly to reduce friction in the crankcase.
My objection is that it adds additional moving parts to the system and therefore more maintenance is recommended.
Most riders around me neglect their engines, which is a major reason for poorly performing engines and disappointing weekends.
And that is the reason why I have issued a warning here.
The ball bearings are designed to be as small as possible for understandable reasons. The same size as the clutch.
There is little oil on the bearings and not "no oil"
Canas won the Euros last year with the RTX.
It is unlikely that he will go into a 1 hour final with an untrustworthy part.
Happy motoring👋🏻
Old 01-30-2024, 12:48 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Nitro5270
You seem to have misunderstood something, there is nothing wrong with the RTX rear plate.
It is clear that this part cannot create a "day and night. difference. The purpose of the part is clearly to reduce friction in the crankcase.
My objection is that it adds additional moving parts to the system and therefore more maintenance is recommended.
Most riders around me neglect their engines, which is a major reason for poorly performing engines and disappointing weekends.
The ball bearings are designed to be as small as possible for understandable reasons. The same size as the clutch.
Happy motoring👋🏻
I really wonder if the engines Canas and Boots use are exactly same as the ones anyone can purchase? I'm pretty sure they use specially selected best fit piston and sleeve combos and etc.
PEASNQUES likes this.
Old 01-30-2024, 02:07 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by cansoykal
I really wonder if the engines Canas and Boots use are exactly same as the ones anyone can purchase? I'm pretty sure they use specially selected best fit piston and sleeve combos and etc.
They would be pretty stupid if they didn't do that.
This is a practice that is as old as the combustion engine itself.
PEASNQUES likes this.
Old 01-30-2024, 03:44 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by cansoykal
Although many teamdrivers as manufacturers claim they run box stock then I wonder why there is so much room to modify an engine to a noticeable better performance. Last I had a small discussion about the same question regarding the onroad worlds and someone from Ielasi claimed they did run the same engines we buy of the shelf. Then why can we modify that same Ielasi to a better performance with still enough milage?

Commercial it is just better to say the teamdrivers have the same engines.
Old 01-30-2024, 04:46 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default "Untrustworty part?"

Originally Posted by Nitro5270
Happy motoring👋🏻
I'd imagine he, like any other world class pro will have his "engine guy" maintain this part regulary...it bloody well should see through an hour main - that is not too much to ask at all...but unlike them (pros), some of us (not me necessary)
are not as meticulous with maintenance...this is where the viability of the backplate comes into question...I have many, many, many hours on my backplate and have no backplate bearing concerns. Why? Because there is none! I think we have to evaluate where we are in rc as individuals...weekend warrior type...plenty of time to tinker type...chasing national championship type? That'll determine what level of "performance" and maintenace one should choose in my opinion.
Old 01-30-2024, 08:45 AM
Tech Adept

Again it’s nothing wrong with the RTX
It is not rocket science .
Just look after it from time to time and you will be fine.
Old 01-30-2024, 09:20 AM
Tech Elite

I've run the RTX backplate since they came out and never checked them. They will not be coming off my engines. The biggest factor is improve stability at idle. This is what they do. I am able to run "normal" engine settings, like .50 idle, which I cant do with out.
Nitro5270 likes this.
Old 01-30-2024, 04:45 PM
Tech Rookie

Well that is god news! Having a stable idle is important to me! That will more than pay for itself.
I'll service those bearing when I service the clutch, no big deal , 4 backplate screws.
I thinkI can handle that!!
Nitro5270 likes this.
Old 01-31-2024, 12:30 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

The new 721 SCUDERIA GEN4 PRO SUPERVELOCE can be purchased with either the RTX backplate or the air boost backplate.

https://www.reds-racing-usa.com/shop/721-SCUDERIA-GEN4-PRO-SUPERVELOCE-SV-WITH-RTX-BACKPLATE-p623559273

https://www.reds-racing-usa.com/shop/721-SCUDERIA-GEN4-PRO-SUPERVELOCE-SV-WITH-AIRBOOST-BACKPLATE-p623565276

Nitro5270 likes this.
Old 02-28-2024, 12:36 AM
Tech Initiate

Could there be a New Reds 521 Sport in 2024?
Old 04-13-2024, 03:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Gen 1 and 2 721/723 carb issues

Just thought I’d toss this rod but if info in here if anyone is interested and is still dealing with the reds 2 needle carb and can’t get tuning down. I have the green head sv and the red head 723 both with the problematic carb. I have tried everything from colder plugs to head shimming changes(adding shims) and have never been able to get a stable idle. I had a new performa 7 port and a bunch of nova carbs and decided to try both. The performa immediately changed everything about this engine and the nova carb as well. Stock head shimming,30% vp tessmann blend and a p3/t3 plug. I’ve had these engines for years and they’ve just sat while I’ve run mostly os speeds, novas and finally can get some use out of these engines. They run flawlessly with immediate drop to idle and super easy to tune now. Maybe one day I’ll get the new 3 needle carb and give it a shot. I dunno.
jdsand5 likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.