Like Tree223Likes

REDS Engines (Mario Rossi)

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2024, 01:57 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nitro5270
great👍🏻

Do you check for the lean and rich limits?
I dont know about the "limits" so to speak. I just tuned to what runs well on the day. I am running vp30% xone 2143, reds 4 shoe all aluminum medium setting, medium springs and the same plug that came with the engine. Race conditions yesterday was 56° F - 70% humidity. I raced a total of 67 minutes with no issues at all and - pitted on 10 minutes in B and A mains...
Nitro5270 likes this.

Last edited by PEASNQUES; 01-24-2024 at 04:42 AM.
Old 01-22-2024, 02:11 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks for sharing good information 👍🏻
You guys are blessed with such fuels!
Old 01-23-2024, 02:15 PM
Tech Adept

Are you in Europe with 16% maximum Nitro Content?
Old 01-23-2024, 10:32 PM
Tech Adept

Yes. It is 16 by weight.
Its a act of terror by its own.
Thank you EU Terrorists in suits
Old 01-23-2024, 11:42 PM
Tech Lord

Yes. It is 16 by weight.
Its a act of terror by its own.
Thank you EU Terrorists in suits
The onroad 1/8 is racing for over a decade with 16% and we are used to it. The step to the new 16% (about 13.5%) did not change a thing. The step from 25 to 16 is more about getting the headshims right to notice less of the change.
Old 01-24-2024, 12:27 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Roelof
The onroad 1/8 is racing for over a decade with 16% and we are used to it. The step to the new 16% (about 13.5%) did not change a thing. The step from 25 to 16 is more about getting the headshims right to notice less of the change.
Yea „did not change a thing“ 😄😉
At least it didn’t change the number of terrorists.
Old 01-24-2024, 04:45 AM
Tech Adept

Yea „did not change a thing“ 😄😉
At least it didn’t change the number of terrorists.
Dont they want you to "own nothing and like it?" over there? That "WEF" gang of freaks!?

Old 01-24-2024, 06:03 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by PEASNQUES
Dont they want you to "own nothing and like it?" over there? That "WEF" gang of freaks!?
It seems to be a trend that stuff people do not like is always blamed on the WEF. Basically I do not like the WEF either because why so many politicians have to meet at some private organisation but I do not believe the weirdest things people can write about the WEF.

Maybe you Americans can not understand it but the Netherlands as a small European country in the north part of Europe takes about 1200 refugees a week! Most of them are from north Africa and the middle east and a part comes from Ukraine. So we get about 50.000 new Dutch citizens a year and when they are settled they can transfer their family as well. The real Dutch citizen is tired of the culture they bring with them. Burglary, theft, violence against women, homo's, other religions etc as also their love for ISIS is daily written in the news if it is not kept secret from public. And yet, the endless stream of those people goes on.
Last week they caught an old ISIS criminal that came as a refugee and got an house and the rest of his family. A total normal person like the hijackers of 911 so the question remains how many of those people are now sleeping terrorists in the western world......

Nitromethane is just a populair liquid making explosives, that has been proven. But yes, I also believe that they still can get it w/o the need of filtering nitro fuel. Again, the EFRA onroad and with that many countries made the switch years ago we got used to it and basically in the past in the 25% era many racers were already qualifying on 16 or 20% to do a qualify w/o a fuel stop
stanleyw808 likes this.
Old 01-24-2024, 10:10 AM
Tech Adept

It seems to be a trend that stuff people do not like is always blamed on the WEF. Basically I do not like the WEF either because why so many politicians have to meet at some private organisation but I do not believe the weirdest things people can write about the WEF.

Maybe you Americans can not understand it but the Netherlands as a small European country in the north part of Europe takes about 1200 refugees a week! Most of them are from north Africa and the middle east and a part comes from Ukraine. So we get about 50.000 new Dutch citizens a year and when they are settled they can transfer their family as well. The real Dutch citizen is tired of the culture they bring with them. Burglary, theft, violence against women, homo's, other religions etc as also their love for ISIS is daily written in the news if it is not kept secret from public. And yet, the endless stream of those people goes on.
Last week they caught an old ISIS criminal that came as a refugee and got an house and the rest of his family. A total normal person like the hijackers of 911 so the question remains how many of those people are now sleeping terrorists in the western world......

Nitromethane is just a populair liquid making explosives, that has been proven. But yes, I also believe that they still can get it w/o the need of filtering nitro fuel. Again, the EFRA onroad and with that many countries made the switch years ago we got used to it and basically in the past in the 25% era many racers were already qualifying on 16 or 20% to do a qualify w/o a fuel stop
Why do you feel this is an issue that "we Americans" might not understand; do you think that lowly of us? You do know all we do is eat McDonalds and watch CNN right?! Joking aside - I completely agree with you. I am a border agent have seen the problem up close...I'd argue closer than you, my friend. The question is "what agenda is the "refugee crisis" really masking?"
But let us stop this talk of the "elites'" manipulation of population demographics however; I think the mods may not take kindly to our particular perspectives and opinions...especially on a website dedicated to RC; in a forum discussing nitro engines, non the less...

Last edited by PEASNQUES; 01-24-2024 at 10:23 AM.
Old 01-24-2024, 12:43 PM
Tech Lord

I know in bashers groups people make fun of our nitro limit because nothing beats fuel with at least 30%. When showing a race where 16% is used they must admit the cars look fast and powerful but still we Europeans are stupid. Problem is that most people do not know or do not want to change headshims for such a dramatic change in nitro content and only complain about the stupidity and the loss of power.
PEASNQUES likes this.
Old 01-24-2024, 02:20 PM
Tech Adept

I know in bashers groups people make fun of our nitro limit because nothing beats fuel with at least 30%. When showing a race where 16% is used they must admit the cars look fast and powerful but still we Europeans are stupid. Problem is that most people do not know or do not want to change headshims for such a dramatic change in nitro content and only complain about the stupidity and the loss of power.
I understand. In my locale, using the fuel we do I have found that it helps to lower the compression ratio marginally by adding a shim...typically .1-.3mm in an effort to keep temperature more consistent across longer runs 25+ minutes and thereby reduce the chance of pre-ignition/detonation.
...but we run usually 25-30% and ambient temps can vary from 55°F-75°F across our race season. I usually stick with a medium heat range plug to eliminate one variable, at least.
I have never raced or tuned for competitive on-road but I imagine controlling temps while achieving competitive power is quite the balancing act?
Old 01-24-2024, 04:53 PM
Tech Rookie

Questions?? Reds Racing WR5 Black Diamond

How you doing? New to RCTECH! Looking for some solutions to a used engine I acquired. WR5 BlackDiamond R Series. Very crusted! Bearings wore out P/S ConRod worn out, Piston pushes all the way to the top. I plan on doing a rebuild, new ceramic bearings, P/S/Conrod replacement, My problem is the P/S is discontinued, I plan on having the original squeezed {pinched} but would also like to rebuild with new P/S. What I need to know is do any of the newer P/S ie..521 Sport,Gen 3 Pro, 721 Scuderia will any of these drop in my block? Hate to let this go since I basically got it for free, rest of the motor is good! crank is diamond coated looks like new, carb cleaned up good also, Any help would be much appreciated!
Respect, JT
Old 01-24-2024, 11:09 PM
Tech Initiate

How do i know how many shims i must use with 16% EU fuel?

Michael
Old 01-24-2024, 11:18 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Holymoly
How do i know how many shims i must use with 16% EU fuel?

Michael
I know many bashers like the LRP32x, and the manual even has listed it.

The standard rule is a 0.1mm shim change between 16 and 25%, lower nitro -> lower head.
Old 01-25-2024, 12:56 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by T880
How you doing? New to RCTECH! Looking for some solutions to a used engine I acquired. WR5 BlackDiamond R Series. Very crusted! Bearings wore out P/S ConRod worn out, Piston pushes all the way to the top. I plan on doing a rebuild, new ceramic bearings, P/S/Conrod replacement, My problem is the P/S is discontinued, I plan on having the original squeezed {pinched} but would also like to rebuild with new P/S. What I need to know is do any of the newer P/S ie..521 Sport,Gen 3 Pro, 721 Scuderia will any of these drop in my block? Hate to let this go since I basically got it for free, rest of the motor is good! crank is diamond coated looks like new, carb cleaned up good also, Any help would be much appreciated!
Respect, JT
Hi the sleeve does not fit.
The outer diameter is bigger.
I recommend the steel bearings.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.