Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree349Likes

NOVAROSSI Engine thread....

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2015, 02:50 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by sn47som1
Hey guys just to put this one to bed, for me at least lol, i mixed things about what to start tuning for with Novarossis. Some start with the LSN some start with the HSN to start tuning. Which is it? And do I start tuning at half a tank of fuel?
Usually 2 types of carb, long/short lsn but i think ur model come with long lsn.

Anyway either ways work but i prefer start with lsn, with hsn always rich. (hope u know is lack top end or bottom end). Make sure idle is close .5/.6/.7mm (can find tune later on). Get it up to temp, to race tune it something like:
1. Lean lsn till u hear it high rev n richen it OR adjust d idle screw to have normal idle
2. Do some WOT run n start leaning hsn for performance.
3. Final adjustment might be lsn/idle if necessary

Better ask someone at track to help u out, words are harder to digest, some practical n testingwill be best

Hope it helps
Old 03-29-2015, 08:05 PM
Tech Regular

Hello, I am looking for an manifold having an angle between 41021 and 41029 ...have any Novarossi? 41031 or 41033 they can be?

Thanks. Best Regards.
Old 03-31-2015, 05:18 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Novarossi engine

Originally Posted by sn47som1
Looks NICE! Cant go wrong with a Top. But I would try a mod Clio first.
Yeh it does look excellent, just arrived today, will be busy over Easter im sure, breaking it in. I already have a Clio's modded from Neil, they are a awesome engine, the new Elite has the Team piston, he believes it will have Awesome bottom end power, I also have a RB Blast from Neil as well, This thing is unreal, it Screams down the straight, has So much bottom end for large out of corner jumps, makes driving my truggy effortless!! Certainly modded engines out perform stock any day, fuel consumption is still the same, if not a bit better, or maybe More consistent is a better way to say it. Is just like his engines, consistent. Break it, tune it, warm it up every start, leave the needles alone, and just race it, you might go a hr each way depending on how hot the weather is, my RB ran last event on a 40degree day, ran at 100 degrees ALL day, last club meeting was a 22 degree day, moved needle in 1 hr, ran all day 100 degrees. So consistent. that's what ya pay for in my opinion. Well worth the money!
Old 03-31-2015, 08:54 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mallee RC
Yeh it does look excellent, just arrived today, will be busy over Easter im sure, breaking it in. I already have a Clio's modded from Neil, they are a awesome engine, the new Elite has the Team piston, he believes it will have Awesome bottom end power, I also have a RB Blast from Neil as well, This thing is unreal, it Screams down the straight, has So much bottom end for large out of corner jumps, makes driving my truggy effortless!! Certainly modded engines out perform stock any day, fuel consumption is still the same, if not a bit better, or maybe More consistent is a better way to say it. Is just like his engines, consistent. Break it, tune it, warm it up every start, leave the needles alone, and just race it, you might go a hr each way depending on how hot the weather is, my RB ran last event on a 40degree day, ran at 100 degrees ALL day, last club meeting was a 22 degree day, moved needle in 1 hr, ran all day 100 degrees. So consistent. that's what ya pay for in my opinion. Well worth the money!
I'd have to agree with you 100%!! Neil's work was the best! I got a modded P5xlt from him and it's been a beast! Ive run it off and on for three years now and its still a sreamer! Ive done nothing to it, other than fresh filters and keeping it clean! We call it the engine that never quits and tried to see if we could kill it at a huge 5th scale track....but it just kept going! Pre-heat everytime and don't "needle jockey it", as Neil would say, and you'll have a land rocket that never stops! Best motor Ive ever had!
Old 03-31-2015, 11:32 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rage1945
three years
How much do you run every year.. I get like 2-3 months out of an engine.
Old 03-31-2015, 12:01 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Eivind E

typo maybe ?
Old 03-31-2015, 03:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I ran my engines all last season. Maybe 8 races and they just finally both finished breaking in the last race I attended in January! That's roughly 3 gallons on each engine and these were factory broken in engines as well. Better look at your maintenance and tuning program if your only getting 2-3months!
Old 03-31-2015, 03:38 PM
Tech Elite

Just got my new Mito 4 and 7 today and will start cycling them into my race program. Will save my current engines for roar nats in June
Old 04-01-2015, 01:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Engine life

Originally Posted by Eivind E
Geeezzz, if your only getting that amount of time for a engine, Yes you would need to Read the Break in Bible, and follow the guidelines for tuning your engines. If your not getting 40-50ltrs on ANY engine, there's a big problem!
Have run Nitro for a long time, last years Nova,s I still have, both would have over 40ltrs on them, and still have excellent compression, I would even race a 2or3 day event on them, however 2015 has arrived, and so does New engines, they are my backup engines.
If you have any issues with correct break in, feel free to ask hear, there's lots of guys on hear with good knowledge, and would help you out. Once you understand how they work, they are So easy to tune for great performance, and will last you at least a seasons racing, at least!! Owe, and you only get what you pay for in the Nitro world, cheap engines, are rubbish, buy a good branded engine, and they will last !
Good luck mate
Old 04-01-2015, 01:47 AM
Tech Master

I think minimum can get 3-4 gallon with taiwan engine, running rich will last more
Old 04-01-2015, 03:22 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mallee RC
Geeezzz, if your only getting that amount of time for a engine, Yes you would need to Read the Break in Bible, and follow the guidelines for tuning your engines...
...make an engine last more than 2-3 months if there's a race every single weekend, plus practice..?

At racetune I don't think most people are getting 50 litres out of an engine, imho I'm happy if I get 25~30 litres out of an engine before the compression goes.
You can't run them blubberingly rich and still make all the jumps and pit at the same number of minutes as everyone else. You'd be not making the big jumps, and pitting at 6 minute intervals.
Old 04-01-2015, 06:58 AM
Tech Elite

At a minimum you should get between 8-10 gallons from a well taken care of engine.
Old 04-01-2015, 04:40 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by SupermaxxRich
At a minimum you should get between 8-10 gallons from a well taken care of engine.
8-10gallon i think too many, my vote only 5 gallon. With slightly rich tune
Old 04-01-2015, 05:28 PM
Tech Regular

IMO ive got my bonito and btt which are clubby engines, theyve both had 3 big events on them, plus we race every second friday, and every tuesday night is practice. That being said ive attended 60-70% of the racemeets locally.
The btt is a little down, but the bonito still has a butt load of pinch in it.
My virtus and keep off's all have under 10L, can still rest them at top-dead and they will hang there with no leaking.

All my engines are tuned so i dont have to lean on them to produce the power i want, lucky if i surpass 75% throttle on most tracks, still hitting fastest lap paces wherever i go.

Just my opinion, anyways have fun and enjoy!
Old 04-01-2015, 06:59 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I purchased 9886 pipe and 41021 manifold for a p5xlt. Is this a good combo for this engine?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.