Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree47Likes

ALPHA OFF ROAD ENGINES

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 10:58 PM
Tech Champion

So I'm trying to decide which clutch to throw on the A352. I have a Mugen stock, AE stock, Hot Bodies D812 carbon stock, a Fioroni Vario 3-shoe(great clutch FYI..), and a stock 4-shoe Werks. The local track has very little traction.. Would the carbon clutch just be a bad idea?

This .23 btw is being something of a .. let's say "minor challenge" to tune. Nothing bid-deal, but not particularly easy. It seems to literally take a tank and a half to decide on a tune for itself.. (i.e. after a tank, and maybe the last quarter of it running fine, it'll seem to change and need another tweak... I'm not sure it's just an end-of-tank lean thing either.. Just seems to wander..) Should I maybe throw in this other LSN or something, or are these just break-in hiccups? (About 12-14 tanks through it now...)
Old 08-29-2013, 05:19 AM

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Herrsavage
So I'm trying to decide which clutch to throw on the A352. I have a Mugen stock, AE stock, Hot Bodies D812 carbon stock, a Fioroni Vario 3-shoe(great clutch FYI..), and a stock 4-shoe Werks. The local track has very little traction.. Would the carbon clutch just be a bad idea?

This .23 btw is being something of a .. let's say "minor challenge" to tune. Nothing bid-deal, but not particularly easy. It seems to literally take a tank and a half to decide on a tune for itself.. (i.e. after a tank, and maybe the last quarter of it running fine, it'll seem to change and need another tweak... I'm not sure it's just an end-of-tank lean thing either.. Just seems to wander..) Should I maybe throw in this other LSN or something, or are these just break-in hiccups? (About 12-14 tanks through it now...)
I would say u need more fuel in the engine. I bet the .23 still has some pinch left, but u could be to the point that the engine is getting ready to drop its nutz and go really fat on the tune cause there is no metal pinch left.
Old 08-29-2013, 05:39 AM
Tech Champion

With the plug out I can turn it over with relative ease..
Old 08-29-2013, 05:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

This is not a normal characteristic of the engine. Something is going on somewhere causing this. The tune should not "wander all over the place" this is usually an air leak or fuel tank issue.

New engines will during some point go rich and the tune will change when they loosen up during break in but it does not go back and forth.

Also changing the Low speed needle will not help this. The engine actually comes with the longer LSN installed and it works great and most actually prefer it than the Short optional one.

You prob know this but I would just double check for air leaks, tank issues, swap out the glow plug etc...

Also for clutches out of the options you listed I would go with the Werks with Alum shoes or a 3 shoe alum setup. In truggy wit the carbon shoes especially with the .23 they heat up and the feel will change and get sluggish after a few minutes of running. But this is just my preference. Aluminum shoes feel more consistant.
Old 08-29-2013, 06:02 AM
Tech Champion

It is a pretty old tank in the SC8(i.e. RC8 tank, once known to have occasional issues), but I just broke in a P5 too, which tuned like a dream..

Plug maybe..
Old 08-29-2013, 06:11 AM
Tech Elite

It is a pretty old tank in the SC8(i.e. RC8 tank, once known to have occasional issues), but I just broke in a P5 too, which tuned like a dream..

Plug maybe..
Maybe.... I would start with the plug. I see that a lot where a plug will glow and work but cause tuning issues. That's one of the first things I do If in encounter any issues is try a new plug and even another to rule that out.

Where are your needle settings?
Old 08-29-2013, 10:15 AM
Tech Elite

Alpha Lutz 2107 Pipe is now available.
Old 08-29-2013, 09:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (98%+)

Anyone Have Any Cooling Heads To Sell... I Have The Dynamite Euro Engine Buts Its An Alpha Z852 And Sine Im Running For Triton Id Like A ReaL AlPha Head... Can Be Whichever One Also.. Pm Me... thanks
Old 08-29-2013, 09:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rcrenew
Alpha Lutz 2107 Pipe is now available.
Oh no... It came too soon.
Old 08-30-2013, 07:29 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pword
Oh no... It came too soon.
The Lutz pipe isn't on amain yet. But there on the lutzinator site. That's where I get most of my stuff.
Old 09-02-2013, 01:08 PM
Tech Adept

Questions?? Engine dump problem?

I have an engine (z852) stored for 6 months, I want to try it on an old buggy (hyper9) I do not use for quite some time (just for fun), I had some problems with the carburation and ignition. you think that the engine dump is making troubles on carburation?
Currently turns on the first time, it works perfectly, but it's pretty hard to turn it on after roll over or fuel runs out.

The last time I use it, was on MBX6 (6 months ago) and it worked flawlessly

Thanks for your help.

My current race config is MBX7+Dragon(6.5mm)+2090(7mm)

PS. Sorry for my english.
Old 09-02-2013, 02:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default shims alpa dragon

Can anyone explain how many washers should I use in my dragon with warm and dry weather to 450m (1400ft) above sea level.
Setup:
Venturi / Carb Restrictor: 6mm
Fuel: 25%
Plug: OS P3 Turbo
Shims: 2x2 0.2m 1x0.1mm (stock)
Gearing: Stock bmx7
Clutch: 3x plastic shoes, springs 1mm
Flywheel: alpha
Track: grip medium / low
Tyres: aka iBeam
Old 09-02-2013, 02:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

RCMania- PM me your addy. I have a few I could offer up, I only ask that you cover your preferrence for S/H. Due to work though, I won't be able to send out until Saturday.
P-Word - Check your PM. Was kinda cool having an all Alpha Plus AMain, wouldn't ya say? :P LOL.

So I havn't really read much lately...what does the new pipset offer over the 0801? Thx
Old 09-02-2013, 04:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NitroOB4You
RCMania- PM me your addy. I have a few I could offer up, I only ask that you cover your preferrence for S/H. Due to work though, I won't be able to send out until Saturday.
P-Word - Check your PM. Was kinda cool having an all Alpha Plus AMain, wouldn't ya say? :P LOL.

So I havn't really read much lately...what does the new pipset offer over the 0801? Thx
thanks for the guide Oompa. I'm just comfortable with these alphas. I tried Picco boost and i couldn't get it consistent as Alphas. I'm proud to represent Alpha in the northeast in my own little way. Go Alpha!
Old 09-02-2013, 05:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NitroOB4You

i have been running the pipe for about a month or so now and to me it is a smoother transition from bottom to mid but the 2107 feels like a lot more mid to top with a linear feel. if that makes sense. the 2107 just an awesome match for Alpha, the mid range to top is great but has no hard hit.

hope this answers your question, i am not sure if many others have had time to try theirs because it was released last week here in the states.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.