Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
Rayaracing sleeve resizing and tooling >

Rayaracing sleeve resizing and tooling

Like Tree15Likes

Rayaracing sleeve resizing and tooling

Old 06-22-2013, 07:13 AM
  #1036  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (15)
 
Maxxed-out's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 562
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by RayA
Thanks Billy,
Your package arrived yesturday, Sets 1, 2, and 3 no serious surface finish issues, none the less all needed improvement. Set #1 resized light-med and 2, and 3 Med, as requested. Ships this morning.

Samuel (CA) your 10 sets go out this morning also

Great time to get your piston+sleeves refreshed guys....good fast and cheap service

Thanks

Ray
RayAracing
Maxxed-out is offline  
Old 06-25-2013, 03:30 PM
  #1037  
Tech Master
iTrader: (2)
 
Winner's Circle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Atlanta, Georgia USA
Posts: 1,196
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default My engine runs great!

Thanks Ray for the fast service. I put my Reds engine back together and it runs great.

I thought that the engine was unrepairable due to the damage created when I knocked the air cleaner off of it at PNB. It ingested a ton of dust before it stopped running due to zero compression.

Thanks,

Lee
Winner's Circle is offline  
Old 06-29-2013, 02:55 PM
  #1038  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
motomanpat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,181
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Thanks for the pinches,top notchfast Not sure if I will ever have to run them but it is going to be nice having a backup motor or two. Thanks again Ray!
motomanpat is offline  
Old 07-02-2013, 03:38 AM
  #1039  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (23)
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: 4373 Creek Road Chaffee,NY 14030 USA (716)783-5198
Posts: 831
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default RayAracing Resizing Tooling + Resizing Service

Thanks Billy
Thanks Lee
Thanks Patrick

Marc(LA) Dennis(TX) Melvin(OH) on the bench now

Ronald(WI) Bjarne(Denmark) shipped yesturday

Working on resizing tooling orders this week thru next fur sure

Thanks guys......Have a safe and happy July Forth

Kind regards,

Ray
RayAracing
RayA is offline  
Old 07-02-2013, 05:01 AM
  #1040  
Tech Master
 
Lille-bror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Frederikshavn, Denmark
Posts: 1,792
Default

Lille-bror is offline  
Old 07-08-2013, 07:36 PM
  #1041  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (23)
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: 4373 Creek Road Chaffee,NY 14030 USA (716)783-5198
Posts: 831
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default RayAracing Resizing Tooling + Resizing Service

Ralf(VA) Richard(WA) arrived this afternoon , on bench now, ships tomorrow.

Resizing tooling orders coming in this week will be ship ready next week.

Any questions please call email or text me before Friday....We're taking a long weekend off

Thanks guys

Ray
RayAracing
RayA is offline  
Old 07-09-2013, 08:32 PM
  #1042  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (360)
 
tobamiester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Tea drinking Limmey in NJ
Posts: 12,402
Trader Rating: 360 (100%+)
Default

payment sent, and XZB Speed P/S, heading in the mail in the am. Thanks again
tobamiester is offline  
Old 07-10-2013, 01:05 PM
  #1043  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 15
Default

Ray, it seems you are the 'Go-to' man for pinching. I have a Novarossi MT12 (in a RC10GT blue chassis) I am thinking of sending you, and possibly a Dynamite Mach 15, to 'restore' my Losi XXX-NT.

Both of those engines seem very hard to find parts for, short of ordering parts from overseas.


Question, can a sleeve be pinched more than once? How do I know if the bearings or con rod should be replaced?


Comment- you may want to update your website, unless its still $20?
JSchubz is offline  
Old 07-15-2013, 11:45 AM
  #1044  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (23)
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: 4373 Creek Road Chaffee,NY 14030 USA (716)783-5198
Posts: 831
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default RayAracing Reconditioning-Resizing orders Serviced

Originally Posted by JSchubz
Ray, it seems you are the 'Go-to' man for pinching. I have a Novarossi MT12 (in a RC10GT blue chassis) I am thinking of sending you, and possibly a Dynamite Mach 15, to 'restore' my Losi XXX-NT.Both of those engines seem very hard to find parts for, short of ordering parts from overseas.
Question, can a sleeve be pinched more than once? How do I know if the bearings or con rod should be replaced?
Comment- you may want to update your website, unless its still $20?
Schubz, Its a givin , old engines sitting around a long time, your going to want to replace bearings to be safe. As for the conrod just remove the back plate(complete pull start assembly in Dynamite engine case) and rock the flywheel back and forth with piston at top of stroke , TDC. Its been a long while seeing Nitro Stadium trucks class around here Good memories.
Website pricing is to date. Thank You

Orders ready to ship Today Joseph(NY) Alanzo(MD) Morton(DENMARK) Toby(NJ) Merdith(TX)

Thanks guys

Ray
RayAracing
RayA is offline  
Old 07-15-2013, 10:08 PM
  #1045  
Tech Adept
 
occidio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Denmark
Posts: 126
Smile



Morten
occidio is offline  
Old 07-16-2013, 07:50 AM
  #1046  
Tech Master
 
Lille-bror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Frederikshavn, Denmark
Posts: 1,792
Default

Bringing back the life to a BTT engine assembled with parts from 3 engines, a new wristpin and conrod and of course a repinced P\S set from Ray :-)

1th tank with 6% nitro and 14% oil. 10.000 RPM.
Btt bench break-in
Lille-bror is offline  
Old 07-25-2013, 11:44 AM
  #1047  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (23)
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: 4373 Creek Road Chaffee,NY 14030 USA (716)783-5198
Posts: 831
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default RayAracing Reconditioning-Resizing Service

Originally Posted by Lille-bror
Bringing back the life to a BTT engine assembled with parts from 3 engines, a new wristpin and conrod and of course a repinced P\S set from Ray :-)

1th tank with 6% nitro and 14% oil. 10.000 RPM.
Btt bench break-in
Bjarne,
Referencing your last email sounds like engine is ready for race tune. Responded to your questions regards resized tightness OS engine models verses Nova based.Please confirm status all piston+sleeve sets resized for you and Morton ...real world race conditions any time after 1,2,3 or more gallons. Or just email me for anything....I like shootin the breeze with you guys across the pond

Thanks guys

Back to work now so Hektor gets his bite work in this evening

Kind regards,

Ray
RayA is offline  
Old 07-25-2013, 06:51 PM
  #1048  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (96)
 
houston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Sherwood,OR
Posts: 15,844
Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)
Default

Who's the man? RAY

Thanks for all you do Ray , you rock!
houston is offline  
Old 07-26-2013, 01:33 AM
  #1049  
Tech Adept
 
occidio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Denmark
Posts: 126
Default

Originally Posted by RayA
Bjarne,
Referencing your last email sounds like engine is ready for race tune. Responded to your questions regards resized tightness OS engine models verses Nova based.Please confirm status all piston+sleeve sets resized for you and Morton ...real world race conditions any time after 1,2,3 or more gallons. Or just email me for anything....I like shootin the breeze with you guys across the pond

Thanks guys

Back to work now so Hektor gets his bite work in this evening

Kind regards,

Ray
Hi Ray. First Morten with E and not O

I must admit that I never really believed in what you are doing. and since I have sponcer agreement with the importer of RB engines I've never believed that it could pay off. But Bjarne loved the idea. (he is my old pit man and guru for me when it comes to engines) so for fun I decided to send a couple of old engines over to you. and although my OS has loosened much faster than Bjarne's Nova I'm still convinced that it actually works. The OS engine is running like a dream again.
Would definately recommend you to others.
occidio is offline  
Old 07-26-2013, 05:52 AM
  #1050  
Tech Master
 
Lille-bror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Frederikshavn, Denmark
Posts: 1,792
Default

Originally Posted by occidio
Hi Ray. First Morten with E and not O

I must admit that I never really believed in what you are doing. and since I have sponcer agreement with the importer of RB engines I've never believed that it could pay off. But Bjarne loved the idea. (he is my old pit man and guru for me when it comes to engines) so for fun I decided to send a couple of old engines over to you. and although my OS has loosened much faster than Bjarne's Nova I'm still convinced that it actually works. The OS engine is running like a dream again.
Would definately recommend you to others.
Morten and I are a great team for sure

Yearh, both Mortens OS and my BTT was just great
Lille-bror is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.