Wiki Posts
Search

Pipe Coating

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 10:13 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
If someone were to offer a convenient service for not too much $$ I would certainly be interested in having some pipes done. IMO the hard coated pipes lasts soo much longer than polished. Not even just appearence but also the actual strength of the pipe. Plus I hate the way polished pipes look after a couple of runs. I really don't even like the look of polished pipes new. Too blingy for me.

X2....i dont have any polished pipe's that need doing...but if i did.
Old 03-13-2009, 10:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jpalessi
i'm not cooking pipes in a crock pot, that's just ridiculous.
Yet you are willing to wet sand a pipe.

I am not saying there is no need for coating pipes. I just don't think it will take off like you think. Of course you will not know unless you try

P.S. Crock Pot Rocks
Old 03-13-2009, 10:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

wet sanding takes me a total of 10 mins. Listen maybe your cock pot rocks, but it's not for me... I don't wanna clean my pipe once a month for 12hrs. I wanna clean my pipe once a week for 10 mins.
Old 03-13-2009, 10:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

looks awesome, Joe

screw the crock pot
Old 03-13-2009, 10:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Integra
X2....i dont have any polished pipe's that need doing...but if i did.
I don't have any right now either but have been looking at the OS 2060. The only thing stopping me from buying one is that it is polished, oh yeah and the rediculous price tag. For the price that pipe should be gold coated. But I have heard it is the best preforming pipe on a v-spec based engine so I might have to go for it. This coating service would make me even more likely to get it. Knowing that the grime will wipe right off and my $130+ pipe won't look like $h!t after one run.
Old 03-13-2009, 10:50 AM
Tech Adept

Default hard cote

if it adds strength to the pipe its good idea
Old 03-13-2009, 10:54 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
I don't have any right now either but have been looking at the OS 2060. The only thing stopping me from buying one is that it is polished, oh yeah and the rediculous price tag. For the price that pipe should be gold coated. But I have heard it is the best preforming pipe on a v-spec based engine so I might have to go for it. This coating service would make me even more likely to get it. Knowing that the grime will wipe right off and my $130+ pipe won't look like $h!t after one run.
Gold! you want Gold!... LOL

Krazy if you have a nova L header from like a 9886 that is what i run, and it works great. Awesome top end! That will save you a lil money just buying the pipe.
Old 03-13-2009, 11:01 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Krazy if you have a nova L header from like a 9886 that is what i run, and it works great. Awesome top end! That will save you a lil money just buying the pipe.
LOL

Sadly I don't have any Nova pipes either. I can get the 2060 set for like $130-140 on ebay so thats not too horrible.
Old 03-13-2009, 11:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

look's like the same black oxide coating from the crank's Joe, is there Tin under there
Old 03-13-2009, 11:07 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mr. Twister
look's like the same black oxide coating from the crank's Joe, is there Tin under there
No TIN in there... the blue one up top, and the gold one are ceramic coated. there is also a black available. I'm thinking about a ceramic gold pipe, and heat sink.
Old 03-13-2009, 11:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

I have a coated 2050 that i bought on here a few years back and the pipe barely looks damaged(granted it's dirty) everything is still in tact..i think this is a great service for those of us that would like the option
Old 03-13-2009, 11:15 AM
Tech Master

No TIN in there... the blue one up top, and the gold one are ceramic coated. there is also a black available. I'm thinking about a ceramic gold pipe, and heat sink.
man i know guy's are charhing $125 for a crank, whats a pipe going to run, what will the coating to as far as performance, i have my NR pipes done and they seem no different that uncoated, but it's not ceramic, will it affect resonant freq.
Old 03-13-2009, 11:26 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mr. Twister
man i know guy's are charhing $125 for a crank, whats a pipe going to run, what will the coating to as far as performance, i have my NR pipes done and they seem no different that uncoated, but it's not ceramic, will it affect resonant freq.
well I'm guessing it's not going to change much, but i'll know for sure on Sunday. I also plan on going down to Ed's sometime over the next few days, and we'll test. I plan on offering a HC anodized too.
I'm going to try, and keep the pricing affordable, because most of the pipes we all want coated are the more expensive ones to begin with.
Old 03-13-2009, 11:29 AM
Tech Master

well I'm guessing it's not going to change much, but i'll know for sure on Sunday. I also plan on going down to Ed's sometime over the next few days, and we'll test. I plan on offering a HC anodized too.
I'm going to try, and keep the pricing affordable, because most of the pipes we all want coated are the more expensive ones to begin with.
sent you a pm
Old 03-13-2009, 11:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I can post a pic later to show as an example...but if you're looking for "durability/quality of finish over time" the ceramic header coating is not what you're after. We originally had the headers on our sprintcar done with the chrome-like ceramic coating and after about a month of racing they basically looked "flat/matte" silver.

One advantage to ceramic coating, i suppose, is that you CAN polish it right back out with a polishing compound and a LOT of elbow grease... but if thats the case...why not jsut use a factory polished pipe?

We're running a satin-black cermic coating now on our headers... it doesnt look as fancy but it sure does a better job.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.