Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
Murnan Modified Motors Offroad >

Murnan Modified Motors Offroad

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Murnan Modified Motors Offroad

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 07:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rawdawgga
i just picked up a murnan p5 what plug do u run will p3 be ok
No, I was told the OS plugs have a different taper. Stick with a Novarossi or Werks plug, 5 or 6 heat range.
Grinder, please correct me if I'm wrong...
Old 05-06-2012, 09:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by t4ftracer
No, I was told the OS plugs have a different taper. Stick with a Novarossi or Werks plug, 5 or 6 heat range.
Grinder, please correct me if I'm wrong...
Yes. I would go for the novarossi c6tgc plug. If its super hot, and dry this summer you can use the novarossi c7tgc.
Old 05-06-2012, 09:22 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Grinder
Yes. I would go for the novarossi c6tgc plug. If its super hot, and dry this summer you can use the novarossi c7tgc.
i know the the nova plug is the best for the engine but can i get away with a odonnell 97t or werks they are a lot cheaper kinda on a budget and trying to get ready for the ams thx
Old 05-07-2012, 04:43 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rawdawgga
i know the the nova plug is the best for the engine but can i get away with a odonnell 97t or werks they are a lot cheaper kinda on a budget and trying to get ready for the ams thx
Go for the werks 6, or 7 over the odonnell.
Old 05-13-2012, 07:17 PM
Tech Elite

Another weekend with our MMM Novarossi's marks another 2 wins!

We attended a club race at LCRC raceway this weekend.
LCRC is the host of the 1/8 Fuel off road nationals this year, so most of the areas fastest drivers were here to get some track time as well.
Track layout and conditions were the same as the Nats warmup event held two weeks prior. And also similar was how our engines performed.
Once again they provided extreme, yet controllable power and runtime that seemed better than most if not all of our competitors.
The quality and reliability of Murnan's work I truly believe is second to none.

Gunnar was tq for truggy and started second on the grid for buggy.
He won both classes by over a lap on the field in the 20 minute A mains, pitting twice in truggy for safety, but only one pit stop for the buggy.
Old 05-15-2012, 12:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (99%+)
Default Thanks Murnan!!!

Old 05-16-2012, 06:06 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BMenard17

Nice.
Old 05-22-2012, 04:08 AM
Tech Master

Default Congratulations Team Murnan

Congratulations to Cole Ogden, and Ryan Lopez. Team Murnan Modified Motors won both Pro Truggy, and Pro Buggy at the GCS Round 4 at HCRCR.

Cole Ogdan put on a show during qualifying, and the main by setting fast lap of the event. His modified Bonito was absolutely screaming. Way to go!

Ryan Lopez was TQ, and took the win in the Pro Buggy A main. He set fast lap of the event in buggy with his Murnan Modified BTT.

Both drivers were able to pit well past the 10 minute mark, with no flameouts.

Nice driving guys!

Thanks to all the drivers running Murnan Modified Engines at the last GCS Race at HCRCR. It was fun to watch.
Old 05-24-2012, 08:12 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Grinder
Congratulations to Cole Ogden, and Ryan Lopez. Team Murnan Modified Motors won both Pro Truggy, and Pro Buggy at the GCS Round 4 at HCRCR.

Cole Ogdan put on a show during qualifying, and the main by setting fast lap of the event. His modified Bonito was absolutely screaming. Way to go!

Ryan Lopez was TQ, and took the win in the Pro Buggy A main. He set fast lap of the event in buggy with his Murnan Modified BTT.

Both drivers were able to pit well past the 10 minute mark, with no flameouts.

Nice driving guys!

Thanks to all the drivers running Murnan Modified Engines at the last GCS Race at HCRCR. It was fun to watch.

Thanks a lot Uriah! If it wasn't for you I would not have such fast and reliable motors! The bonito is probably the fastest motor I've ran and performs flawlessly! I get great fuel mileage while maintaining constant power! I love the MMM Bonito! Looking forward to many more top finishes with your motors!
Old 05-25-2012, 01:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Engine arrived today. Thanks for going the extra mile Uriah, make's the purchase even better
Old 05-26-2012, 07:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (99%+)

WOW!!! I will report back later with results on my MMM Bonito!!

The Bonito was great, super smooth response, TONS of usable power even for a sportsman driver like myself.

Last edited by BMenard17; 05-27-2012 at 06:54 PM.
Old 05-27-2012, 08:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 78 (100%+)

Just wanted to give a thanks to Uriah for taking care of my front bearing in my Bonito. The bearing went bad no fault of Uriah's. He took it home from the track replaced the bearing and put it on the dyno to make sure the problem was fixed. Just got it back and can't wait to run it!

If your looking for a killer motor with great customer service Murnan Modified's are the way to go.

Thanks again, Nick
Old 05-28-2012, 11:25 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by nwjones76
Just wanted to give a thanks to Uriah for taking care of my front bearing in my Bonito. The bearing went bad no fault of Uriah's. He took it home from the track replaced the bearing and put it on the dyno to make sure the problem was fixed. Just got it back and can't wait to run it!

If your looking for a killer motor with great customer service Murnan Modified's are the way to go.

Thanks again, Nick
Wait until you try the new header this weekend.
Old 05-28-2012, 09:47 PM
Tech Elite

Another weekend of reliable performance from our Murnan Modified Novas.
Not only were the northeast's fastest drivers at this years "The Big One" event held Memorial day weekend at LCRC Raceway in Pennsylvania, but factory drivers Ryan Maifield and Billy Easton also attended for some track time prior to the Roar Nats coming up in four weeks.
Once again the reliability and fantastic runtime of our engines helped us to a third place finish behind Ryan and Billy in the premier buggy class, utilizing a MMM Novarossi Plus 4-BTT.
Truck class netted a fourth place showing, powered by the MMM Novarossi Bonito.

Prior to this event, I sent these engines in just to be gone through and freshened up if necessary. When I got them back and put them in the settings were already within an hour of where they needed to be for us.
Murnan's Motors are by far the most user friendly and stress free I've ever experienced.
Sooo happy we chose Murman for our mods this year.

Try one out. Seriously... see for yourself. You'll be glad you did!
Attached Thumbnails Murnan Modified Motors Offroad-lcrc5.jpg   Murnan Modified Motors Offroad-lcrc6.jpg   Murnan Modified Motors Offroad-lcrc4.jpg   Murnan Modified Motors Offroad-lcrc.jpg  
Old 05-29-2012, 09:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BMenard17
WOW!!! I will report back later with results on my MMM Bonito!!

The Bonito was great, super smooth response, TONS of usable power even for a sportsman driver like myself.
Racers Tip: Turn the throttle epa down on your radio so the carb opens just past 3/4. The Bonito has so much power that this will make it even easier to drive, wont effect the bottom end response and best yet will gain you runtime for less pitstops which can pay big dividends in longer mains....
We go no less than 10 minutes on a tank with our Bonito in the Pro Truggy class!
Good Luck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.