R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Offroad Nitro Engine Forum (https://www.rctech.net/forum/offroad-nitro-engine-forum-157/)
-   -   Murnan Modified Motors Offroad (https://www.rctech.net/forum/offroad-nitro-engine-forum/278114-murnan-modified-motors-offroad.html)

Black 02-23-2009 09:40 PM

Murnan Modified Motors Offroad

Engine guru Uriah Murnan is venturing into the offroad world with some sick modded motors. Murnan is a world-class on road motor modder based out of Atlanta Georgia that is now offering his services to us.

Some of the recent motors that we have been testing as well as racing this past year include the RB C6/C6 L2g, OS Vspec, Picco Evo 3, and the new Novarossi +4. All of these motors have STUPID power and INSANE runtime.
Here are some of the stats that we are getting from the motors;
RB C6/C6 L2g= 13:30+ in truggy on large and small tracks alike.
Vspec= radical power and 10+ mins everywhere
Picco= great smooth power rightat 10min a tank
Novarossi +4= AWESOME power with the consistent 10+ a tank. Motor has more power through the entire band with the same run time as before.

Also to note, Murnan is the man that designed the mod for the new .12 Nova 353 onroad motor that Nova is releasing. The man has made skills. Feel free to ask questions and either I will answer them or he (Grinder) will. Thanks
Marcus Black

Check out his website @ www.murnanmodified.com

Allumina 02-23-2009 10:09 PM

Does he plan on doing a modded Toro Nero when they come out? i'll take 2 :)

Black 02-23-2009 10:18 PM

I am absolutely positive he will when he gets them, which should be SOON! Shoot him a pm and he will let you know whats what. his rctech handle is grinder.

Grinder 02-24-2009 03:46 AM

Originally Posted by Allumina (Post 5472418)
Does he plan on doing a modded Toro Nero when they come out? i'll take 2 :)

I have the Toro Nero T on order. After I get them expect the modified version within a couple of weeks.:nod:

Allumina 02-24-2009 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by Grinder (Post 5473065)
I have the Toro Nero T on order. After I get them expect the modified version within a couple of weeks.:nod:

Put me on a list for sure, I definately expect to order two. Will you have any ideas what pipes will be the hot setup for buggy and truggy? thanks again!

seayya 02-24-2009 11:24 AM

Another one for runtime.....

JX21 (O.S.) w/Ninja pipe on my SH Z-Car 13.03 on a tank. Legal CC's. 221 at the end of the tank! Smooth but insane power.

Uriah Murnan is the IS THE MAN!!!!!!:nod::nod::nod::nod::nod:

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u.../mmm_m353r.jpg

smracer31 02-24-2009 11:58 AM

I think i found my new engine, i had one of his Novarossi's in my 1/8th on-road a few years back and it was sick, great power band and decent fuel mileage.

seayya 02-24-2009 01:05 PM

Here is the information taken from his website telling you about this particular on-road engine......

Murnan Modified Motors in conjunction with Novarossi introduce the ultimate .12 on road racing engine. The M353R Modified. This engine is based on the Novarossi 353, but has undergone the Murnan treatment. The engine internals have been hand selected to ensure the best tolerances, and then modified to Murnan Modified Motors specifications. The engine head has been etched with special marking to denote this special edition engine. The engine includes a rear ceramic bearing. This engine is intended for serious racing applications. Thought has gone into making the most powerful engine possible, while still making more than 5 minutes of runtime.

burnettk 02-24-2009 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by seayya (Post 5474584)
Another one for runtime.....

JX21 (O.S.) w/Ninja pipe on my SH Z-Car 13.03 on a tank. Legal CC's. 221 at the end of the tank! Smooth but insane power.

Uriah Murnan is the IS THE MAN!!!!!!:nod::nod::nod::nod::nod:

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u.../mmm_m353r.jpg

did the modding smooth the power band out any?

GMartinez 02-24-2009 02:10 PM

Capricorn Q5 TE on sale

Was just informed $50 discount has been applied for the Capricorn Q5 TE
Sirio base motor of the Kanai Evo4 check it out www.murnanmodified.com

Black 02-24-2009 04:29 PM

Oh I forgot about the Capricorn motor. Good strong motor and smoooooth powerband.

GMartinez 02-24-2009 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by Black (Post 5475753)
Oh I forgot about the Capricorn motor. Good strong motor and smoooooth powerband.

:nod::nod::nod: you forgot very fast motor lol

seayya 02-24-2009 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by burnettk (Post 5475049)
did the modding smooth the power band out any?

Considering that I have never had a stock one to compare to I can not give an HONEST answer, BUT I have been around a couple that were stock running the same pipe. They seem to have a REAL strong bottom with great topend. Almost to the point of being alot for a buggy on the bottom if not to much if you have a heavy trigger finger. I can say mine is REAL smooth from the bottom end to the screaming top end. It is very controllable (not an off and on engine). You can contact Uriah and he will modify the engine to what you want (fuel mod, strong bottom, strong top, smooth all around, etc.).

Keith Seay

Black 02-24-2009 11:11 PM

I have driven Seayya's Murnan Modded JX21 as well as a stock JX21 and the MMJX21 is soooo sweet. Its super smooth which allowed me to pick up the throttle a little earlier in the corners without having to worry about the car getting out from under me.

Black 02-26-2009 09:56 PM

Hey guys everyone should take a gander at the specials being run on Murnan's website.

Modded +21-5KT for less than $300
Modded C6BBTL2g for less than $450