R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Offroad Nitro Engine Forum (https://www.rctech.net/forum/offroad-nitro-engine-forum-157/)
-   -   Murnan Modified Motors Offroad (https://www.rctech.net/forum/offroad-nitro-engine-forum/278114-murnan-modified-motors-offroad.html)

29TC 03-16-2009 04:14 AM

Grinder,

I recently bought the capricorn off-road engine from you. I sent 2 emails but never got a reply. Anyways, the engine did not come with any instructions. So all i need is the factory needle setting for the engine.

Thanks.

Grinder 03-16-2009 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by 29TC (Post 5556353)
Grinder,

I recently bought the capricorn off-road engine from you. I sent 2 emails but never got a reply. Anyways, the engine did not come with any instructions. So all i need is the factory needle setting for the engine.

Thanks.

The low speed needle should be 6 turns out, and the top needle should be about 5.5 - 6 turns out from the factory. This makes both needles about flush with their housings. ;)

Grinder 03-16-2009 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by bluer322 (Post 5554493)
what kind mods are done to the +4 what type of bearings ceramic or no

The type of modifications done to the MM+4 are done to add power, but at the least expense of fuel consumption. I have increased the power as much as possible while still running at least 11 minutes in buggy in all conditions. The MM+4 does not have ceramic bearings, although they are an option. The engine is more powerful than stock with almost as good of fuel mileage as the stock engine. I think any more power in a buggy will just hurt laptimes with excessive wheelspin.;)

Joey Powell 03-16-2009 02:00 PM

Marcus-Things are good. The racing scene up here in Charlotte is crazy. I actually have to choose what races to run because there are too many too attend. I could feasibly race 4 times a week up here with the East coast nitro series, NC state series, The Farm, Carolinas, Nitro Valley, and Overcash all less than an hour from the house. I don't know whether to sh!t or wind my wrist watch! I love it. I can't wait for the Battle. You gonna let my squeeze on that Plus 4 when you get there?

imaxx21 03-16-2009 02:10 PM

4 times?

why so little? :lol:

Joey Powell 03-16-2009 10:13 PM

:rolleyes: Bigtimers...

toofast55 03-17-2009 12:43 PM

grinder are you coming to dalton this sunday?if so can you do any mods to a speed to increase run time i like the smooth power but not to happy with run times im getting.
brian harris

Grinder 03-18-2009 03:29 AM

Originally Posted by toofast55 (Post 5562786)
grinder are you coming to dalton this sunday?if so can you do any mods to a speed to increase run time i like the smooth power but not to happy with run times im getting.
brian harris

Hi. Yes, I will be in Dalton Sunday morning for the race. I can give that engine better fuel mileage. See you Sunday. I will probably be at the track Friday, or Saturday to practice, and test things too. :nod:

Black 03-18-2009 04:33 AM

JP- Hey man glad to hear all is well up there. I'm sure we can switch rides for a bit as I want to drive your H9. But most likely after I win the A. Hope you are sharpening up those 8th scale skills for next weekend.

Crash- Just in case you forgot I hate you! lol

toofast55 03-21-2009 07:36 PM

all i can say is wow Uriah let me run his plus-4 yesterday ultra smooooth power and more then enough power to over shoot every jump.came off the track running 170deg so much more if you wanted i was not in any want trust me.im on the list to get one of these super motors.Uriah is an awesome person also.

seayya 03-21-2009 08:19 PM

Uriah is an awesome person, always willing to help someone out even if they did not buy one of his engines. It just goes to show the kind of service he provides and the kind of person he his.

Ran at our local track (LA Thunder and Hobbies) today getting ready for the Battle at the Beach in Ft. Walton Beach, FL next weekend. I ran my Murnan Modified JX 21 with my brand new Z-Car, and I TQ'ed and won! No problems with the motor or the car.

URIAH, YOU THE MAN and I will seayya next weekend!!!!!

gotspeed_2000 03-21-2009 08:36 PM

Just wondering if the either the modified Vspec or JX come with ceramic bearings? Thanks

Black 03-31-2009 11:42 AM

I am pretty sure they do not, however, I am sure you could talk to Uriah and get a set put in for you.

Novarossi 21+4 update. This motor is STUPID! I have a little over 2 gallons through mine and its a monster. I am running the 5.5restrictor and the trinity big boy pipe and this combo makes crazy yet driveable power and amazing runtime. Definitely worth taking a look at.

murdermode 03-31-2009 11:59 AM

hey not to sound like an idiot, but what is a modified motor?

Black 03-31-2009 02:33 PM

No worries my friend. The only dumb questions are the ones not asked.

Basically, Murnan will take the motor and ask what additional characteristics you would like added to the motor. For instance on the 21+4 I wanted more power and if possible more fuel mileage. So from that point on, Murnan cut, ported, or whatever he does to motors to give me more power than stock and additional runtime. So more or less, just little additions to make the motor perform better.