Like Tree2Likes

RB Concept Engine Thread..

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 05:09 PM
JUD
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aaron joy
I found the piston that let go in my beloved C6BBT7. The engine was bought used with ceramic bearings on Ebay for $150, engine ran great for over a season. I don't run me engines lean, it just let go on a small straight without warning. Im not complaining It was one of my best engines, I miss her.
I think the rod is still good!!

Awww!! You need a tissue????
Old 12-07-2009, 05:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Jud, I thought we were friends??
Old 12-07-2009, 05:42 PM
JUD
Tech Master

Jud, I thought we were friends??
Just pulling your leg!!
Old 12-07-2009, 05:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 235 (100%+)
Thumbs up rb s7

Originally Posted by RBMike
RB did loose their US rep recently and are getting the situation fixed. If you want an RB try this guy, he always can get me any RB stuff I need.

http://www.acehardwarehobbies.com/

I've been using RB for years & every time I try something else, I'm disapointed & go back to RB. If your track is small the S5 is my favorite. For big tracks both the WS7III & the C6 are great. I like the C6 with a 2045 pipe the best on big tracks. If your on a budget & have a medium to large track I recomend the regular S7. For me If you told me I could only buy 1 motor & had to run it on every track I would pick the regular S7. These motors last a long time if you take care of them & keep them tunned properly. They are easy to tune (especially the S motors). Please, if you get an RB, run a good pipe on it. Pipes make all the difference on performance. For me, I like the 2045 pipe for racing with the C6. Great power & fantastic fuel economy. For track bashing & practice I like the 2020 pipe but it has worse fuel economy.

I'm not an employee or affiliated with RB Concepts in any way.
whats a good pipe to run on a s7 med track in a losi 8ight 2.0
Old 12-07-2009, 06:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teamlosi906
whats a good pipe to run on a s7 med track in a losi 8ight 2.0
Rb 2045/192 should do the trick

Also
Originally Posted by RBMike View Post
RB did loose their US rep recently and are getting the situation fixed. If you want an RB try this guy, he always can get me any RB stuff I need.

RB has had a new USA rep for over a year and they are in full swing.
Old 12-07-2009, 07:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Or a longer 198mm header to bring in a little more bottom end. A Dynamite 086 (top end) or 053(mid-range) are great pipes to, half the price of the 2045/19....
Old 12-08-2009, 05:36 AM
Tech Master

The WS9 is always going to struggle a little bit in truggy. This engine was designed as a buggy racing engine in a way that the bottom end would be very smooth and controllable in a buggy, not to mention it was designed for Euro tracks where high corner speed is a lot more common and 180 degree turns right in front of jumps are rare. The way it delivers power leads most people to think it has no bottom end. There are several ways you can make the engine feel a little more snappy. To start.. what is the gearing on the truck?? A nitro motor is no different than an electric motor, if you don't gear it proper it's going to seem to lack power and probably run hot. If you are at 48 on the spur try going up to 50. Also you want to make sure your clutch is more on the heavy side, with a WS9 you want that thing to spool up as much as possible prior to engaging the clutch. As for pipe/header you should be using the 198 header no matter what and the 2020 pipe will wake up that engine even more. The 2045 may also work well for you if you have the gearing and the clutch in the sweet spot.

More than anything the gearing is going to help you, I run the WS9 only in buggy but I race at high altitude where we loose about 20% of the overall power of these engines. In a Losi buggy that comes stock with 13/48 gearing I run 13/50. This gives me the great bottom end needed for big jumps with short run ups as well as plenty of top end on 180 foot straights. I have tried 12/48 gearing and that was a little too dramatic as it was full song less than half way down the straight.

[QUOTE=JonnyW;6689589]
Originally Posted by 8ight352
What pipe does your friend use to get the most BOTTOM END out of his "WS-9"? I also have mine in a truggy, but it seems that the "punch" isn't there.

I have a lot more punch more bottom-end & more control speed out of a low end 3-port engine, don't get me wrong, the WS-9 is a bad ass engine... and I love "RB" motors. Just a little stumped on tuning of this bottom-end.

It's not a fuel tune issue... I believe it's about finding the right pipe!

I've tried the, RB-2045, JP-2 & the AE-2035.

Any help would be awesome, Thanks, T.[/QUOTE
Maximo-aaronjoy are right you need to a different motor. I have a beast of a C6LG2 with MX ceramics that has all the bottom end you could ever need. I run a XB808 and it is just too much!!! The rear end was all over the place no matter how I tried to lay off the throttle. I need to sell or swap it for a buggy motor.
Old 12-08-2009, 10:02 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default New to the hobby! With RB's already found my engine.

I just got into the hobby! not racing yet but getting close. we built a track we are practicing on. I have a buggy and a truggy both with the older version of the S7! they both scream. both engine were bought used and i have gone thru 3 gal. of blue thunder 20%. without a problem. Iam running jp1 and jp2, and werks clutches. any Ideas would be appreciated or other engines I should try! reliable as the s7
Old 12-08-2009, 10:15 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by alex3012red
I just got into the hobby! not racing yet but getting close. we built a track we are practicing on. I have a buggy and a truggy both with the older version of the S7! they both scream. both engine were bought used and i have gone thru 3 gal. of blue thunder 20%. without a problem. Iam running jp1 and jp2, and werks clutches. any Ideas would be appreciated or other engines I should try! reliable as the s7
the ws7 one of RBs best ever engines IMO
Old 12-08-2009, 12:43 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by alex3012red
Like Shane said the WS9 is a great engine in a buggy!!! If you like how the S7 feels in your truggy the WS9 will work good for you in truck too. If you want more power than you know what to do with get the B9 or the C6USA. That C6USA is one heck of an engine and will get amazing fuel mileage.
Old 12-08-2009, 04:47 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

what about the s9? anyone
Old 12-08-2009, 07:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

S9 is the same as the old "S7" mentioned above.
Old 12-09-2009, 06:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

I found the piston that let go in my beloved C6BBT7. The engine was bought used with ceramic bearings on Ebay for $150, engine ran great for over a season. I don't run my engines lean, it just let go on a small straight without warning. Im not complaining It was one of my best engines, I miss her.
I think the rod is still good!!

That's the same thing mine did I e-mailed both addresses and no response its been 10 days so I will just wait. I have not taken the engine apart I want to send it in the way it blew up so I hope they do something.

Regards,
Ashton
Old 12-09-2009, 07:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Try to get in contact with them before you send it in. My buddy sent in two 523 revo engines because of cracked cases. They took care of him with two rebuilt engines with new cases. Try calling them, you should be able to get a hold of them since there are two guys working there now.
Old 12-13-2009, 04:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Correct head shims for S7/turbo?

Anyone know what the correct shimming would be. I am at .75 right now. I am wondering because I ran this weekend real hot even though I was blowing good smoke. I know RB run hotter than most but the high 200s were scaring me. But if I fattened it up it ran like a tird. The LSN seemed right. The air temps were low 40s. I ran Oddonnels 30% w/97t- 2045/198. Pulled the motor down-looked good. The usual browning from O fuel - just light carbon to exhaust port- plug looked good.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.