R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Offroad Nitro Engine Forum (https://www.rctech.net/forum/offroad-nitro-engine-forum-157/)
-   -   RB Concept Engine Thread.. (https://www.rctech.net/forum/offroad-nitro-engine-forum/251409-rb-concept-engine-thread.html)

r1harper 11-03-2008 03:37 AM

RB Concept Engine Thread..

I dont remember seeing one for these engines so here we go.....

mike williams 11-04-2008 04:42 AM

i have one of the s3 and love it. let's get this thread going!!

bjr48 11-04-2008 05:09 AM

Originally Posted by mike williams (Post 5013232)
i have one of the s3 and love it. let's get this thread going!!

+1 I'm interested in hearing more about RB. You don't hear much about them but I have had a few discussions with a couple of people here and I know I'm making a good choice going with an S5 next season. It would be nice to hear some more comments on RB and what to expect - pros and cons on them and tips for them:nod:

There was only one RB at our track last year - I think a C6BB. Of course that one is a monster. He could keep pace with the fastest 1/8 brushless easy. But the thing ran nice and cool and would sit and idle all day.

Race-Wright 11-04-2008 08:52 AM

A RB is the only motor I will run. I've tried other brands but never had any luck. The best RB I have is the S5. Very smooth and drivable. The C6 is more for big tracks with wide sweeps. The ws7II I owned lasted 2 years with weekly races on it.

RB may be up in the price range but the quality and performance can not be beat.

aaron joy 11-04-2008 09:14 AM

RB's are great engines. I have them in all three of my vehicles. My only gripe is that their customer service at RB USA is terrible.:flaming: They don't answer the phone and if you leave a message they don't call you back. I work at two hobbyshops and we had a better time getting products and answers when they had only one guy Mid-West importing the engines.

bjr48 11-04-2008 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by aaron joy (Post 5014095)
RB's are great engines. I have them in all three of my vehicles. My only gripe is that their customer service at RB USA is terrible.:flaming: They don't answer the phone and if you leave a message they don't call you back. I work at two hobbyshops and we had a better time getting products and answers when they had only one guy Mid-West importing the engines.

That's not good. I did see on RB's forums where someone complained they had trouble finding a place to buy an engine and complained about RB USA and at least RB responded that they are working on something short term. :weird: Maybe things will get better I hope.
I know two track guys that both work at hobby shops but I don't think that either of them normally carry RB or can really get them. When I buy my S5 next Spring I hope that I can get one through either guy locally but hopefully there will be a place on the internet to buy. I think there is right now but many places say they are not available right now. :weird:

free2day77 11-04-2008 09:56 AM

I love s3's and s5's. They last forever and are very reliable. I have tried other engines and had nothing but problems, RB's for me.

C Branch 11-04-2008 10:40 AM

Changes are being made and there will be a new distributor announced soon.

petevette 11-04-2008 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by aaron joy (Post 5014095)

How long ago was that? I recently had to send an engine to RB USA and the response and follow up was phenomenal. I did hear that in the past they had issues and I was quite afraid that I was going to have a similiar experience, but I was very impressed.

aaron joy 11-04-2008 11:37 AM

That was only about a month ago. We tried over and over again, I got the guy at RB-USA on the phone one time and he sent me to Great Planes to look for parts. I hope they get on the ball too or I may just have to keep buying used engines.:smile: I got a used 3 gallon C6BBT for $120 a month ago with ceramics installed and it is a monster in my truggy! One of the local Hobbyshops I work at has a new C6BBT and a C6BBT with pipe that I have my eyes on for next season.

petevette 11-04-2008 11:54 AM

Hmm, maybe my situation was a fluke then. I am with you, love their engines though.

RBMike 11-04-2008 12:37 PM

RB did loose their US rep recently and are getting the situation fixed. If you want an RB try this guy, he always can get me any RB stuff I need.

http://www.acehardwarehobbies.com/

I've been using RB for years & every time I try something else, I'm disapointed & go back to RB. If your track is small the S5 is my favorite. For big tracks both the WS7III & the C6 are great. I like the C6 with a 2045 pipe the best on big tracks. If your on a budget & have a medium to large track I recomend the regular S7. For me If you told me I could only buy 1 motor & had to run it on every track I would pick the regular S7. These motors last a long time if you take care of them & keep them tunned properly. They are easy to tune (especially the S motors). Please, if you get an RB, run a good pipe on it. Pipes make all the difference on performance. For me, I like the 2045 pipe for racing with the C6. Great power & fantastic fuel economy. For track bashing & practice I like the 2020 pipe but it has worse fuel economy.

I'm not an employee or affiliated with RB Concepts in any way.

r1harper 11-04-2008 01:11 PM

are they back in busines..if so who is running it. Kevin?

r1harper 11-04-2008 01:11 PM

i am about to get another RB WS7III, i love that engine.

epfalzer 11-04-2008 04:32 PM

What pipe for the WS7III is best and I dont mind spending $100+ as long as it is tried and true?

Thanks!