Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Go-Tech Engines Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2010, 03:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

ANY of you guys are welcome to come out here any time!....im sure we could find a place for you to crash!......i got 1 extra room
Old 11-05-2010, 05:26 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default new go

Originally Posted by inferno13
i just bought GEN 5.5 GX5R'S! there better not be a new one coming out! i will be returning the ones i should get in mail anytime!
it will not be avalible to the public yet, till its been tested.
but you may see or hear talk ,and its not a rumor, it may not be out for factory divers till after the new year.
Old 11-05-2010, 05:29 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)

Originally Posted by leapinglizard
it will not be avalible to the public yet, till its been tested.
but you may see or hear talk ,and its not a rumor, it may not be out for factory divers till after the new year.
i was just kidding anyway, why would i return a awsome motor.
Old 11-05-2010, 08:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by inferno13
i was just kidding anyway, why would i return a awsome motor.
How is the 5 port in a buggy? I haven't run one yet and just got my gx5r fully assembled 2 days ago, but i'm thinking its probably better off in a truggy. I see you run one in each of your rigs, so i figured i'd ask

On a side note it sounds like you got your tuning issues figured out, may i ask what the problem was? Just curious. I've fiddled around with the tuning on mine the whole summer and really have a good feeling for them now. I'll admit they are tricky at first, but well worth the effort if you ask me.
Old 11-05-2010, 08:13 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)

Originally Posted by jwm2
How is the 5 port in a buggy? I haven't run one yet and just got my gx5r fully assembled 2 days ago, but i'm thinking its probably better off in a truggy. I see you run one in each of your rigs, so i figured i'd ask
lets just say "finger control". i also put heavier oil in diffs to calm it down alittle, but the power is there to clear anything!
Old 11-05-2010, 08:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jwm2

On a side note it sounds like you got your tuning issues figured out, may i ask what the problem was? Just curious. I've fiddled around with the tuning on mine the whole summer and really have a good feeling for them now. I'll admit they are tricky at first, but well worth the effort if you ask me.
I ran the GX5R in my RC8B the last half of the offroad season here. Plenty of power when you need it and so far has been very dependable. Haven't had a flameout yet.

Last edited by tmaxx26power; 11-05-2010 at 08:42 PM.
Old 11-05-2010, 08:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tmaxx26power
I ran the GX5R in my RC8B the last half of the offroad season here. Penty of power when you need it and so far has been very dependable. Haven't had a flameout yet.

Cool thanks for the info. I might give it a go and see what happens. My 7 port only has about 2 gallons on it, so it'll be awhile before its really needed.
Old 11-05-2010, 08:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Awesome guys! Hey... if you want the 5R to be more linear and a bit less punchy, try the long LSN. You'll also get a boost in mileage.
Old 11-05-2010, 09:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I run GX5R in my 8ight buggy and it fits my driving style perfectly. i love insane snap. like i said, the motor runs like a crazed methaddict in my buggy
Old 11-05-2010, 11:50 PM
Tech Elite

I personally think out of the 5 and 7 in a buggy the 7 Port rules.
If you have a really grippy track the 5 is great, but most tracks tend to go away a little over a race day or weekend. The 7 has oodles of bottom for a buggy, and the mid and top is just magic.
Most guys run the 5's in truggy here, because our tracks are not really top notch, and the 5 is just too much in most cases in a buggy. The only time I tend run a 5 in the buggy is in the heart of our winter, when our tracks are muddy and you can pick up like half a kilo of mud in a heat. The extra bottom of the 5 is great under these conditions.
With the right clutch set up and a smooth trigger finger the 5 is a lot of fun though
Anyone would be pleased with either motor - and don't forget the much overlooked 3R. This motor is a little sleeper. Super smooth yet quite punchy down low, and it yields the best economy of the 3 motors for sure. 10 min in buggy is no sweat with the 3 Port.

Then you have the MG66X which is another story all by itself.
Old 11-05-2010, 11:55 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by grizz1
I personally think out of the 5 and 7 in a buggy the 7 Port rules.
If you have a really grippy track the 5 is great, but most tracks tend to go away a little over a race day or weekend. The 7 has oodles of bottom for a buggy, and the mid and top is just magic.
Most guys run the 5's in truggy here, because our tracks are not really top notch, and the 5 is just too much in most cases in a buggy.
With the right clutch set up and a smooth trigger finger the 5 is a lot of fun though
Anyone would be pleased with either motor - and don't forget the much overlooked 3R. This motor is a little sleeper. Super smooth yet quite punchy down low, and it yields the best economy of the 3 motors for sure. 10 min in buggy is no sweat with the 3 Port.

Then you have the MG66X which is another story all by itself.
WE HAVE 5PORTS IN 2 TRUGGIES AND 1 BUGGY OUT HERE AND THEY STRAIGHT UP RIP!....i want to get a 3port in a truggy and a 7port in a buggy and DOMINATE CALIFORNIA....
Old 11-05-2010, 11:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tmaxx26power
I ran the GX5R in my RC8B the last half of the offroad season here. Plenty of power when you need it and so far has been very dependable. Haven't had a flameout yet.

That's something our racers have found here - very few if any flameouts compared to other higher end motors that just seem to be more temperamental over all.
I can't remember the last time I flamed out in a heat or final because of my motor - as opposed to catching the flywheel on a rope or stone or something and stalling out.
Old 11-06-2010, 12:03 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by grizz1
That's something our racers have found here - very few if any flameouts compared to other higher end motors that just seem to be more temperamental over all.
I can't remember the last time I flamed out in a heat or final because of my motor - as opposed to catching the flywheel on a rope or stone or something and stalling out.
NEVER ONCE THEY ARE BROKEN IN!
Old 11-06-2010, 12:06 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by deadmancourt
WE HAVE 5PORTS IN 2 TRUGGIES AND 1 BUGGY OUT HERE AND THEY STRAIGHT UP RIP!....i want to get a 3port in a truggy and a 7port in a buggy and DOMINATE CALIFORNIA....
I wouldn't recommend the 3 Port in a truggy, as it's too smooth. You need the brutal low end power of the 5 Port for the truggy.
The 3 has good bottom end, but nothing like the stump pulling power of the 5.
Couple of guys have run the 3 in truggy here, but it's not quite enough we found.
7 Port in the buggy you will love. All the guys running the 7R in their buggies here are kicking serious butt. Nothing I have seen, with the exception of the MG66 (stock motor anyway) will peg the 7R down the straight. They just pull hard forever
Old 11-06-2010, 01:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Flanno
Oh, stop teasing me guys.

I just woke up to go racing and you guessed it, its raining again

Today and tomorows event was suposed to be a reschedule, was rained out last time and rescheduled, now raining again.

We need indoor tracks ASAP, but thats never going to happen
OK, update.

The sun came out today, it was a late start of racing after a lot of track work.
We managed to get in 5 rounds of qualifying of 6 min heats.
MG66X was a whole new animal not having her tamed down for 10min runs but open up her full potential for 6 min runs.

TQ round 1 9laps 6m01sec with a 0.55dev
5th in round 2, still hold TQ thou as its rocket round and no one beat my best time.
TQ in round 3 10laps 6m32sec (only truggy to crack into 10 lapper time with a 0.46dev)
Still TQ round 4, thou I sat this one out to work on truggy.
round 5 sat out still and somone beat my TQ time with a 10 lap 6m29sec.

round 6 tomorow then the finals.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.