Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PR Racing D6 PRO

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2019, 05:27 PM
Tech Initiate

Default PR Racing D6 PRO

Does anyone know anything about this motor? It has been discontinued for some time. I got my hands on a brand new one, broke it in for a buddy of mine and I'm having issues tuning it. Symptoms are A LOT of smoke no matter how lean I tune it and it takes forever to spin up. I know first things point to running rich, but I've leaned it out to the point that it begins to starve for fuel. Changed the plug and it seemed better for a little while. But then went back to worse on the next startup.

Any help with factory settings or previous experience is greatly appreciated. I'm not new to tuning nitro motors. I currently run a FP-01 and a V-Spec VZB on my buggy/truggy. They are both phenomenal in comparison.

I do have another V-Spec motor that is dead. Maybe rob the carb off it and try it on the D6 PRO?

TIA
Old 04-20-2019, 11:53 PM
Suspended

i had the blue head one.. from what i remember they were go engines, about same era as the gx range.
Probably the worst engine ive had, had 2 carb slides bind up on me, never ever had that happen before except for those carbs.

alpha carbs fit, which means some nova and and some o.s should fit.
Old 04-20-2019, 11:57 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by UHDhog
Any help with factory settings or previous experience is greatly appreciated. I'm not new to tuning nitro motors. I currently run a FP-01 and a V-Spec VZB on my buggy/truggy. They are both phenomenal in comparison.

TIA
If you have experience with tuning motors then the factory settings is useless. Fire it up and tune to what the engine is telling you.

But looking at the design it looks STS made to me.
Old 04-21-2019, 04:38 AM
Tech Initiate

Ended up running some FP fuel in it instead of the off brand stuff he bought. Tuned up nicely after that. I suppose the off brand stuff had too much oil mixed in. However, I broke in his brother's Dynamite motor with that fuel the day before and didnt have any issues tuning it. I suppose the D6 is picky.

Thanks again for the input.