Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Northwest Championship Tour,

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 06:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Well, at some point, the series is going to have to realize it can't please every track, especially ones that may not be around next year.

I'd rather be in a strong position than a weak one....

I must ask though, why are we downgrading the series to help promote the Pro Series, which really....has done nothing for most of the area tracks....and in the end is a competing series....

I understand working together, but I don't see why things need to change so dramatically in one year.

Later EddieO
Old 08-09-2006, 06:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (96%+)

Leave it the way it is. 6 Races is perfect and half the fun is traveling.

I mentioned rotating some tracks around to get racers to other tracks not change the whole format. A huge change is just gonna confuse people...

6 races, 4 throw outs - really no different than last Year, still have to attend 4 to be competitive for points, only difference is you get a bonus by having the 6th which is at an Indoor track so we can juggle the Schedule better for 07'.

Remember the Schedule is the way it is becouse I took it over with barely any time to get this done but we still have the Series and the race and really awseome sponsors backing the NCT, not to mention a first time the NCT has EVER had a Title Sponsor, and the NCT will be cash + going into 2007, so something must be going right eh?
Old 08-09-2006, 06:36 PM
Tech Regular

Just my situation, but having to travel between 5-8 hours late Sunday night to get home in time for work Monday is a real bummer. The alternative is another night's stay in a hotel at $50-$100. I like the idea of being able to compete for points and only having to do a long trip a couple of times. Much easier on the wallet. Cost and time are the major factors in my attending a race or not. That extra day costs me the hotel room as well as lost wages, food costs etc.

I realize this is not a vote, but it would be nice not to have to do so many hotel stays to compete for points.
Old 08-09-2006, 06:39 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by EddieO

I must ask though, why are we downgrading the series to help promote the Pro Series, which really....has done nothing for most of the area tracks....and in the end is a competing series....

Later EddieO

Eddie,

I'm glad you didn't take my post wrong!

I hear ya on the RC PRO Series.

I don't consider it an NCT downgrade for the RC PRO Series, but an upgrade for shops like yours and all of the tracks that can't be apart of the NCT as is.

Mike
Old 08-09-2006, 08:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Again, I like the idea. It would give me an excuse to rally the troops and go to qualifiers at other new tracks in the area, like the new Tri-cities track. Less than 2 hours drive for a 1 day bigger-than-club-race event sounds really nice to me, not to mention their guys could come up to Spokompton for a qualifier.

As gas prices continue to rise, people will get tired of traveling across the state 6 times a year. This restructuring might be what the series needs to evolve, so it doesn't get left behind when we see $5.00/gallon or more in a couple years.

It sounds to me like it just might jump-start club racing next year.

Could there be other solutions? Yes, but so far, this one seems to make the most sense to me, mostly because it will allow the series to grow to be as big as the racers want it to be. I really like the concept of small regional series, within a larger regional series, and a grand finale to finish it all off.
Old 08-09-2006, 08:36 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)
Talking

holy crap this is getting deeeeeeeeeeeep and i think i need to get some hip waders on also i dont wish to express my views or opinions on rctech as i think it would create too much BS so only thing i got to say is that its too bad that dave does not have the time to do more with the NCT that we all know and love and i wish Les would be involved as part of it all instead of avoiding it all and getting too much politics involved in the whole thing and by the way im pretty impressed with the way the NCT was and is being ran this year
later HOUSTON
Old 08-09-2006, 09:47 PM
Tech Champion

I can make the time... I have alot to offer the NCT and saved the NCT a ton of money

Website - Donated and maintained by me
Webspace - Donated
Domain Name - got for the 1.99 deal
Trophies - discounted through my trophy business - the trophies were doing would retail for about 4k+
Decals - done by a team driver of mine - basically nothing

There is more but thats all I can think of for now, and most is becouse of just owning a business and knowing alot of people.

Not to mention I can write code in Excell and HTML code so no web guy is needed to maintain anything...

It gets old getting more complaints than a thank you or good job, so sometimes it feels like a lose lose situation when all you get is feedback of things you do wrong or need to improve.
Old 08-09-2006, 10:52 PM
Tech Adept

Dave~ You are doing a wondeful job running the NCT. I want to personally thank you becasue without you stepping up and taking over as NCT Director there probably wouldn't be an NCT this year.
Old 08-10-2006, 03:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Dave, I have said it over and over again. You have done an outstanding job running the NWCT this year, and an exceptional job of breathing the life back into it.

Mike D, I can appreciate you stepping in a giving suggestions, but why now? Why step away from all that you created, and then come back on here 2 years later and call out Dave Gullickson? Not start a flame war? I think you fire the first flame with your post.

And, as said above...whats wrong with the NWCT right now? Eddie nailed it on the attendance thing, gas prices is a huge reason.

I wasnt going to say it on here, but it really needs to be said...AGAIN

Darren Shank needs to do the correct thing and relinquish his spot on the NWCT. Two years in a row now Walla Walla has stepped up. The first year technically Darren still ran the race, but Walla Walla club members did 100% of the prep and maintenance. This year, Darren makes a decision to give it up, then at the last possible minute says he didnt mean that and still wants to hold his spot. Then still doesnt have a place to hold the Columbia Cup and Walla Walla stepped up big time and put on a great event in his place. The Columbia Cup should be change to the Showdown at the X...permanently!

As for the original three tracks, if it is that critical that they remain, then they should have to earn the right to host an event, not just get it by default.

Darren and Mike, this is in no way personal against either of you. I call it like I see it.
Old 08-10-2006, 07:47 AM
Tech Champion

Wasnt asking people for a thank you but thanks. I was saying the SD gets more complaints than just a quick thank you here and there. That was my point...

SD is a volunteer job along with say ROAR positions so sometimes a quick e-mail or a thank you at the track goes a long way.

I know you have told me many times Rod, same with Nuespeed and the Jammin team and I appreciate it...

Beleive it or not the Internet/RCTECH can be a nightmare to try and explain things cause people read to much into it and it starts a pissing match.

Rod - last Year Darren used the Walla Walla track and ran the whole race himself, this Year he lost his track and we came to an agreement to let Walla Walla Host the event without him losing Hosting rights, seems weird but this was a huge stepping stone for Walla Walla to prove something and infact they did, when we had the meeting at the beginning of the Year it hurt them that they never put on a big race by themselves and therefor Peel It got voted in (nothing against Peel It just explaining).

So I am sure Eric and Bryan will agree, even though they are not a Host they have made a huge step in what and should be done at an NCT event and I, they, and all the racers know if a vote happens again they will get voted in and thats why they agreed to do it this way to prove they can do it - awesome job Xtreme RC Club!!!!!!
Old 08-10-2006, 08:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default EARN THE RITE?????????????????????

RACING IS FUN......
Thanks Marc
Old 08-10-2006, 08:10 AM
Tech Champion

Darren had a couple unfortunate Years, lets not punish the guy.. He rented Walla Walla last Year to run his race, let them run it this Year.

He will not be booted and its up to the existing host tracks anyways. All the Hosts have great knowledge and input and can only make this Series stronger, infact lets drop the rotation thing, it will stay like it is - 6 rounds. All Hosts will stay the same for 07', and if anyone is removed is the current hosts decision to vote someone out/in not mine.
Old 08-10-2006, 10:04 AM
Tech Apprentice

Just a suggestion: Keep the current NCT track rotation and number of races! Then have one additional race at the end of the year that is double points "NCT final or championship race" This race will rotate each year to a new non existing NCT host track. This will allow new tracks every year. Now to prevent any problems at this race because the track hosting is new, there will need to be a voted RD that will travel to the race to ensure the program is ran correctly and the NCT rules are followed.

Just my .02

Ryan L. McCrery
Old 08-10-2006, 10:12 AM
Tech Apprentice

One more thing in order to even qualify for the NCT you must attend a Local NCT sactioned club race. This will give your local area one REALLY big club race for sure, that is better than having no big club race..

Ryan L. McCrery
Old 08-10-2006, 10:13 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RD Racing
Mike D, I can appreciate you stepping in a giving suggestions, but why now? Why step away from all that you created, and then come back on here 2 years later and call out Dave Gullickson? Not start a flame war? I think you fire the first flame with your post.

And, as said above...whats wrong with the NWCT right now? Eddie nailed it on the attendance thing, gas prices is a huge reason.

I wasnt going to say it on here, but it really needs to be said...AGAIN

As for the original three tracks, if it is that critical that they remain, then they should have to earn the right to host an event, not just get it by default.

Darren and Mike, this is in no way personal against either of you. I call it like I see it.

Roy, no offense taken and no offense to you with this reply.

But, to anwser your question; I stepped out of the NCT for '05 because I wanted the NCT to be successful and with my commitments to XRAY, Byrons, WERKS, HiTEC and Panther for '05 it wasn't going to happen. No other reason. I saw the writing on the wall that I was not going to be able to offer the NCT the marketing and organization it needs plus one, sometimes 2 national races a month for those companies. Good thing too as with the addition of unforseen personal BS that started as well....well....obvioulsy I couldn't finish the year and giving up my rides was the only thing to do as well.

Fortunately, this month, I'm finishing up some legal BS that was suppose to be done by the end of April, so maybe I'll have my time and life back. Which, frankly, will be like a vacation over what I've gone through over the last 2 years thank you.

I'm not calling out Dave Gullickson! As I told Dave in a PM, this isn't about him personally.

It's about the whole of off-road RC racing in the NW and the fact that....$3 a gallon gas or not, the NCT has taken away from club racing! It needs to give back to club racing, like it or not and that is the ONLY thing wrong with the NCT. The races are great; some better than others, but everyone is learning.

This would have come up if I, Les, Dave, Billy-Bob, Mr. Director Extraordinaire or anyone else were running the show.

If you truely don't believe me, call Scott at TRCR, or Tim at A-Main, or those in charge of the club tracks that have been around for more than 4 years and ask them if there has been a big decline in the last 2-3 years (mind you BEFORE gas prices blew-up).

In '02 I was told the series would never work. Obvioulsy, I was right and "they" were wrong. Now, I'm calling it like I'm seeing it down the road, not right in front of my nose.

Mike

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.