Wiki Posts
Search

Northwest Championship Tour,

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2005, 07:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Northwest Championship Tour,

Dave Gullickson

Would like to run the NCT, I talked to les at finals and he told me that he would gladly hand it off to someone that wanted to do it.

So, les, DP or Ian someone please contact Dave so he can get thing's rolling.

Thanks, Torry Hadley
Old 12-02-2005, 11:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I think it is an excellent idea that Dave run it. No disrespect to Les but I believe Dave may be able to focus more time to it. I know how busy Les gets or at least I've heard about it.
Old 12-03-2005, 05:02 PM
Tech Master

Ding,Ding,Ding we have a winner.

Thanks for stepping up Dave.
Old 12-03-2005, 09:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (96%+)

Les or Ian please let me know if you mind if I take over the Series for 06'. I dont wanna just barge in and step on any toes so if you have time please contact me at the info below

E-mail = [email protected]

phone = home 360-260-3728 or cell 360-518-0426

Sorry for the short e-mail. I will post more later as I need a week to clear my head of a Family member just passing away.

Anyone is welcome to e-mail me or call me to talk about the Series or say wassup but please give me a week to get my head back on straight.
Old 12-03-2005, 11:27 PM
Tech Champion

Thumbs up

My proposed Tracks for the Series and format:

Peel It
Date TBD
Marysville, WA

Spring Shootout
Date TBD
Wenatchee

Hank Perry
Date TBD
Spokane, WA

Columbia Cup
Date TBD
Richland, WA

Summer Rage
Date TBD
Canby, OR

TRCR
Date TBD (depending on when Scott holds this race)
Indoor Champs
Tacoma, WA

Best 5 out of 6.
No 1 race Championship - all races count towards points to decide Champion
Same point format as 2005.
Electric in the Morning, Gas to follow (Qualifying only)
Electric and Gas combined for Mains
More to come, send me any ideas you may have or post here.

Will also bring back the Apparal line of clothing and even Pit towels and this will be available to order online with a online shopping section for Coffee Mugs etc.

Different level of Sponsorship programs like Raffle (most common) paid sponsorship of NCT to list your company on shirts, etc. Banners hung, Sponsors announced for Recognition.

All money goes into the NCT to bring us better and bigger years.
Old 12-03-2005, 11:38 PM
Tech Adept

No Clarkston huh Dave?

Quite a shame, but nonetheless to be expected if an eastern boy runs the show..more shows in the east.

Here are my big questions...as a hobbyshop manager/racer I hear a lot of questions that people ask....

Are you going to run in conjuction/consideration of RC Pro scheldule?

Will Truggies be raced?

Will some electric classes be combined/eliminated?

How will event capacity be decided...via track or series?

Same Prices to race?

Thanx,

James Russell
Old 12-03-2005, 11:47 PM
Tech Champion

No Clarkston huh Dave?

Quite a shame, but nonetheless to be expected if an eastern boy runs the show..more shows in the east.

Nothing Personal just seems these are the tracks that people want to attend. Things could change but I feel these are a good selection for this year. Actually these are all quite far for me so it had nothing to do with location.

Here are my big questions...as a hobbyshop manager/racer I hear a lot of questions that people ask....

Are you going to run in conjuction/consideration of RC Pro scheldule? No, NCT will remain its own entity

Will Truggies be raced? Still working on this one. Feedback please

Will some electric classes be combined/eliminated? No/No

How will event capacity be decided...via track or series? Track

Same Prices to race? Entries will remain the same and will not exceed $60.00 for 2 classes as per 2005 rules.
Old 12-04-2005, 12:16 AM
Tech Rookie

Default be nice

Be nice to Dave, I am glad someone wants the job! Easy to be critical, much harder to step up to the plate.

Ian
Old 12-04-2005, 12:41 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Dave,

Walla Walla, would like to be on the NCT for 2006. We have a great facility and an awsome track that holds up well.

You should contact Darren and find out what his plans are for next year, if he's gonna have a track or not?
Old 12-04-2005, 12:59 AM
Tech Regular

5 out of 6 is too many required races. Attendance will be low at the last few races as showed this past year with 4 of 5, which should have been 3 of 5 IMO. Especially if the NWCT is not going to recognize any schedule conflicts with races in our area.

I think some people think that having less throw out races will force people to race the later races, I feel that this is just the opposite. There will always be racers that will race only those races close to them, I understand that. But for those who race for the points/championship, having an extra throw out, gives them a chance to come to a later race if they have a bad 1st or second race in the series. With 5 required out of 6 races, a person that has a bad first and or 2nd round, will be more likely to give up on the series and not show at the later races.

Just feedback, as you are asking for, and certainly just my opinion. But many others I have talked to feel the same way.
Old 12-04-2005, 09:43 AM
saw
Tech Adept

it would be real nice if clarkston was on the schedule and we had two drops. there is a lot more driving distance on that schedule than there was last year. i know people have been complaining about the roughness of clarkston but that is off road and is the same for everyone, i think that track is the funnest on the series.
jim mann
Old 12-04-2005, 10:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

adding Clarkston would make alot of sense, people wouldn't have to drive as far if they didn't want to...I think it is one the best locations for a race...hotel, and the entertainment available... but that would also give 2 races on this side of Washington, 3 on the other side of the mountains and 3 in the middle...not a bad situation for everyone involved...I know I will make a couple trips to that side, don't know which ones yet, but a racer has to do what a racer has to do...
Old 12-04-2005, 11:26 AM
Tech Master

James, Dave is in the West we're in the East. The tracks look good. Clarkston needs to bring it up a notch to hold another race there. And it will be fun to be at Scott's track again, I miss my friends from there. With the two indoor tracks the scedule can have a greater number of days between the races.

Last edited by Hal Hudson; 12-04-2005 at 02:37 PM.
Old 12-04-2005, 11:33 AM
Tech Champion

I posted a proposed track schedule for feedback. Nothing is in writing or scheduled.

Keep all the feedback coming positive or negative. We need all input to make this Series grow. All useful info from this forum I am saving on a .doc and will look over a little later.

6 races is only 1 more from 5 and with an Indoor track kicking it off and ending it we can extend it out a little as we dont have to worry bout rain or no lighting.

I am also not basing the tracks on their location for my personal gain, I am basing it on popularity from e-mails I got and people I have talked to. I am in Vancouver, WA so the only one that is really to my advantage is Canby. All others I am traveling 2+ hours.

Every year I would like to see different tracks host the race to get people to these other fine tracks in the NW. Next year we could add Clarkston but I do feel they need to step up their race program a notch to keep the flow going.

I still need to talk with Scott from TRCR but they are holding an Enduro Today so I will probably talk to him this week. I will also talk with Darren about Walla Walla.

Also it would be part of the Gold Cup not the Indoor Champs.

I will get the website up soon as well once I get the info for it.
Old 12-04-2005, 01:43 PM
Tech Adept

I would rather have 4 of 6, 5 of 7. This was the main reason I didnt run the series last year. Thanks for picking this series up Dave, it is appreciated.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.