Wiki Posts
Search

Portland R/C Raceway...It's Official!

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 09:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dave Kingman
It's probably just that the T4 feels like on old shoe when you put it on after not wearing it for awhile. It's like "hey this is comfortable, why'd I get new shoes?"

I'm a little nervous about running my RB5 for the same reasons. I've been using AE products since like 1990 so this was a big switch for me. I got to run Terrorizer Reed's K car last summer and it was nice. A solid ride for sure.
I immediately liked the RB5 better my first time driving it. I had a FT B4 at the same time so I got the chance to compare the two. I am confident you will like it. Can't wait to see you back at the track. You still race at the plus tuesdays??
Old 02-11-2010, 10:27 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by semi-fast
I immediately liked the RB5 better my first time driving it. I had a FT B4 at the same time so I got the chance to compare the two. I am confident you will like it. Can't wait to see you back at the track. You still race at the plus tuesdays??
Yup. You guys been driving onroad at all?
Old 02-11-2010, 11:52 PM
Tech Master

CCA Thursday Night Race Results!

Thanks again everyone who made it out!
Attached Files
File Type: txt
Round1.txt (60.3 KB, 86 views)
Round2.txt (61.7 KB, 74 views)
Round3.txt (40.9 KB, 117 views)
Old 02-12-2010, 08:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Had a great time last night - I'm more impressed with the track every time we head over to race. Great facility, great people. Cameron - Again, sorry for the love tap in the main - I'm still getting used to the truck, think I forgot where the brakes were for a moment. Other than that incident, last night's racing was some of the cleanest I've seen since I started running SCT. The A main was full of people that could've taken the win.
I think Reed's driving in 4 mod may have sold a couple more B44's. He makes that thing look incredible, especially considering how rough the main was. I know you hear it all the time, but good job, man.
Old 02-12-2010, 10:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dave Kingman
Yup. You guys been driving onroad at all?
Not anymore unfortunately. We sold the fleet since I pretty much need to focus on offroad now. To much things going on between everything, but I am planning on getting back into it in the future
Old 02-12-2010, 10:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I know of a few guys (including me) that are struggling w/ their RT5 setups, I'm still waiting on the blue springs Tebo uses to come back in stock.

My RB5 on the other hand feels awesome on the new track (just need to learn to drive it!)
Std Tebo setup everyone uses w/ changes:
- 32.5F, 27.5 rear, Front hubs back, rear hubs forward

Originally Posted by vilula9
Am I nuts for wanting to sell my Kyosho RT5 and go back to a T4. I was at the track today and running my sons T4 and I was way more consistent with my laps. Maybe it is because I ran Associated products years ago and it just feels more comfortable.
Old 02-12-2010, 11:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Thanks.

A Special thanks to Jim, Kim, Joe and everyone else who was involved in putting on the CCA event. It was a lot of fun for a great cause.
Kudo's to Greg for a great layout. Lots of fun to run on and great to race on.

Terry was REALLY laying it down in 4 wheel buggy. I was standing next to him and all I kept saying was, "Is that you passing me again????!!!" WOW.
I drug out the TC3 "O" for the race. Hope I wasn't in the way too much with it. It has been over a year since I drove it. A total of 6 laps in two qualifiers proved that!
Terry took it out after the racing was over.... He was FAST with it. Came off the drivers stand and joked," I guess it wasn't the car!!" LOL!! I had been telling him that all night!!

How many stayed until 6 am? I called the radio station at about 1 am to give a call out to you all... Did they?

Again, Thanks to all involved at PRCR for putting on the event. You can be very proud of the results.
Dan
Old 02-12-2010, 01:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Had loads of fun last night. Great that PRCR did well with raising funds for the CCA.

I have the SCT bug now! First time racing last night SCT and see why everyone likes it so much.

Sorcerer001- don't worry about it. Rubbing racing in that class and it made me have to work for the win. It was my son's slash so I was fun getting to run with you guys. His is a over a year old and still all stock and on the stock worn tires. Special note to you all though; the tires work best in the factory direction. turning them around made the truck loose in the rear around corners. After the races I was able to turn faster laps with the tires in the normal direction. Even beating the track lap record held by an SC10 .

The new Kyosho truck is in my future.
Old 02-12-2010, 03:29 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by w-fly
I know of a few guys (including me) that are struggling w/ their RT5 setups, I'm still waiting on the blue springs Tebo uses to come back in stock.

My RB5 on the other hand feels awesome on the new track (just need to learn to drive it!)
Std Tebo setup everyone uses w/ changes:
- 32.5F, 27.5 rear, Front hubs back, rear hubs forward
If anyone is having issue's with their RT5's, just bring it up to me and I can take a look at it for you. This past weekend at the ECT I TQ'ed Modified Truck and tied for the overall win with Shaun who is also running a RT5. We both havent changed our set-ups at all.

We got some blue springs in last night.
Old 02-12-2010, 04:35 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by semi-fast
Not anymore unfortunately. We sold the fleet since I pretty much need to focus on offroad now. To much things going on between everything, but I am planning on getting back into it in the future
It's crazy man. I've learned more about racing and setup in the past 4 months of racing carpet than I have in the entire time I've been racing dirt. I'm really excited to see what I can bring to the track this season.
Old 02-12-2010, 05:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

BIG THANKS to Jim and Kim!

I had a really fun time and got some good clean practice laps!

The snake races were a great time and the Nerf battles have yet to be resolved! Watch out!!

Props to Will and Terry for helping me get my ZX-5-SP running sweet.

Wish we could do the 24 hour more often, but I'm thinking Kim is a NO on that one.

How about some indoor MCX Heli races next year too?!!

Thanks again for the good times!!
Old 02-12-2010, 06:22 PM
Tech Adept

Just wanted to say thanks to Jim,Kim,Joe,Tiffany and the Monties for doing the CCA racee I hade a great time. The snake race was a blast hope we do this again.
Ed Hall
Old 02-12-2010, 06:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Joe, Shaun, Andy, and I are all team members and can help with any Kyosho truck questions. If you can tell me what it does not do to your liking we can fix it. I know Daniels set-up also and he is dominating the truck class in super stock at the ECT right now. Andy, Daniel and I run a different set-up but Joe, Shaun, and Tebo are waaaaayyyy faster and have lots more power than us so if you can drive it's a dialed set-up.

I still believe it is the fastest truck available so driving it takes time and some getting use to.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cameron Kellogg
Joe, Shaun, Andy, and I are all team members and can help with any Kyosho truck questions. If you can tell me what it does not do to your liking we can fix it. I know Daniels set-up also and he is dominating the truck class in super stock at the ECT right now. Andy, Daniel and I run a different set-up but Joe, Shaun, and Tebo are waaaaayyyy faster and have lots more power than us so if you can drive it's a dialed set-up.

I still believe it is the fastest truck available so driving it takes time and some getting use to.
You change your setup every race day

Hit me up with Daniel's setup. I don't run the full Tebo setup, but I'm still running the weight. With the new Peak battery and the Tebo weight my truck is 67oz.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:40 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cameron Kellogg

can you set mine up

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.