Wiki Posts
Search

Portland R/C Raceway...It's Official!

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 09:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DJ1978
I drug out the TC3 "O" for the race. Hope I wasn't in the way too much with it. It has been over a year since I drove it. A total of 6 laps in two qualifiers proved that!
Terry took it out after the racing was over.... He was FAST with it. Came off the drivers stand and joked," I guess it wasn't the car!!" LOL!! I had been telling him that all night!!

Dan
Dan,

I remember emailing you when you came out w/ V 1.0 of that thing. I want to see it in person, and possibly drive it. I thought it was pretty cool for its time. Closest I ever got was the TC3 Rally conversion! Might actually have to find it and make it a rally car again!

Congrats to everyone esp. the CCA and all they do.

MOmo
Old 02-12-2010, 11:06 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I'm coming out early with my son tomorrow. It seems like the Associated I can throw around more and is more forgiving. The majority of the problems are my driving skills I am sure, but the T4 just feels more like my style.

I'm gonna try some different tires and see if I can get it more to my liking.

I will hit you guys up for info tomorrow.
Old 02-13-2010, 12:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JSmall
You change your setup every race day
If I don't try it I won't know what it does incase I need to use it. I have been going back and forth with a lighter set up and heavy.

I think the extra weight works well on the high bite track with good power if you can drive the line everytime.

At ECT I had a horrible time with electrical and speedo settings. I was ready to go home before the mains started.

I will run a lite set up at TRCR and hopefully have a better round 5 and 6.
Old 02-13-2010, 09:53 AM
Tech Addict

Default HELLO FROM DON

HELLO and good morning to all of you.
Thought I would just check in and say hi. Hey MoMo NICE TO see you as well. I would like to say thank you to all of you for the help and kindnies you show Diane .

I see it all of the time but sometimes forget to say thanks at that time.

Well FOR ME boating season is just around the corner so i will be spending time out at westmorland in the near future. I have a new landing craft that i will be working on soon. Something like the one I brought down to Amain one night with the tanks that some of you saw.

NOW IT makes me feel good knowing
she is taken care of and watch out for .
WHen she comes down on her own or I drop her off.

That is what we mean we say were a big family that is what it is all about to help and watch out for each other and have fun racing.

OK I went off subject sorry about that one.
DON YOUR Vintage dirver.
Old 02-13-2010, 12:54 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hey everyone love my rt5 but have a couple questions
where and how much weight works best?
Should shocks be easy to compress completely when off the truck?
And it seems like my shocks are always coming loose
my qualifier one of the front ones completely blew out the bottom the little black cap came unthreaded and dumped everything
Old 02-13-2010, 03:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (97%+)
Default New to this race track but old to racing

Hi everyone.
Me and my brother have raced at many of the tracks around here but was sorry when they all shut down. My brother went into Tammies yesterday and saw a flyer about this new track. We are trying to get as much info on it as we can.
When are they open?
When do they race?
What classes do they race?
How much is it?

General questions. Any info would be great. Some of you might know use we are the Littlejohn brotehrs. Use to race at Aero Hobbies and at all 3 of amians tracks.

Thanks!!
Old 02-13-2010, 03:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hi tq

PRCR is open Tuesday-Sunday, closed Mondays

Tuesday 4-til racing ends. Racing starts at 7pm, sign up by 6:30pm
Wednesday 4-9pm practice
Thursday 4-9pm practice
Friday 4-9pm practice and Rockstar slash series every other Friday, start at 7:30
Saturday 1oam-9pm, Racing at 5pm
Sunday 10-5 practice

All popular 1/10 scale off road classes

$12 for the first class
$8 for the second class
Old 02-13-2010, 03:17 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cameron Kellogg
It was my son's slash so I was fun getting to run with you guys. His is a over a year old and still all stock and on the stock worn tires. Special note to you all though; the tires work best in the factory direction. turning them around made the truck loose in the rear around corners. After the races I was able to turn faster laps with the tires in the normal direction. Even beating the track lap record held by an SC10 .
Wow excuses like these are normally reserved for the people who dont win.. Makes me want to hang my slash up for good since i thought it was working pretty well, and finished somewhere in the back of the field Props to the Dunlaps, it's great to see a business like this done so well, and a great cause to race for. My Daughter spent a month in Dornbechers childrens cancer center, and i've got to tell you there's no more caring bigger hearted people than those who are effected by this directly and indirectly..Great job PRCR
Old 02-13-2010, 03:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by tq_racing
Hi everyone.
Me and my brother have raced at many of the tracks around here but was sorry when they all shut down. My brother went into Tammies yesterday and saw a flyer about this new track. We are trying to get as much info on it as we can.
When are they open?
When do they race?
What classes do they race?
How much is it?

General questions. Any info would be great. Some of you might know use we are the Littlejohn brotehrs. Use to race at Aero Hobbies and at all 3 of amians tracks.

Thanks!!
Check the first post of this thread.
It has all the information there.
Old 02-13-2010, 03:44 PM
Tech Elite

thanks I did checkk out the first post but I wasnt sure if that was the most current set of times. Do they have a website yet?
Old 02-13-2010, 03:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by tq_racing
thanks I did checkk out the first post but I wasnt sure if that was the most current set of times. Do they have a website yet?
Not that I know of.
They are racing tonight. You should go down there and check it out.
Open practice tomorrow.
Old 02-13-2010, 04:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DJ1978
Not that I know of.
They are racing tonight. You should go down there and check it out.
Open practice tomorrow.
Do they charge for practice?
Old 02-13-2010, 04:06 PM
Tech Elite

I plan on stopping by there tomorrow on my way home. I live in Sandy, but am at Lincoln City with my wife this weekend.
Old 02-13-2010, 05:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Just shows you don't need fancy stuff to win. I will be running mod when the Kyosho truck is out. don't hang up your Slash yet, unless your replacing it with the Kyosho one. .
Old 02-13-2010, 08:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cameron Kellogg
Just shows you don't need fancy stuff to win. I will be running mod when the Kyosho truck is out. don't hang up your Slash yet, unless your replacing it with the Kyosho one. .
Tim (olucky) knows this one better than just about anyone else - he's won many a race with non-premium equipment. Not that he can't afford it - but there is a measure of satisfaction from winning races with what many would consider sub-par stuff. It's a lesson that's taken me a long time to learn, but racing with a cheaper setup is still racing. Congratulations for winning with a beat up truck, you drove the wheels off it! The killer body made it looks new, at least.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.