Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree369Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 05:43 PM
Tech Master

I'll make my flight tomorrow if I have to shovel the damn runway myself!
Old 01-20-2012, 06:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Attention Xray Drivers!

Hi guys,

So, I spent a lot of time doing a scavenger hunt around the internet and stumbled upon:

Teflon Coated Shock Bodies made by a company called Atomic

They were once upon a time sold at SpeedTech, but I've never seen them in stock. So I did a little digging...

I found Atomic's site and searched through all of Atomic's distributor websites around the globe and found them for sale in Spain of all places. Anyway, they cost about $40 US for a set of 4, plus about $10 US for shipping.

I wanted to share the wealth, so here is a link for those interested in upgrading their Xray shocks:

http://www.technicalrp.com/catalog/a...e-p-39096.html

Peace,
Samwise
Old 01-20-2012, 06:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Samwise
Hi guys,

So, I spent a lot of time doing a scavenger hunt around the internet and stumbled upon:

Teflon Coated Shock Bodies made by a company called Atomic

They were once upon a time sold at SpeedTech, but I've never seen them in stock. So I did a little digging...

I found Atomic's site and searched through all of Atomic's distributor websites around the globe and found them for sale in Spain of all places. Anyway, they cost about $40 US for a set of 4, plus about $10 US for shipping.

I wanted to share the wealth, so here is a link for those interested in upgrading their Xray shocks:

http://www.technicalrp.com/catalog/a...e-p-39096.html

Peace,
Samwise
Tamiya shocks. Much easier to find, much cheaper, much easier to build, cheaper. There's really no downside to them. Ask Alvin
Old 01-20-2012, 07:23 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by peter_robinson
Tamiya shocks. Much easier to find, much cheaper, much easier to build, cheaper. There's really no downside to them. Ask Alvin
Haha!

Good point, Peter, good point. But it was fun doing the scavenger hunt nonetheless

Tamiya shocks are pretty awesome. Sam feels a little silly now I guess I'm a sucker for the adjustable pistons, I just think they're cool

Anyway... see you guys on Wednesday!

Peace,
Sam
Old 01-20-2012, 07:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I have used the Atomic teflon coated aluminum shock bodies numerous times. IMHO a very good upgrade over the stock plastic shock bodies. I found my shocks didn't require a rebuild nearly as often.
and they are an ok color too

Last edited by Magnet Top; 01-20-2012 at 07:51 PM.
Old 01-20-2012, 07:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

That hilarious, gripgoat has been doing me a favor going to egr racing to get me some atomic stuff for micros (they are well known in the micro field).

http://www.egrracing.com/shop/index....fc31722de87f71

EGR is the store front for atomic. However,looks like not in stock, but maybe another shop there has? Anyhow you'll have to ask gripgoat if he can or not. $40 is still cheaper than buying a set a new Tamiya TRF if they are $60+ ?
Old 01-20-2012, 09:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by oXYnary
That hilarious, gripgoat has been doing me a favor going to egr racing to get me some atomic stuff for micros (they are well known in the micro field).

http://www.egrracing.com/shop/index....fc31722de87f71

EGR is the store front for atomic. However,looks like not in stock, but maybe another shop there has? Anyhow you'll have to ask gripgoat if he can or not. $40 is still cheaper than buying a set a new Tamiya TRF if they are $60+ ?
I haven't been getting it from EGR. There's a shop called Action Hobbies that's in the same neighborhood most of the other shops. Easier to get to.

-Mike
Old 01-21-2012, 04:01 PM
Tech Regular

Default Modified Touring?

Hey Guys!

So, I'm curious... is anyone planning to run Mod Touring before the end of the season? If so, I have a few questions:

-What motor do you recommend?
-What number of turns (for a Mod newbie)?
-What FDR for that type of motor/number of turns?
-What (if any) ESC settings need to be changed to run said motor?
-Will that same motor/number of turns be good outdoors as well this summer?

Peace + Burnin' Rubber!
Samwise
Old 01-21-2012, 04:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Everyone's having to much fun in stock at the moment I think! Closer to the ECC you will see some wanting to race Mod

Hey Guys!

So, I'm curious... is anyone planning to run Mod Touring before the end of the season? If so, I have a few questions:

-What motor do you recommend? LRP 5.0 octa with 12.5 works rotor or Reedy Sonic 5.0
-What number of turns (for a Mod newbie)? 5.0
-What FDR for that type of motor/number of turns? Around an 8.7
-What (if any) ESC settings need to be changed to run said motor? Blinky would be a good starting point. Add boost to get more top end down the straight!
-Will that same motor/number of turns be good outdoors as well this summer? Yep just add more punch and boost!!!

Peace + Burnin' Rubber!
Samwise
Old 01-21-2012, 04:22 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Kody
Everyone's having to much fun in stock at the moment I think! Closer to the ECC you will see some wanting to race Mod
Thanks Kody!

I think you're right; stock is fun! Actually, a Reedy Sonic 5.0 was just what I was thinking in fact.

When is the ECC?

Peace,
Sam
Old 01-21-2012, 06:18 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Thanks Kody!

I think you're right; stock is fun! Actually, a Reedy Sonic 5.0 was just what I was thinking in fact.

When is the ECC?

Peace,
Sam
ECC date is the march 10,11
Old 01-23-2012, 01:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Cool

Originally Posted by Maybell
The minimum conversion would be the suspension parts, crush tubes, hub bearings and CVA axles. That stuff comes to $81 before tax.

-front arms
-rear arms
-steering blocks
-rear hubs
-caster blocks (you can use the older caster blocks if you choose)
-crush tubes
-CVA axles
-5x10 bearings

We have everything in stock beside the CVA axles. They are still backordered. The conversion does not work without the axles because a 5x10 bearing is not the same thickness as a 6x10.
Do you still have these in stock? Was thinking of stopping by this afternoon..
Old 01-23-2012, 07:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Hey gang,
Good news, the bearing box is all topped off again except for the 1/4x3/8" unflanged. Swing by and see me Wed.
Brian
Old 01-24-2012, 06:17 AM
Tech Regular

Default Xray C Hub

Hi Sean,

If you have any in stock, could you put an Xray Hard 6-Degree Right C hub in the Tub for me?

I ordered a pair of C hubs online, but the right one was for the T2'008 and so the hole in the hub where the axle goes was too small. The left one is fine. I guess Xray changed the mold in the past 4 years haha!

Thanks Buddy,
Sam

Here is the part number:

P.S. If all you have are the Medium composite ones, please bring a pair (Left and Right 6 degree). Thanks again!

Last edited by Samwise; 01-24-2012 at 07:35 AM.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Exclamation "Not 2B Nitpicking", or anything.........

I ordered a pair of C hubs online, but the right one was for the T2'008 and so the hole in the hub where the axle goes was too small. The left one is fine. I guess Xray changed the mold in the past 4 years haha!
"But you guessed Wrong !",The T2007 and earlier Cars, had the "Smaller Diameter" opening in the C-Hubs. The 008>T3-2012 are all the same!

And BTW, some Xray drivers think the Composite Shock bodies are just fine, and in some cases, a better choice over the alloy "Upgrade".........(case in point, Ralph Burch's 2010 IFMAR 200mm Nitro TC world championship victory in Texas July heat ! It's rumored that the plastic shock bodies are less reactive to temperature changes and the 1 hour workout that a Nitro Sedan endures in a A Main).

Last edited by el salvador; 01-24-2012 at 08:39 AM. Reason: "Shocking Opinion"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.