Search
Like Tree369Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2015, 05:33 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Magnet Top
Now that we hold a record in guinness book of world records for number of heats in 7 hours on a non permanent track, can we go back to an enjoyable 2 qual heats and some time between heats to charge batteries without requiring multiple batteries and a requisite dual port charger ? Maybe I'm in the minority though. just my 2 cents

Jake D.
I actually agree. The extra track time is nice but I like to relax more....could be cause I'm lazy

Although the 3rd round was really fun with Korey, going back and forth for 6minutes
Old 02-08-2015, 06:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Im not a fan of 3 quals with a compressed schedule. I was charging my batteries faster than I'm comfortable with just to make it in time....

Id much rather have a break between to get things sorted.
Old 02-08-2015, 06:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I danced with the Grimm Reaper at least 7 times in R2 in mod12. I am just glad that I didn't fold the car up. That was a hustle. I am a little for quality over quantity as well.

That being said, Nora just blew threw 2 rounds plus mains in 3.5hrs at the show today! 7 Heats. My adrenaline pump has been on hight for the last 24hrs!

I need a nap.
Old 02-08-2015, 07:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...dFZ9F0-uHYPxv_

Video's are posted... enjoy !
Old 02-08-2015, 08:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Thanks for the videos Jake, I can now see how Korey owned me over and over lol. Four rounds was pretty cool, not something I would want to do every Saturday night but it is fun to get that much track time on the big track.
Old 02-09-2015, 10:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Any way we can change the track slightly? Keep the same layout but revise the hard corner in the chicane. Possibly put a larger radius on that corner and maybe bigger dots on the inside so people don't cut the corner. No reason why your car should get destroyed because you make a mistake, sometimes you don't make the mistake but someone in front of you does taking you with him. In all the years SRCR has been racing this track is by far the most brutal.
Old 02-09-2015, 10:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I hear you guys on the pace-of-the-night question. I'm keen to maximize the return on investment, both in terms of effort to attend and entry fees.

We now know what we're capable of, and there's no need to be intimidated by a short schedule. We can take that schedule, put a dog collar on it, and make it walk on all fours and bark on command.

7 heats is the threshold. Just one more Mod TC racer would have meant 8 heats--and 2 quals instead of 3. It would also have meant a few minutes between rounds and an overall easier pace. Which way should it go? Is open track between rounds more valuable than the truly controlled time of the additional heat? From a track time perspective, I'd favor the heat over the open track. (That's clearly my own opinion.) From a pace-of-night perspective, sure, no question, the 2 quals is easier. More enjoyable? Better ROI? I suppose it depends on the night, and the person answering the question. Sometimes a relaxed time with our buds is what's best. Sometimes a head down "I'm on a mission" blast is best.
Old 02-09-2015, 10:29 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

There's also something to be said about safety. People running two heats blasting their batteries at 2C just to make their race isn't going to end well. I think this is mainly a problem for mod racers, since you could probably get a whole night of racing on 17.5 out of a 7000mah pack =P
Old 02-09-2015, 06:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Sorry guys but us newbies love the 3 quals... we def benefit from the extra track time.

Breaks in between 2 quals means one thing to the slower folks... get out of the way theres a mod guy coming... and with the fast layout... you cant even get a good practice run.

my 2 cents.
Old 02-09-2015, 08:05 PM
Tech Elite

Jacob .... you are not a newbie !!! LOL
Old 02-09-2015, 08:25 PM
Tech Elite

As far as track time its a 6 to 1 ratio of open practice vs one more qual.

The short 5 minutes of practice between rounds makes for added confrontation between cars with large speed differentials. IMHO its creating problems that wouldn't otherwise happen when more practice time is available. What I'm saying is patience is more easily achieved when people aren't rushed and all crammed together in one very short practice session.

But its not just about track time.. its about charging batteries and a bit of wrench time... heck, even time to chew on pizza rather than gulp it down.

Jake D.
Old 02-09-2015, 08:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Jake's onto something, so is Jacob.

Perhaps the middle ground is scheduled controlled practice instead of the extra round?
Old 02-09-2015, 08:45 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Magnet Top
As far as track time its a 6 to 1 ratio of open practice vs one more qual.

The short 5 minutes of practice between rounds makes for added confrontation between cars with large speed differentials. IMHO its creating problems that wouldn't otherwise happen when more practice time is available. What I'm saying is patience is more easily achieved when people aren't rushed and all crammed together in one very short practice session.

But its not just about track time.. its about charging batteries and a bit of wrench time... heck, even time to chew on pizza rather than gulp it down.

Jake D.
Well that makes sense.... I prolly didn't feel it coz I ate pretty heavy before the race and didn't eat pizza.

I will agree that If I had to wrench it would suck. Luckily my SS car is dialed.
My mod car, being 2nd time running it. Its to early to know if it's the car or the driver so to me heck just drive it ��

3 quals could work if we didn't have late start due to basketball
Old 02-09-2015, 08:56 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by R3VoLuTiOn

Perhaps the middle ground is scheduled controlled practice instead of the extra round?
We tried controlled practice at the ECC one year. It flopped, lots of wasted track time because nobody would make their "appointment" on time. On a club race night nobody wants to police it and a structured time is no different than a qual because if you miss your one window, you are hosed, hoser :-)
Old 02-09-2015, 09:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by R3VoLuTiOn

I agree on controlled practice! If controlled practice was a known thing I think people would make it a point to make their practice window

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.