Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree369Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2016, 08:32 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by PutAwayWet
Brian is right on. We can definitely use one at the hangar. Thank you, Ryan!
Awesome, I'll bring it along! Kyle, do you want me to bring it tonight or should I wait for a H30 race night?
Old 01-03-2016, 11:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Another well attended evening, some amazing racing efforts and speedy clean up. Thank you all who attended. That was a great night of racing. I look forward to Jake's vids and Todd's recap. Time to pack bags for Sydney next weekend. I know our group is ready to get some Tim Bits and Maple Syrup.
Old 01-03-2016, 11:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

http://youtu.be/SrxSvkyfT1QMy first video published touring stock Amain.
Old 01-03-2016, 01:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

are ya ready for some football, two starts, two punts... awesome.

I was far off the line and still got hit. lol

and look at the fly by on the restart.
Old 01-03-2016, 02:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

It's funny seeing video after thinking things played out differently in your head lol. Fun race night the layout is really fun.
Old 01-03-2016, 03:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skypilot
are ya ready for some football, two starts, two punts... awesome.

I was far off the line and still got hit. lol

and look at the fly by on the restart.
Go Hawks!
Old 01-03-2016, 06:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The Seattle RC Racers greeted 2016 with a raucous night of racing at the Magnuson Community Center. 66 entries across 11 qualifying heats kept us on a rapid pace. We got out a bit late, and I’ll have some explaining to do, but for the moment I’m looking back on the evening with happy thoughts.

Scale Spec qualifying was a duel between Donny and Dick for dominance. Both bumped past the track record, but Donny would prove to be the fastest against the clock. However, in the main, Dick was able to capitalize on an unforced error by Donny and got cleanly past and held the lead to the tone. Donny made a charge, but he could not close down on the determined Skagit battler. So a split result on the evening, with the top prize to Dick.

Stock 1/12th is finding its footing again. Bodine TQ’d, and I came second, joining him in rolling past the standing track record. The main was a minutes-long duel between Brian and me. I was able to take advantage of some traffic and got by in the early going. Brian was then glued to my spur for most of the race until I contacted a board coming out of the esses and surrendered the lead. It was a hard hit and jacked my center football, making the car hard to drive after. But, fair game to Brian for applying several minutes of clean pressure. It was a thrilling race to drive.

We had four Novices take the start, and they all stayed through to the end. Team Browers continues to show for the event, and last night Jack was the fast car on track. Our Novices are currently a split between youngsters and adults, showing a special facet of our sport. It’s one of the very few organized competitions where young and old square off on even terms, no excuses or handicaps making up the difference in age. Don’t like getting spanked by a 10-year-old? Too bad. Learn to drive. 10-year-old doesn’t like losing and throws a fit? Too bad. Grow up, kid. It’s a tough out there. It’s a wonderful thing.

Modified Touring was its usual rapid hair raising self. Jake lamented after that he was only held it together for one complete run, but it was good enough for a second qualifying spot behind Korey, the two of them separated by half a second and clear of Andrew’s track record from the opening night. It’s good to be TQ and have steady nerves at the start to not throw away the effort. The start in the main was rough, but TQ Korey stayed clear of the carnage and forged ahead to a convincing victory. The rest will want to have a study of the videos to see how things went down, and those who contributed to the mess may want to review their opening play for future races. The great thing about the videos is that they tend to slice through misperceptions to offer something like an objective reality. It’s not always a perfect view, but it’s almost always revealing.

Formula 1 was a full field. Mark Tveten TQ’d and won, as is typically the case when he attends. But Sven and Alex were on hand to offer some resistance at different points in the night. Both were on Mark’s lead lap at the end of qualifying. Like their one-to-one counterparts, RC F1s are challenging to drive, particularly in close quarters on a grippy carpet track. I am seeing incremental improvement in several of our regulars, and I am hopeful some may mount a consistent challenge to Mark as the season rolls on.

Modified 1/12th enjoyed Harbke’s participation. He was fast all night and carved out a convincing double of TQ and win. He separated himself from the rest of us for most of the night and looked especially good in the main. That car was a rock solid rocket ship throughout the 8 minutes of racing. He only logged one 11 sec. lap, and that was for traffic, everything else was 10s and 9s. Korey’s car is a custom job, with carbon parts of his own design. It looks great!

Stock Touring was the biggest field of the night, and the final main. Malkinson TQ’d and reset the track record. Expectations were high as he took the start in the main from the front of the grid. A rough start for the midfield prompted a restart. Mike was cleanly in the lead after the second go, but he turned in early on an apex on lap two and was shuffled back. Donny came through from the two-spot and took the lead and held it to the end. Dick brought as much as pressure as he could, and was a solid second. Mike, meanwhile, battled back to third, partly redeeming the fine qualifying effort.

We race again on the 13th at Hangar 30, and the 23rd at the gym. We have two big regional races upcoming. Next weekend is the Victoria BC round of the WCICS series and a calendar priority for many of us. And after that, the Tri-Cities club is hosting a two-day where many of us will be in attendance.

Results attached.
Attached Files
File Type: txt
Round1.txt (73.7 KB, 69 views)
Round2.txt (75.0 KB, 101 views)
Round3.txt (61.6 KB, 133 views)
Old 01-03-2016, 07:31 PM
Tech Elite

race videos from Jan 02 2016

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EArfcR6_utBWkW

Last edited by Magnet Top; 01-04-2016 at 12:03 AM.
Old 01-03-2016, 08:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default Slow

Originally Posted by Magnet Top
still recovering from paint fumes...

will get to the videos asap...
Hurry up slow poke. Lol
Old 01-04-2016, 12:03 AM
Tech Elite

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EArfcR6_utBWkW
Old 01-04-2016, 02:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Hangar 30, Round 5 Results

My apologies for the late update - the holidays totally kicked my ass

The holiday break poses a feast or famine scenario for recreational activities like ours – and as was the case this Wednesday, it was time for a feast. We saw our biggest numbers a quite a while, with the perquisite numbers in Scale Spec and Stock Touring, a 6 car field of 1/12 scalers, 8 novice racers and (gasp) 5 Formula 1 cars. 37 entries was on the menu for our feast, and that was just the beginning. In addition to big numbers, we were treated to some great runs in Stock Touring, 1/12 Scale and Scale Spec, which resulted in several new records being set.

Stock Touring Jake Danilchik consistently running 2-3 laps ahead of the field. Never one to rest on his laurels, Jake took full advantage of the Round 2 resort to lay down a blazing 36/6:04.524, resetting Kody Knudtson’s track record for this layout. The qualifying order translated into the finishing order for the Main, with Mike Boyle looking very racy and turning a 35 lapper in qualifying, followed by Mike Malkinson in 3rd and Dick Reese in 4th.

Formula 1 made its first appearance in quite a while, with Sven Boehringer visiting from Portland taking TQ, followed by Braedan Swan and Tom Cook on the grid for the Main. On the second lap of the Main, Tim got into some trouble (open wheel cars just love to find trouble) and dropped to the back of the pack. As the clock ticked down, Tim was able to stay out of further trouble and claw his way back to 3rd. Farther up the grid, Braedan Swan took his car on a bell to bell tour of the 2 spot, with Sven leading from start to finish to take the win.

Novice was the fullest it’s ever been at the Hangar, fueled by several new faces, which is something we always like to see. Young guns Braedan Swan and Sam Swadener dueled throughout qualifying, with Braedan taking TQ. In the main, early trouble caught Braedan out, dropping him back to 5th, meanwhile Sam dropped back to 4th. After a rocky first couple of minutes, the young guns found their stride and began working their way through the field. By the 3 minute mark, Braedan had regained the top spot, followed by newcomer (and Dirtfish Rally School Head Instructor) Nate Tennis in 2nd, Sam in 3rd and Daniel Wageman in 4th. Unfortunately the physicality of the race took its toll, forcing Braedan to pit from the lead for a lengthy fix than would ultimately force him to retire form the race. The rest of the field held their ground, ultimately finishing in the same order, on the same lap. Final results: Daniel 3rd, Sam 2nd, Nate 1st.

1/12 Scale was another strong showing with 6 cars, including one guy who can only be classified as a menace to society. (Yours Truly, making his 1/12 debut) At the risk of making the race report all about me, I’m compelled to share my one and only goal for the night: “Don’t take out Brian, Todd, or Stuart.” Well as the saying goes, sometimes the simplest things aren’t all that simple. In the beginning of my second lap I spun in front of the pack, managing to collect the top 4 cars in the process. Actually the word “collect” doesn’t truly do it justice – I launched Brian 10 feet down the track, over the pipe and onto his lid. Yeah, not so simple. I tell you that story not so you can marvel at my stupidity, but so you can appreciate what happened next. After losing 4+ seconds from the wreck, Brian took the bit between the teeth and beat his own track record with a 47/8:00.806 and fast lap with a 9.715. Todd and Stuart qualified 2nd and 3rd respectively. In the Main, I made sure to hide in the corner every time the leaders came past, which was a lot. Free of any outside, er, “influences”, Brian, Todd and Stuart ran all 8 minutes on the same lap, trading places throughout. Stuart led for nearly 6 minutes, most of which was under severe pressure from Brian. A couple of taps were all that was needed for Brian to take back the top spot in the final couple of minutes, with Stuart finishing 2nd and Todd in 3rd.

Scale Spec was owned end-to-end by Portlander Ryan Brownlee, who laid waste to the current track record with a blazing 33/6:07.868 and a fast lap of 10.887. In the mains Adam Shelton took the bump from the B, with Ryan, Bill Swadener and Dick Reece lined up behind. Bill and Dick played a cat and mouse with one another the entire race, with Ryan out front. When the 6 minutes had elapsed it was Bill finishing 6 seconds ahead of Dick for 2nd and 3rd respectively, Ryan stamping the night by taking the win.

We’ll see you on the 13th of this month, so get those F1, 1/12, WGT and touring cars ready! Results are posted below.
Attached Files
Round1.txt (48.1 KB, 48 views)
Round2.txt (49.2 KB, 64 views)
Round3.txt (37.8 KB, 84 views)
Old 01-05-2016, 09:20 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by skibum989
Kyle, do you want me to bring it tonight or should I wait for a H30 race night?
Hey Ryan, sorry I missed this earlier and thanks so much for offering to donate a vacuum to the Hangar. Yes, we totally need one - that rug needs a good vacuuming and usually we don't have the time to run to the gym to snag a suck-o-lux to do the job. Please feel free to bring it by next Wednesday, 1/13.

Thanks again!
Old 01-07-2016, 05:42 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by bradshawkyle
Hey Ryan, sorry I missed this earlier and thanks so much for offering to donate a vacuum to the Hangar. Yes, we totally need one - that rug needs a good vacuuming and usually we don't have the time to run to the gym to snag a suck-o-lux to do the job. Please feel free to bring it by next Wednesday, 1/13.

Thanks again!
You got it! I'll bring it on the 13th.

On the 13th, will there be any loaner cars available? My good buddy Drew came to watch at the CC this last Saturday and would love to give this whole racing thing a try. Could I procure a loaner car for him to enter the Novice fray?
Old 01-07-2016, 06:27 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by skibum989
You got it! I'll bring it on the 13th.

On the 13th, will there be any loaner cars available? My good buddy Drew came to watch at the CC this last Saturday and would love to give this whole racing thing a try. Could I procure a loaner car for him to enter the Novice fray?
Absolutely, we will have one ready for him. Come find me when you arrive and I'll get you and Drew set up.
Old 01-07-2016, 09:38 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by bradshawkyle
Absolutely, we will have one ready for him. Come find me when you arrive and I'll get you and Drew set up.
Awesome thank you Kyle!! Hopefully we'll get another one hooked 😀

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.