Search
Like Tree14Likes

T.R.C.R. ---Pit's Talk---

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 09:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Legal to use in the stock class`s at Trcr .....
In the interest of sportsmanship it would still be better if we didn't do so, or at least if the better stock drivers chose not to.

Mark
Old 08-16-2007, 09:32 AM
Tech Legend

Sportsmanship ?

In the stock class ?

Ha Ha Ha !
Old 08-16-2007, 09:48 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by mtveten
In the interest of sportsmanship it would still be better if we didn't do so, or at least if the better stock drivers chose not to.

Mark
I agree. While a brushless 13.5 is close to a good brushed stock motor, the brushless still has an advantage.
Old 08-16-2007, 04:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Powermaker
I agree. While a brushless 13.5 is close to a good brushed stock motor, the brushless still has an advantage.
The advantage the 13.5 offers in torque is especially noticeable on the current layout.
Old 08-16-2007, 06:59 PM
Tech Legend

Lap times are bout the same the as last layout , easy jumps, and I always see brush 27t Tq stock ...

so how come a 27T can`t keep up on this layout is beyond me.....
Old 08-16-2007, 07:15 PM
Tech Addict

Lap times are bout the same the as last layout , easy jumps, and I always see brush 27t Tq stock ...

The jumps aren't too bad for a 27T except for the last double coming off of the wagon wheel. I ran one pack with a 27T in my stock truck and had a little trouble with it. Of course, I haven't bought a motor in almost 2 years so my motors are pretty old. Doesn't matter as I had more fun racing mod anyways. Think I'll be sticking there for a while.

I know Samuel's has been TQing 2wd Stock with a CO27, but hasn't Shirk been using a 13.5 in Truck?
Old 08-16-2007, 07:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 328 (100%+)

it all depends on the driver, but from my experience there is a lot more torque so that is definently a advantage being that you can take tighter lines with ease of going over jumps I think 13.5 is the new stock. especially at t.r.c.r more drivers using brushless than brushed. I think its great. and all drivers will have the same speed. no more motor wars. lol. just batteries, lipo is taking care of that though
Old 08-16-2007, 07:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (96%+)

Cause nobody is as fast as you George
Old 08-16-2007, 07:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 328 (100%+)

lets not forget the worst part. MOTOR FADE especially stock truck!!!!

Last edited by johnny boy; 08-16-2007 at 07:38 PM.
Old 08-16-2007, 07:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

i think scott is pretty damn smart and has HIS business in mind when HE decides what motors will be allowed in what classes. i'm coming to run mod truck tomorrow, i'm doing it cause i want to just hang out and have fun, i expect a pretty good schooling. somebody tell scott to glue me up some tires.
Old 08-16-2007, 09:44 PM
Tech Regular

Sorry guys. I gotta disagree with most of you as far as brushless being ok to run in the stock class. Brushless won't cure the tuning aspect of stock racing. With every spec class that exist in any type of racing there is, there is someone out there trying to make his stuff a little faster by experimenting. People have already found ways to make one 13.5 faster than another. Sintered rotors are just the first step. Next will be some kind of device that you plug the sensor wires into to bypass information that makes the motor regulate it's speed or something of the like. Why doesn't someone who is really familiar with software (like Dr. Wong)just hack into their brushless speedo and crank it up a few RPMs?

Brushless isn't the answer. It's just a new avenue for the same "problems" we have with our brushed stock motors. Tune a stock motor and deal with it.

My$.02
Old 08-17-2007, 08:28 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by mtn bkr
The jumps aren't too bad for a 27T except for the last double coming off of the wagon wheel. I ran one pack with a 27T in my stock truck and had a little trouble with it. Of course, I haven't bought a motor in almost 2 years so my motors are pretty old. Doesn't matter as I had more fun racing mod anyways. Think I'll be sticking there for a while.

I know Samuel's has been TQing 2wd Stock with a CO27, but hasn't Shirk been using a 13.5 in Truck?
Nope, he`s still using brush.....

Mikes a Insanity driver

and Insanity

R the

Fastest stock brush motor`s you can buy today in the N/w....
Old 08-17-2007, 08:34 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Eazy D
Sorry guys. I gotta disagree with most of you as far as brushless being ok to run in the stock class. Brushless won't cure the tuning aspect of stock racing. With every spec class that exist in any type of racing there is, there is someone out there trying to make his stuff a little faster by experimenting. People have already found ways to make one 13.5 faster than another. Sintered rotors are just the first step. Next will be some kind of device that you plug the sensor wires into to bypass information that makes the motor regulate it's speed or something of the like. Why doesn't someone who is really familiar with software (like Dr. Wong)just hack into their brushless speedo and crank it up a few RPMs?

Brushless isn't the answer. It's just a new avenue for the same "problems" we have with our brushed stock motors. Tune a stock motor and deal with it.

My$.02

Sorry, it was fun while it lasted but times have changed ....

good news is you can still "tune" your 27T to your hearts content ...
Old 08-17-2007, 08:56 AM
Tech Addict

Nope, he`s still using brush.....

Mikes a Insanity driver

and Insanity

R the

Fastest stock brush motor`s you can buy today in the N/w....
Last time I raced I know Mike was pondering the purchase of a 13.5 for his truck and Ketting told me that Mike had gotten one.
Old 08-17-2007, 09:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

BTW anyone who is choosing the race the ECT with a 13.5. It has to completely stock out of the package. The reasons why we allowed it this year was because of the new guys not wanting to learn how to tune. Therefor no TUNING will be allowed with a brushless. Doug has all the Specs on the 13.5 and will know what is stock and what is not.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.