Community
Wiki Posts
Search

North End Slash Meet.

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 10:01 AM
Tech Elite

good rules... real basic simple short list

I will talk with the owner tomorrow to make sure that it's a go. i will let you know either tomorrow night or friday.
ok
Old 08-27-2008, 10:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

yeah we tried a normal straight up race last night and it just wastn't as fun.

Would be glad to see and meet you guys from up north. I think TRCR will have to be sometime in either october or November cause they are getting ready to start the fall point series and unless we do it on a saturday which is a Nitro day there is no other day to do it on. Will also let you know that schedule as well.

The rules were kept simple cause for the sake of having fun
Old 08-27-2008, 10:49 AM
Tech Elite

ok, I just called TRCR and here is the deal. The fall series starts next week and will end around thanksgiving time. So i'm proposing that he opens the track early for us one saturday like around 7-8 and try to be done with our stuff by 1pm. I think he will go for that. What's your thoughts on this. Because that's a nitro race day, so you guys can stick around and do some nitro racing as well.

let me know.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:53 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by loriding69
ok, I just called TRCR and here is the deal. The fall series starts next week and will end around thanksgiving time. So i'm proposing that he opens the track early for us one saturday like around 7-8 and try to be done with our stuff by 1pm. I think he will go for that. What's your thoughts on this. Because that's a nitro race day, so you guys can stick around and do some nitro racing as well.

let me know.
I don`t think so , sorry ..
Better to try for a Sunday and include the event with the club race that day...
Old 08-27-2008, 11:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

We run 5-7 min heats and here are the rules we run with:
* box stock (only thing you can change is) shock oil, shock caps, gearing, and reciever.
* bump to pass ( so you can't just pass someone, you physically have to hit them to pass )
* no track cutting
* no restarts
* TQ starts in the back of the field.

I will talk with the owner tomorrow to make sure that it's a go. i will let you know either tomorrow night or friday.

shock caps???

if some "rubbing" happens during a pass then fine, don't think it should be manatory. and the straight up t-bones are a bit much.
Old 08-27-2008, 11:06 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
I don`t think so , sorry ..
Better to try for a Sunday and include the event with the club race that day...
So i guess your the shop owner now? Geo sit back relax and let me handle this. You don't know what can happen.

Matter of fact go and fix your slash up and bring it out to Olympia tomorrow night. So i can beat you down again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-27-2008, 11:09 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by skypilot
shock caps???

if some "rubbing" happens during a pass then fine, don't think it should be manatory. and the straight up t-bones are a bit much.
Bump to pass isn't required just encouraged.

yeah they have optional alum caps that you can put on them cause the plastic ones seem to unloosen sometimes. yeah straight up t-bones at full speed is a no no. that's not bashing that's being stupid.

Once again GEO shut up for once. had to say it before he says something else stupid.
Old 08-27-2008, 11:53 AM
Tech Elite

Questions??

Are we going to do any Mod/Pro Class? Basically whatever you put in there is what you run, or should i say NO LIMITS?
Old 08-27-2008, 08:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Thumbs up slash tour classes

Are we going to do any Mod/Pro Class? Basically whatever you put in there is what you run, or should i say NO LIMITS?
IMO i would like to see a couple different classes.

stock class:

stock electronics(except receiver)
stock tires
suspension upgrades ok (rpm,integy,ect.)
traxxas or proline hardcore bodies

modified class:

any electronics
any suspension upgrades
any tires
any body made for the slash

pretty simple classes. its nice to have variety
Old 08-27-2008, 09:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

does anyone remember the losi mini T and how 'FUN' it was going to be, anyone remember why they put thiers in the box and put it away or sold it.

chassis should be left alone, power should be left alone, theres not a damn thing wrong with the stock servo, leave it alone, change the rcvr so you can run your radio, fine. change shock oil, fine, no way to police it, if your blowing the shock caps off, use some lock tite. stock and pro class, isn't that whats ruining the hobby now, to many classes and classes to small.

the above is the post i would have made had i made the one i wanted to make,

below is the one i will post.

whatever you guys decide will be ok with me, i just may decide not to "race" and continue to "bash" it where i can.
Old 08-27-2008, 09:53 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I agree with Ritchie.

With the exception of shock caps, or shock bodies, the only "spec" or "box stock" part of the shock that should be left is the spring. The Traxxas upgrade parts should be allowed or even encouraged. The plastic shock body is as high of quality as their ESC's. While over all reliable, they can fail for no really good reason. With the way we are also bashing these things, more durable shocks keep people having fun.

I am most concerned that we all run the spec tire, motor, body, and stock diff. Gearing should be open, it's not that huge of an effect and we all own pinion gears.

Biggest reason for this is these have a tendency to blow up spurs, and the Traxxas spur gears have had some spotty availability. Some shops still have not had the stock Slash spur come in. I don't want to say someone can't play because they broke a spur and the shop has nothing but 83's..

Originally Posted by Leopard1
We're down, book us for Sep 13th if you want.
If you guys want to do it Sept 13, that's fine by me. I won't be able to make it, but if it works with everyone else it would be a good weekend to do it; sooner is better than later with the way our weather is going.
Old 08-28-2008, 06:32 AM
Tech Elite

If you guys want to do it Sept 13, that's fine by me. I won't be able to make it, but if it works with everyone else it would be a good weekend to do it; sooner is better than later with the way our weather is going.
Or 20th or 27th is open
Old 08-28-2008, 06:32 AM
Tech Addict

Default Slash Upgrades

Wes, the one thing that hasn't been mentioned is the ESC. My stock one went belly up so I put a Novak GTS in that I had laying around. While it works more reliably than the stocker I haven't seen any gain in performance over the stocker. I still got trampled at the start up in Marysville. Will I be relegated to the Mod class or can I still run stock? The receiver and ESC are the only changes I've made so far. The shocks have even hung in there.

Granpa
Old 08-28-2008, 06:40 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Leopard1
Or 20th or 27th is open
Will be at the final NCT races on the 20th and the 27th is my and my step daughter b'day weekend.

I need an answer on what days by noon today cause i'm going down to the track today as soon as they open at 4.
Old 08-28-2008, 10:01 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Wes, the one thing that hasn't been mentioned is the ESC. My stock one went belly up so I put a Novak GTS in that I had laying around. While it works more reliably than the stocker I haven't seen any gain in performance over the stocker. I still got trampled at the start up in Marysville. Will I be relegated to the Mod class or can I still run stock? The receiver and ESC are the only changes I've made so far. The shocks have even hung in there.
Forgot about the ESC ... yes, ESC swap should be fine as well. I did the same thing as you, and am not noticing any real advantage. The only thing is I can actually brake reliably now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.