Old 08-17-2008, 10:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Light em up boys

Led, not just for drifters anymore

Old 08-17-2008, 06:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

got to fondle a slayer today, pretty darn sweet, wish i more into the nitro thing, guess i'll wait for the conversion kit
Old 08-17-2008, 06:43 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The slayer does look sweet, but I'm already over it before it has hit our shelves. Nitro..bleh. A converted one will be fun though.
Old 08-17-2008, 10:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wes Briscoe
I'd like to see 8-10 confirmed. Last time I had 20 people say they were coming and 15 showed. So if I can do that again, awesome.

Raise of hands ... is there enough energy and patience in the audience to run this coming Saturday (Aug 23) or shall we bail for another more convenient date?

Please post or call me if you can make it.
wont be able to come due to a end of the summer bash im having at my place,but a Slash tour is definately something im onboard to do
Old 08-18-2008, 08:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mempa
Hey Vatos check out the Lowrider.

how many switches
Old 08-18-2008, 09:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Becoming a "member" of AREA52 is free and easy. It helps them keep a tally of how many people will be showing up and keeps info semi-private so people don't show up when the course isn't open.

I drive a Audi A4 with KW V1 coilovers on it. The ride height is significantly lower than stock (not "slammed") and I have no trouble with the gravel road for the last 1/2 mile to the track even loaded with RC stuff. The most severe section is smaller than a standard speed bump and it's at the transition of the pavement to the gravel.

It's true the track can be challenging to find the first time you go but it's not hard. The maps on the site (once you get your free membership) are excellent and don't leave much room for error. If you do have trouble just call the track and they'll guide you in. That's what we did the first time.

If I'm out there when you guys go run I'll gladly corner marshall for you again.

Last edited by t0adman; 08-19-2008 at 03:17 PM.
Old 08-18-2008, 06:07 PM
Tech Elite

I'll do what I did for the Pro Series event we hosted, I'll waive our membership requirement for the slash tour for anyone that thinks they'll only be coming out for the slash meet only ever.

But anyone that thinks they may join us on other meets you might as well take a couple minutes to become a member on our website area52rc.com.

Just email me or call me for an address or map, i'll gladly give it.
The address for some reason only gets you there with google map.

I'll also put a link on our signup page of our website for signup with RCSignup.com for our slash date if it happens, its one option to let organizers know you're down for it but you'll need to set up a racer account with them first, Wes is on there I see along with many more if you look at Washington racers.

Last edited by Leopard1; 08-18-2008 at 08:31 PM.
Old 08-18-2008, 06:30 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Leopard1
I'll do what I did for the Pro Series event we hosted, I'll waive our membership requirement for the slash tour for anyone that thinks they'll only be coming out for the slash meet ever.

But anyone that thinks they may join us on other meets you might as well take a couple minutes to become a member on our website area52rc.com.

Just email me or call me for an address or map, i'll gladly give it.
The address for some reason only gets you there with google map.

I'll also put a link on our signup page of our website for signup with RCSignup.com for our slash date if it happens, its one option to let organizers know you're down for it but you'll need to set up a racer account with them first, Wes is on there I see along with many more if you look at Washington racers.
just signed up. very simple and easy.... Thanks
Old 08-26-2008, 02:17 PM
Suspended

If anyone needs a clear body for their Slash we got in the clear Proline Hardcore body for the Slash at Hobbytown Everett. Got a big stack of them.

Also got the Slayers last week..things looks great, itching for an electric conversion. I might have to dump the eRevo and convert a Slayer.
Old 08-26-2008, 02:55 PM
Tech Elite

so anymore news on getting the slash series going? would love to do it before weather starts getting bad.
Old 08-26-2008, 06:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

If anyone needs a clear body for their Slash we got in the clear Proline Hardcore body for the Slash at Hobbytown Everett. Got a big stack of them.

Also got the Slayers last week..things looks great, itching for an electric conversion. I might have to dump the eRevo and convert a Slayer.
what battery would that convert take
Old 08-27-2008, 08:43 AM
Suspended

so anymore news on getting the slash series going? would love to do it before weather starts getting bad.
We're running out of time, seriously. We need to get something going soon, we're thinking of it looking something like this.

J+S Hobbies #1
Area52 #2
TRCR #3
Mikes RC World #4

This will allow us to run two indoors, hopefully during the bad part of the year.

I don't know if there is time to get this going and fit in two out door races however. We're running out of time and other clubs already have weekends scheduled. I am also not entirely convinced starting a race series for these is the best idea, we might be taking the Slash too seriously already.

what battery would that convert take
Ritchie, I converted a 3.3 Revo and looking at the Slayer I think I could it the very same way. I ended up using a Thunderpower 4S 5000mah battery. Tekno makes a battery mount that replaces the fuel tank area with a derlin plate; I think you could easily adapt it to work with the Slayer since the chassis looks almost the same. I am also thinking of doing the transmission the same way and using a e-maxx transmission like I did with my Revo.
Old 08-27-2008, 08:47 AM
Tech Elite

Well if that is the case, like i said before..... 4Seasons is indoors and they have a very big slash class of averaging 12-14 slashes every thursday night so there is another facility to consider. But let's get this thing rolling cause ECT is right around the corner and will be running Slash in that as well.

We're running out of time, seriously. We need to get something going soon, we're thinking of it looking something like this.

J+S Hobbies #1
Area52 #2
TRCR #3
Mikes RC World #4

This will allow us to run two indoors, hopefully during the bad part of the year.

I don't know if there is time to get this going and fit in two out door races however. We're running out of time and other clubs already have weekends scheduled. I am also not entirely convinced starting a race series for these is the best idea, we might be taking the Slash too seriously already.

Ritchie, I converted a 3.3 Revo and looking at the Slayer I think I could it the very same way. I ended up using a Thunderpower 4S 5000mah battery. Tekno makes a battery mount that replaces the fuel tank area with a derlin plate; I think you could easily adapt it to work with the Slayer since the chassis looks almost the same. I am also thinking of doing the transmission the same way and using a e-maxx transmission like I did with my Revo.
Old 08-27-2008, 09:22 AM
Tech Elite

We're down, book us for Sep 13th if you want.

We got dirt being delivered today so we can tweak and gear the track a bit more to the slash and it should be fun

I like to see a dozen or better of em rippin it up.

As far as the slash tour getting too serious, not if the tour never gets too RULED UP or maybe dont even run timed races, just have fun bash meets .... everyone group up at the start/finish, someone say GO and start the stop watch for 5min ... sure theres no winner or loser but so what. If you run real timed races though just keep it fun with very minimal rules.
Old 08-27-2008, 09:32 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Leopard1
We're down, book us for Sep 13th if you want.

We got dirt being delivered today so we can tweak and gear the track a bit more to the slash and it should be fun

I like to see a dozen or better of em rippin it up.

As far as the slash tour getting too serious, not if the tour never gets too RULED UP or maybe dont even run timed races, just have fun bash meets .... everyone group up at the start/finish, someone say GO and start the stop watch for 5min ... sure theres no winner or loser but so what. If you run real timed races though just keep it fun with very minimal rules.
We run 5-7 min heats and here are the rules we run with:
* box stock (only thing you can change is) shock oil, shock caps, gearing, and reciever.
* bump to pass ( so you can't just pass someone, you physically have to hit them to pass )
* no track cutting
* no restarts
* TQ starts in the back of the field.

I will talk with the owner tomorrow to make sure that it's a go. i will let you know either tomorrow night or friday.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.