Wiki Posts
Search

NW Indoor Championship Race #2 at Peel-It Raceway Nov 17-19th

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2006, 06:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Anthony.L
Yup, I was going to correct Fred. Micro missed the last qual and Korey layed it down. It will be fun watching Korey, Travis, and Darren duke it out tomorrow.
Engage transmission, slowly let out the clutch, and then open mouth or keyboard.
Old 11-19-2006, 07:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by C_O_jones
Great racing this weekend.
Who wuda thunk you could have an outdoor track on carpet and indoors!!
The Saturday Peel It crew did well with reg and tech, thanks guys!!!
The racing was a blast, thanks to all that made it possible.
Fred
Ditto on that!!
Thanks to Dougie Bobby & the Peel-It crew for making it happen...
Thanks to Micro-Peel, Sushi & Darren for layin' ALOT of the 'groove' down; that whole MOD class was fun to watch
Thanks to BB for the Monkey Spanker support- for a minute there I thought Ant had you on the ropes!!

I'm definitely awaiting more action on the RUG .......
Old 11-19-2006, 08:32 PM
Tech Master

Thanks Doug you did a great job! Thanks Eddie for providing the great facility!
Thanks to all the racers for a great time and all the give and take this weekend!

See you all in 3 weeks in tri citys!
Old 11-19-2006, 08:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I had a blast at this race... even though mod was a little heated at times! But the track is awesome, the racing was awesome, and my car was AMAZING!!!! I posted my setup on the Xray setup sheet database if anyone wants a look see. Thanks Eddie for hosting the race, Thanks Doug for running the race!

-Korey
Old 11-19-2006, 09:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Did I say somemwhere that PARAGON ROCKS! It's my slightly biased opinion that it's the best. While the grip still altered some in an 8 minute run, it still had tons more consistent traction then the pretenders. Trav said the touring cars changed up a bit too. I found on my car the gray rears and dual comp's in the front (CRC tires) worked very well. I had 8 minutes of the same kind of traction. A1 & A2 pushed a bit, but I nailed it for A3. Kudos' to Ant Knee for "bringin' it" in 19 12th. I am sure that we'll continue this battle a few more times. The CRC Gen X is definitely desireable. Thanks to JB & Mike for the MS Team efforts. Jag & Mark... nice to meet you guys. Jacko; another wonderful preformance. Ron! Nice job as well.

Trav; like I said... you made that sh*% look good! Korey; awesome job on the dual tq's & the W in 19t. Chris Perry proving he can still ruff up the kids from time to time, but Adam takes the gold in stock. Anders looked grumpy as he wins stock foam, but was denied rubber. Tom takes a pair of brides' maid's in the 27 single classes.

Doug: you were awesome! You called traffic for a not only second & the leader, but you were fair and consistent about it. You didn't fill the mic with a bunce of nonsence, but informative useful info. You stuck the clock, but didn't run a militia style race. You were aces with the hand you were dealt!

Peel - It; you guys have a good facility. I hope that you can refine it and make a carpet track worth racing for many years to come. Obviuosly, some support from racers and the facility are needed to make that happen, but you have a great start.

I am getting rev'ed up for the Westcoast leg already.

Good luck to those heading over to Cleveland... bring it home!
Old 11-19-2006, 11:16 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by peter_robinson
i would like to personally apologize for mike phillips incompetence when it came to the race this weekend. there is really no excuse for not showing up on time to open the track for everyone (of course he has problems showing up on time for 11am opening on weekdays ) . if i hadnt had prior plans not allowing me to be there, maybe i could have helped out. but myself, garrett, and jenkins (not empoylees of peel-it raceway mind you) did setup the track in one night becuase the peel-it employees were busy tuning and wrenching on their off-road gas cars for whatever reason, in the days leading up to the NWICS race

the printer was supposed to be bought the night before, the entries should have been ready for when doug got there, the timing bridge was supposed to be done the night before... not too much to ask really...

all anyone wanted was for him to just do his job, but i guess if its not offroad, and its not gas, then he doesnt care

i would also really like to thank doug from SIR for stepping in and doing the job, without him there wouldnt have been a race!

hope everyone liked the track and had a good time!

big suprise!!!! NOT

Last edited by STARSCREAM; 11-20-2006 at 12:18 AM.
Old 11-20-2006, 05:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Just wanted to say thanks to Eddie and the Brood crew for getting things done. The carpet is awesome! I also agree with BB, Paragon is awesome for traction! much better than any other compound that I have used. Special thanks to Doug for coming up north and taking on the day to day of running the race, you did an excellent job sir!

Looking forward to the points series coming up later next month at Peel it.

See everyone at Tri cities.

-B
Old 11-20-2006, 10:25 AM
Tech Master

Thanks guy's,
I hope you all had a great time. I know i did.
You guy's all did a awesome job. Some really fun and close race's, anytime you need an announcer or director let me know.
Old 11-20-2006, 02:53 PM
Tech Adept

I just wanted to thank everyone for being so helpful to us Canadains, and the great debate with Doug about if we actually do say "eh".

Also I want the thank a few people personally for helping me out so much...

Brian thanks for helping me get my 1/12 scale running, for my first time it wasn;t oo bad, but I am hooked now!

Garret thanks for giving me some hints for the mad rip!

Anthony thanks for saving my ass with that bountiful parts supply

Travis thanks for taking the time with us, that was pretty fun grillling you with questions and congrats again on the baby. PM me so we can discuss your possible trip up North...

Doug, thanks for calling the race, you always do a great job, see you in the loops

And the Peel It crew, thanks for all the help and letting us stay a little late to wrench...

Oh and Peter you better drag out the rest of the team and come out for our offroad nats this year, I will keep you informed of when and where.

oops almost forgot!! Last but not least here is the link to the video of Mike M running his TA-05 on the offroad track.

http://media.putfile.com/RC-Offroad-Touring
Old 11-20-2006, 03:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 6g72tt
Man you canucks are a hoot! That was the highlight of the weekend seeing that Sat night after a long day.

I'm going to try and make loops since Doug is going up to announce the race.
Old 11-20-2006, 04:51 PM
Tech Adept

Man you canucks are a hoot! That was the highlight of the weekend seeing that Sat night after a long day.

I'm going to try and make loops since Doug is going up to announce the race.
Yeah you should come up, it is a well run race and with doug it will be that much better!

Also by then I should be able to make you work a little for that 1/12 scale win, if not I am sure keith will be up to the task.
Old 11-20-2006, 05:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 6g72tt
Yeah you should come up, it is a well run race and with doug it will be that much better!

Also by then I should be able to make you work a little for that 1/12 scale win, if not I am sure keith will be up to the task.
It would great to have more competition in 1/12, really a fun class and glad to see more people getting into it.

Doug is excited about calling the loops race and will certainly add to the event.

It really is a shame we didn't have Doug for the NWIC race #1, would had made the event so much better.
Old 11-20-2006, 06:06 PM
Tech Adept

It would great to have more competition in 1/12, really a fun class and glad to see more people getting into it.

Doug is excited about calling the loops race and will certainly add to the event.

It really is a shame we didn't have Doug for the NWIC race #1, would had made the event so much better.
Yeah I really enjoyed 1/12, it was hard to go back to my touring car after since they handle quite different, or maybe it was that i kept fiddling with my 12 scale and never bothered to get a setup for my mod car. The reason i got into it is that the class is exploding up here and it allot of fun.
Old 11-21-2006, 08:28 AM
DMH
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I would like to say thanks to all the people who helped me out over the weekend. I had the most fun racing at Peel-it , I have ever had. Thamks to Doug for calling the race he added a lot of emotion to the race. Thanks also to the R/C Plus gang for there hlp and tips on getting things going faster. See all you in Tri-Citys, Jason
Old 11-21-2006, 11:45 AM
Tech Master

Jason, sent you a private mail...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.