Search
Like Tree173Likes

Galaxy RC Racers - Lynnwood, WA

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2023, 06:30 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by pacman808
Hi There
My name is William I've already registered for GT1 and Mini. This will be my first time racing at your event. Me and few fellow Canadians will be traveling from Vancouver BC to race TCS.
I understand that you have stated Ride Spec tires for Mini, But it has been difficult to source Ride Mini tires. Is it possible to use Tamiya M-Slicks and M Super Radial tires for the event? If I get DQ's for Mini for not using the the spec tires, I am ok with that, as I would still like to race the M-Chassis class.

Thank you

William
Good morning,

Mini tires, unlike say GT tires, are fully defined Per Tamiya. Per the TCS rules there are 3 types of tires that you can use for the M Chassis:
• Item 26301 RC M-Chassis Pre-Glued Tires 60mm Ride SC-33M 2pcs• Item 54995 RC 60D Super Radial Tires/Soft 2pcs-with Any Tamiya M-chassis wheel & insert. • Item 54999 RC 60D Super Radial Tires/Hard 2pcs-with Any Tamiya M-chassis wheel & insert.
Unfortunately the club does not stock any of these, we only stock the GT tire, but I understand the super radials are much easier to come by then the Ride tires. Hope you are able to find what you need and see you Sunday!

​​​​​​​I may still have a stockpile of the older super radials tires and foam in one of my boxes so I will try to bring those along in case it is helpful to someone.

Thank you,
Collin
Old 07-11-2023, 06:37 AM
Tech Adept

Default TCS Location

I know this is stated all over the TCS entry form and such, but just to be clear here as well for any newcomers, the track location is not at the Broadway Hobbies store location, we race at Edmonds Woodway High School 7600 212th St SW Edmonds WA 98026. The track itself is in the back parking lot closest to 216th street, across from the hospital, and near the tennis courts.

C
Old 07-12-2023, 01:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default TCS Time?

Thinking through when to arrive; what time do you expect the track to be open for some practice laps?
Thanks.
Old 07-13-2023, 08:09 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Dread Pirate
Thinking through when to arrive; what time do you expect the track to be open for some practice laps?
Thanks.
I am hoping to do concourse shortly after 10am and then be able to open the track for a bit with racing starting close to 11, but we will see how setup actually goes. We have some noise limitations that prevent blower use to clean off the track until later in the morning, but I think we can get a jump on the other things. If it was me, I would show up by 9 to get a spot and setup my things.
Old 07-14-2023, 07:03 PM
Tech Adept

Hi All,

Prizes arrived today as planned from TamiyaUSA and Lou will be bringing the boxes down from the shop for us. If things go as planned on Saturday evening a couple of us will go over and do a little track pre-prep work to make things a bit easier on Sunday. On Sunday we are hoping to have the trailer there before 8am so we can start setting up. We are shooting to have registration open as early as we can and are going to try to have concourse and group pictures starting at 10 if all goes well. We will allow a little bit of practice time before things kick off, but not a lot as we have a huge number (85) of preregistered entries plus we usually have some folks drop in. If you have questions feel free to post them here or send a DM, just know that as of Sunday morning odds are we will not see them as things will be very busy. The weather is looking amazing for the day so plan accordingly. Also, Shawn will be bringing some soda from Tabletop Root Beer Shop if you want to try something from his cooler, it will probably run $3 a bottle. It is going to be a fun day!

C
Old 07-21-2023, 06:44 AM
Tech Adept

Hi all, just a reminder that we swapped racing on 7/23 for 7/30 so that we did not have back-to-back the weekend after TCS, so no race this Sunday, see you on 7/30.
Old 07-22-2023, 12:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Is there going to be a writeup of the TCS anywhere online or even results posted? Thanks!

Steve

Old 07-22-2023, 08:31 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by corallyman
Is there going to be a writeup of the TCS anywhere online or even results posted? Thanks!

Steve
we’re most active on our Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/galaxyrcracers

we’ve got results posted there but generally don’t post them here because rctech is a bit weird with attachments and makes it harder than any of us have the energy to overcome. The FB page is public so you don’t need an account to view it.
Old 07-22-2023, 10:52 AM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Steve
Here you go Steve 2023 Galaxy TCS result
https://rcscoringpro.com/events/20008/
Old 07-28-2023, 09:43 PM
Tech Adept

The weather is looking good for this Sunday, hope to see you at the track. Setup starts a bit before 9am.
Old 07-28-2023, 09:45 PM
Tech Adept

Steve
You know I have never thought of really doing this. Is it something people would like to see?
OVA likes this.
Old 07-30-2023, 11:34 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Allkair
You know I have never thought of really doing this. Is it something people would like to see?
I do
Old 07-30-2023, 11:36 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Sunday Club Races July 30- 2023
https://rcscoringpro.com/events/20062/
Allkair likes this.
Old 08-15-2023, 03:42 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Aug 13 Sunday Races
https://rcscoringpro.com/events/20111/
Old 08-16-2023, 09:53 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by OVA
Thank you for posting the results link. Racing on Sunday 8/13 was a nice light day before the heat of this week rolled in. GT2 was the dominate class with fantastic racing for the top spots. While Wes had a lock on 1st for through day there was serious competition for the rest of the spots on the podium and also a great showing in the B main from Tony to get a spot in the A. F1, Novice, and Mini also had some great racing during the day. Personally, I was excited to get my M08 out on the track for the first time and start working on getting it under control. 8/27 will be our next race, setup starting at 9am. This is the last race currently confirmed, with 9/3, and 9/17 still in pending status with the district. With the holiday and to keep from being back-to-back we may pass on 9/3, but we will see. 9/30 will be the House of Fire car show which is a fun day of talking with folks that may be interested in racing and joining us in 2024. This winter we may look to setup some Mini Z racing, if you are interested let me know. Hope to see lots of folks on 8/27.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.