Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northeast Racing Forum
Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT. >

Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT.

Like Tree21Likes

Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT.

Old 12-16-2010, 04:08 AM
  #13261  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
taco94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Conn.
Posts: 1,118
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RCHR Racer
Suga Buga ! You made me proud !!
Brandon!!! What you been doing lately, man? I haven't seen you there in a while.
taco94 is offline  
Old 12-16-2010, 04:35 AM
  #13262  
Tech Elite
 
RCHR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,490
Default

Originally Posted by jaron_cc
Yes Brandon you should return and announce more often.......
+1
RCHR is offline  
Old 12-16-2010, 05:33 AM
  #13263  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (13)
 
tecniquin2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 2,941
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default JConcepts Barcodes - Blue Compound...

I tried a set of JC Barcodes in blue compound for the first time last night, and they worked awesome. They are softer than Pink BKs but harder than DDs, forward bite is slightly less than the BKs, but side bite in my opinion is comparable to BKs. They are considerably more forgiving than BKs when you drift out of the groove.

I tried them unbalanced and w/out tire grip when the track was dusty and they still worked really good. When the track was swept and traction came up, I used tire compound and they worked even better.

Add these tires to the growing list of tires that will work at RCHR.
tecniquin2001 is offline  
Old 12-16-2010, 06:56 AM
  #13264  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (56)
 
CCristo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Millbury, MA
Posts: 1,495
Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)
Default

Freddy,

JC will soon release a Barcode 2.0 tire that is an exact BK clone. Initially they will be available in green, but other compounds will follow. I think they will work very well at RCHR. They also have a new 2wd front tire called "the rips" that is a 3 rib and Carver front SC tire.
CCristo is offline  
Old 12-16-2010, 06:59 AM
  #13265  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (110)
 
tschenck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Willow Spring NC
Posts: 2,729
Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by CCristo
Freddy,

JC will soon release a Barcode 2.0 tire that is an exact BK clone. Initially they will be available in green, but other compounds will follow. I think they will work very well at RCHR. They also have a new 2wd front tire called "the rips" that is a 3 rib and Carver front SC tire.
I am really liking barcodes on my short course but will be getting a set of carvers when they are released. Really going away from the sc style but we have already made them into basically stretched stadium trucks anyways.
tschenck is offline  
Old 12-16-2010, 07:24 AM
  #13266  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (17)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Newhaven ***RCHR***
Posts: 2,426
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Hey Mark when are you expecting the Molded foams??
jaron_cc is offline  
Old 12-16-2010, 08:01 AM
  #13267  
Tech Master
iTrader: (2)
 
RCHR Racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: WEST Coast for Life!
Posts: 1,719
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jaron_cc
Yes Brandon you should return and announce more often.......
I will ! I actually enjoy just watching you guys! It was fun
RCHR Racer is offline  
Old 12-16-2010, 08:04 AM
  #13268  
Tech Master
iTrader: (2)
 
RCHR Racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: WEST Coast for Life!
Posts: 1,719
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by taco94
Brandon!!! What you been doing lately, man? I haven't seen you there in a while.
What's up Derek! I actually sold all my stuff cause I hit a financial difficulty. But I'll still be around, if u hand me your car for a week Ill set it up and show you how to take down a win with it
RCHR Racer is offline  
Old 12-16-2010, 08:30 AM
  #13269  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (35)
 
t0p_sh0tta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 4,863
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

As long as the track is dry, I really like Barcodes. Nice forward bite, and they still let the car get a rotate in the corners.

Double Dee's are stuck to the track, and I don't like the feel of them until they wear down in the center pretty good. Same thing with Flipouts. I ran the entire Grand Prix on an almost bald set.

I've used Gold Barcodes, and they're inconsistent in the turns, but decent under power. I have a set of blues that I've yet to glue up, and I'd like to see these Barcode 2.0 tires as well.

Have any of you guys run Losi's red compound? Noticeable difference over the pink at our track? Which do you prefer?
t0p_sh0tta is offline  
Old 12-16-2010, 08:53 AM
  #13270  
Tech Elite
 
RCHR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,490
Default

Originally Posted by jaron_cc
Hey Mark when are you expecting the Molded foams??
A week or so, both Great Planes and Horizon Hobby are out of stock currently and expecting them within a couple days.
RCHR is offline  
Old 12-16-2010, 08:53 AM
  #13271  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (13)
 
tecniquin2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 2,941
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by t0p_sh0tta
As long as the track is dry, I really like Barcodes. Nice forward bite, and they still let the car get a rotate in the corners.

Double Dee's are stuck to the track, and I don't like the feel of them until they wear down in the center pretty good. Same thing with Flipouts. I ran the entire Grand Prix on an almost bald set.

I've used Gold Barcodes, and they're inconsistent in the turns, but decent under power. I have a set of blues that I've yet to glue up, and I'd like to see these Barcode 2.0 tires as well.

Have any of you guys run Losi's red compound? Noticeable difference over the pink at our track? Which do you prefer?
Red compound is hard as heck, you would really need to flame and compound after every run. If you ran them as is, they'll feel like driving on ice....

Last edited by tecniquin2001; 12-16-2010 at 09:10 AM.
tecniquin2001 is offline  
Old 12-16-2010, 09:54 AM
  #13272  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (35)
 
t0p_sh0tta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 4,863
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Red is softer than pink.

t0p_sh0tta is offline  
Old 12-16-2010, 11:26 AM
  #13273  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (13)
 
tecniquin2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 2,941
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Hey Lamar,

I have a set of almost new set of Red Bks mounted on B4 wheels that you can try, they are sitting on the shelf where the rest of my tires are, they are marked on the inside of the wheel.

If you want to try them with some compound on them go for it, I'm not going to be using them.
tecniquin2001 is offline  
Old 12-16-2010, 11:38 AM
  #13274  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (12)
 
sst4nbr1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: CT
Posts: 819
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tecniquin2001
Hey Lamar,

I have a set of almost new set of Red Bks mounted on B4 wheels that you can try, they are sitting on the shelf where the rest of my tires are, they are marked on the inside of the wheel.

If you want to try them with some compound on them go for it, I'm not going to be using them.
if he is not interested,, i run reds,, and my car uses b4 wheels!
sst4nbr1 is offline  
Old 12-16-2010, 11:43 AM
  #13275  
Tech Master
iTrader: (2)
 
RCHR Racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: WEST Coast for Life!
Posts: 1,719
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tecniquin2001
Hey Lamar,

I have a set of almost new set of Red Bks mounted on B4 wheels that you can try, they are sitting on the shelf where the rest of my tires are, they are marked on the inside of the wheel.

If you want to try them with some compound on them go for it, I'm not going to be using them.

I had pink and red for the RB5, rED HAD NO FORWARD BITE OR SIDE BITE WHATSOEVER, as soon as I used pink, I had more grip. Some sites show Red as softer, and other show them as Harder....If you feel them out of the package , Pink is tackier and softer than red
RCHR Racer is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 1.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.