Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northeast Racing Forum
Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT. >

Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT.

Like Tree21Likes

Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT.

Old 12-23-2010, 03:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)

anyone going to LIR on Sunday?
Old 12-23-2010, 04:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default short course 500 lap enduro

for all interested, RCE is having there 2nd annual 500 lap short course enduro on jan. 2-i raced it last year and it was a ton of fun, they hold a regular club race following i believe

http://rcexcitement.handruin.com/index.php?topic=8640.0
Old 12-23-2010, 09:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Raul Garcia
anyone going to LIR on Sunday?
What are they doing Sunday? Larry and I just got our asses handed to us at RCE.
Old 12-23-2010, 10:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by t0p_sh0tta
ummm, racing on sunday!! hopefully if raul gets a sunday pass from his wife we are going!!!
Old 12-23-2010, 10:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Special race, or just their regular Sunday affair? From what I remember, Friday is supposed to be their "busy" day.

I'd like to run SC down there, but my batteries are too manly...
Old 12-23-2010, 10:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Special race, or just their regular Sunday affair? From what I remember, Friday is supposed to be their "busy" day.

I'd like to run SC down there, but my batteries are too manly...
regular day, but they have the layout down for the jconcepts race
Old 12-24-2010, 06:23 AM
Tech Regular

Default did i hear this right?!?!?!

the guy who stays in the back room ,who gives directions and race schedules to curious racers ,who instructs racers to put "pink pistons","pink bk bars",and "pink springs",on thier "rears",who's constantly tuning suffered another debacle? not a good sign for the new year! "get at me dogg!"
Old 12-24-2010, 06:48 AM
Tech Elite

Have a Merry Christmas from us at RCHR.
Old 12-24-2010, 08:50 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thedoc329
for all interested, RCE is having there 2nd annual 500 lap short course enduro on jan. 2-i raced it last year and it was a ton of fun, they hold a regular club race following i believe

http://rcexcitement.handruin.com/index.php?topic=8640.0

Anyone interested in getting a team together?
Old 12-24-2010, 10:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by gottahaveit
Anyone interested in getting a team together?
hmmmmm,, im thinking!!!!
Old 12-24-2010, 12:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by glacius
the guy who stays in the back room ,who gives directions and race schedules to curious racers ,who instructs racers to put "pink pistons","pink bk bars",and "pink springs",on thier "rears",who's constantly tuning suffered another debacle? not a good sign for the new year! "get at me dogg!"
Yes I made the A in buggy and truck and dropped out buggy cuz i was having some issues with my Buggy..... But never the less i had fun and Steve Richardson, Me getting beat up on only makes me better and puts YOU further away from EVER being on the same lap pace with me, I would have invited you but it's a bit cold in there and i didn't want you running around doing push ups and pull ups and squat thrust looking like a damn fool like you do at RCHR...Fake ass Winter Olympics.....
Old 12-24-2010, 03:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jaron_cc
Yes I made the A in buggy and truck and dropped out buggy cuz i was having some issues with my Buggy..... But never the less i had fun and Steve Richardson, Me getting beat up on only makes me better and puts YOU further away from EVER being on the same lap pace with me, I would have invited you but it's a bit cold in there and i didn't want you running around doing push ups and pull ups and squat thrust looking like a damn fool like you do at RCHR...Fake ass Winter Olympics.....
Larry, thanks for coming down. We all need to do more of this cross track racing.

We have a Kyosho team guy (Jimmy) that I was play racing with in the main. Once he gets his car dialed in he will have some setups for you to try at RCE.

It is nice to have 2 tracks to race at that are so different setup wise.
Old 12-24-2010, 04:26 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jeel
Larry, thanks for coming down. We all need to do more of this cross track racing.

We have a Kyosho team guy (Jimmy) that I was play racing with in the main. Once he gets his car dialed in he will have some setups for you to try at RCE.

It is nice to have 2 tracks to race at that are so different setup wise.
Thanks Lopes, Jim is a awesome dude he gave my buddy Brandon a set up prior to the gobbler that work awesome, actually it was ten times better than last night... When i went to the Big Bores i had to retune it for my home track but i look forward to returning very soon thanks again....
Old 12-24-2010, 06:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jaron_cc
Thanks Lopes, Jim is a awesome dude he gave my buddy Brandon a set up prior to the gobbler that work awesome, actually it was ten times better than last night... When i went to the Big Bores i had to retune it for my home track but i look forward to returning very soon thanks again....
You may want to try the car without the big bores when you come up here, I tried the big bores for my car and absolutely hated them, you simply don't need them on such a smooth track. At RCHR I'd probably run them because there is such a pitted surface, but for RCE, with the higher speed jumps and smoother surface, you'll want the quick pack of a smaller bore shock.

If I were you I'd build up the stock shocks to keep for whenever you come up here, something like 25 or 27 all around with 3Bs would probably get you close.
Old 12-24-2010, 08:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by xtraman122
You may want to try the car without the big bores when you come up here, I tried the big bores for my car and absolutely hated them, you simply don't need them on such a smooth track. At RCHR I'd probably run them because there is such a pitted surface, but for RCE, with the higher speed jumps and smoother surface, you'll want the quick pack of a smaller bore shock.

If I were you I'd build up the stock shocks to keep for whenever you come up here, something like 25 or 27 all around with 3Bs would probably get you close.
Your so correct about that, I Hated them first time out like there too plush and smooth.. Up at your track i was all over the place cuz your track is so smooth the car felt like a pillow.. I hate to have $160 of shock's sitting in my box so i just made them work but at my track there pretty cool when i get the red rear springs it should be golden at RCHR but i can't be aggressive at all with them, the standard shocks really allow me to push harder and be aggressive... But i swear i was thinking about setting up my old ones for the trip but i came straight from work sucks.....

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 1.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.