Community
Wiki Posts
Search

top 10 nitro tourers

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2005, 10:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well no-one here has raced the MTX-4 yet as our race season has finished. There is one guy that races a FW05-RR and it seemed quite quick but he was only in what we called our b-grade guys and he was about 4 laps off my pace in 6 minutes with the MTX-3 so i am not really sure but he does seem to like it.
Old 01-01-2006, 03:04 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Corse-R
For me, until I'll put on the track my MTX, my best car is the MTX3. On the past I've driven others like NTC3 (a blast, but delicate in too many aspects - leave of using because 'polithical matters'...).

Yokomo GT-4w was hot, but their time passed very quickly.

I'll plan to put on the track my new acquisition probably next weekend, probably I'll change my thinking, but one thing is for sure, for me (IMHO) the best car out there is a Mugen.
WELCOME back my friend
Old 01-01-2006, 01:31 PM
Tech Initiate

I still like the the FT tc3 it may be a little fragile but any car has the potential to brake if you crash. All of the local guys have switched to the mt3,4 but I still give them hell with my ntc3 the only thing that has change is those guys crash more because they believe the mugen is built like a tank.
Old 01-01-2006, 03:46 PM
Tech Adept

thats good to hear about the RR.

So ill be apart of RR DOMINATION at our track
Old 01-02-2006, 08:01 AM
jag
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ChApS
good point but if they had a better car they are goin to be faster

I agree with Rookie Solara. The drivers that Kyosho have could win with any of the top cars. My guess is that they race for Kyosho because of $$$. Kyosho is one of the biggest RC companies in the world so they have the resources. Don't misunderstand me, I think the RRR is one of the best cars available but I prefer the 710. I think the quality of the Serpent is better than any other car and the adjustability is limitless.
Old 01-02-2006, 08:12 AM
jag
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ChApS
Yeah I suppose the FW-05RR would be my choice.
SLO-MTX4 does any Fw-05RR race were you are if so how competitive is it against the MTX4 in you're appinion
The guy that has won the last 2 club races at my track drives an FW-05R. We have Serpents (710), Mugens (MTX-3 & 4), Kyoshos (RRR & 05R), Team Associated (TC3) and a few others. His car works very well at our track but he also puts in the most practice time. His car is not better than mine, he has just been driving better.

Get what you like and what you can get parts for. They are all good cars.
Old 01-02-2006, 08:30 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jag
Get what you like and what you can get parts for. They are all good cars.
Agree 101% in that point. No matter how good is a car if you cannot get a spare part trackside or easily. The best car in those conditions is the worst car.
Old 01-02-2006, 03:01 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks for the smart thinking and for the replies.
Old 01-02-2006, 04:26 PM
Tech Regular

You have debated this topic in a very intelectual way. I think the car you choose should e the one you have most experience with or someone you know has experience tunnig. In your case you will progress much faster if you jump into the FW05RR as the mechanics and setups will vary alot less than changing to a completely diff car. Plus you have the parts support. I like my FW05RR, not to be biased but it runs nicely up there with the other cars and where I run there are alot of fast people running every car you can imagine. In the A Main you may see Kyosho RRR, MTX3 & 4's, Associated and even Shumacher. And I dabble in the A main with them on my good days. I still need more time learning to tune my car, but the sweet spot is quiet large and my set-up right now varies little from track to track.

Good luck w/ the car you choose but it seems to me you know what you want and the posts are saying pretty much what you expected to hear.

Cheers,
Havy
Old 01-02-2006, 10:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by havy
You have debated this topic in a very intelectual way. I think the car you choose should e the one you have most experience with or someone you know has experience tunnig. In your case you will progress much faster if you jump into the FW05RR as the mechanics and setups will vary alot less than changing to a completely diff car. Plus you have the parts support. I like my FW05RR, not to be biased but it runs nicely up there with the other cars and where I run there are alot of fast people running every car you can imagine. In the A Main you may see Kyosho RRR, MTX3 & 4's, Associated and even Shumacher. And I dabble in the A main with them on my good days. I still need more time learning to tune my car, but the sweet spot is quiet large and my set-up right now varies little from track to track.

Good luck w/ the car you choose but it seems to me you know what you want and the posts are saying pretty much what you expected to hear.
I Dont think it could have been said any better. You have to go with what you know and what you feel is right for you my friend. What feels good to me and anyone else on the forums might not feel good to you. So the best advice we can give you is go with what you are comfortable with.

Cheers Daniel
Old 01-03-2006, 03:08 PM
Tech Adept

thanks alot for the advice. from what you say i thought about it and the RR would be a good choice as i know my way around it i have spares also i already know the style and so and so on.

GOOD LUCK NEXT SEASON EVERYBODY
Old 01-04-2006, 12:43 AM
Tech Initiate

Hey man(ChApS) you should deffinatly get the RR you were doing some blistering times with my RR.You left the other pro kits for dead. You were a bit under a second off my pace.
Old 01-04-2006, 09:10 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Just don't get misleaded.......KYOSHO is not newbie, they were world champion when I was playing matchbox car (fantom series) They are 1 of the richest RC mfr in the world, of course, they can afford to send out a group of 20 plus TEAM/REGION Driver for the last year WORLD and get 7 (or 8..?) at the A-main....when you have more then 70% of the cars are from Kyosho, other chassis will have only 30% of chance to win....

Overall, if FW is what you want, that is the car for you........and FW is indeed a top ranked RC car by today standard, just a little older, but still competitive.
Old 01-04-2006, 09:28 AM
Jye
Tech Regular

www.brooklynhobbies.com v one rrr wce 399.99. cant beat that. if your not lookin to spend much on engine, www.rc-toro.com get the os .12tz and pipe combo for 260. damn good 650bucks in my opinion. sorry if this was off topic but 399 v one rrr, worth posting
Old 01-05-2006, 11:08 PM
Tech Adept

Yeah i was planning on purchasing a 12 3port TZ any way they are a great engine for the price you pay.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.