Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 07:47 AM
Tech Regular

I have a G4+EVO and in comparison to my RRR they are on the same level. I dont think the G4RS would be much different. all the parts in the G4 line are Interchangeable
Old 05-18-2009, 04:48 AM
Tech Rookie

thanks for the replies i just got mine 2nd hand. cant wait to test it soon.
Old 05-18-2009, 04:20 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Isyutaru
thanks for the replies i just got mine 2nd hand. cant wait to test it soon.
Excellent , do you have a hudy setup system? if you do than try the Dario Balestri set up you can download it from the TM website http://www.asia-racing-team.com/down...4+%20Setup.pdf and you can adjust it from there on.
Old 05-19-2009, 03:54 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by freestyles
Very true but the 12e was a great motor to learn on. Can't wait to see what the RB has though And the more you talk about this S12X3 the more i want to see how it performs
hey freestyles the engine will be delivered today and the camera I ordered last week should be in sometime by this week I will take pictures of it when I get it, I still have to wait a bit longer for the new G4II. I got it preordered so maybe by the end of the month I should have the new addition to the family.
Old 05-19-2009, 06:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Wolfhobbies have it on pre-order to be shipped end of may !, US$ 439.

Now, just a question, anyone knows if this new G4II will share any parts with G4RS or other prior versions ?

I want to go back to 1/10 onroad racing, but i dont know if wait and get the G4II or just go for a G4RS version,

thanks,

Pat
Old 05-19-2009, 06:45 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

personally i would wait awhile for the new model to be rid of any 'bugs'...
Old 05-19-2009, 09:04 AM
Tech Regular

i believe that no it will not have compatible parts with the rs... its a totaly different platform.
Old 05-19-2009, 02:42 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Tabushi
Wolfhobbies have it on pre-order to be shipped end of may !, US$ 439.

Now, just a question, anyone knows if this new G4II will share any parts with G4RS or other prior versions ?

I want to go back to 1/10 onroad racing, but i dont know if wait and get the G4II or just go for a G4RS version,

thanks,

Pat
I will let you know as soon as I get it, but as far as the frame goes it is a different car.
Old 05-19-2009, 02:45 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by NitroWD
what bugs??? the car is fully adjustable , once you have a nice set up for your track than you are good.
Old 05-19-2009, 02:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NitroWD
LOL... Team Magic still haven't addressed all the bugs with the current platform. You will be waiting awhile with the G4II if you wait for this, they need to keep KFactory busy somehow!

Last edited by Bundy_Bear; 05-20-2009 at 05:07 AM.
Old 05-19-2009, 03:59 PM
Tech Elite

Default Was it just the diff maintenance perhaps?

heya Anthony..

I havent yet explored diff action in detail, seems like good info and will try this in future. Lately all the car's have been fine, gremlins and inexperience gets the better of us and we learn. It only took ignoring a tyre truing session before and a small bump on a straight can throw the car into a fish tail (rear tyre diam too small) hence tyre split was another important lesson learned.

E4 ACTION: Interclub at sunshine coast was a good session for the TMs, Luke ran the LeMans in Gas to get a handle on the track ready for his E4 in Mod on Sun. He really put on a good show in gas and then upped the performance in mod electric with a solid midfield finish and excellent car control. In amongst the likes of Attack, Wier and Broadstock the E4 was a very well grounded car. Negatives such as battery suitablility do not outway the positives of the E4. The rear diff is *TOUCH WOOD* awesome and able to handle even the Novak 3.5's wicked power delivery and the handling / cg / balance of the car is superb. Dont bag the magneto boys, they are closing in..

G4: Still very happy with the GRP engines, but struggled with meshing and spur gears and managing clutch and transmission. Ive switched to metal clutches and mesh my gearing with the first speed spur off and things are looking brighter.

Like someone said earlier, the WC and evo kit upgrades would be nice, need to replace bulkheads etc as screws are stripping, aluminium posts and bulkheads would be nice.

I dont feel I've seen the best out of the 502x chassis, and the g4's are scattered thinly in the garages compared to the likes of Mugen and Kyosho, I am yet to be convinced that it's a "bad" car. It's nice to work on and doesnt fail or fall apart, when it all comes together it's enjoyable to watch out on track.

all good...
Old 05-20-2009, 04:12 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear
LOL... Team Magic still have addressed all the bugs with the current platform. You will be waiting awhile with the G4II if you wait for this, they need to keep KFactory busy somehow!
Really? they have not? Because whether it is my RRR or my NT1 or my G4+EVO they all are great cars. and I cant seem to find the bugs people are talking about. I keep on reading all the post in the kyosho and the Xray and TM posts and there is always a newbie that has a small problem and throws it out of proportion.
Old 05-20-2009, 04:27 AM
Tech Regular

really nice hearing a tm fan
Old 05-20-2009, 05:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aizenbelle
Really? they have not? Because whether it is my RRR or my NT1 or my G4+EVO they all are great cars. and I cant seem to find the bugs people are talking about. I keep on reading all the post in the kyosho and the Xray and TM posts and there is always a newbie that has a small problem and throws it out of proportion.
I have both these cars you have mentioned and they also have issues. The kyosho the steering arm rubs on the servo brace. The Xray the 2 speed springs are too soft and the pivot ball nuts unscrew from the hub.

At the end of the day if they made a perfect car they wouldn't sell any option parts or spare parts and this is what they make money on.

Thanks
BB

Last edited by Bundy_Bear; 05-20-2009 at 02:51 PM.
Old 05-20-2009, 10:16 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear
I have both these cars you have mentioned and they also r spare parts and this is what they make money on.

Thanks

BB
small things really dont bother me nor do i think they affect
my driving. but I understand that most people have extremely high expectations

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.