Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 10:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Can you post your set up for the G4+

You were right SOLARA, i wish i ordered those parts through RCmanufactry as it's been about a week and a half and i still haven't heard anything and haven't even been told when i might expect them from Zauber imports in Australia. At least i know for next time. And apparently his prices are through the roof. If i don't hear anything in the next week i will contact RCmanufactory and just ge them from there. The frustrating thing is is that i only need three little parts to finish building my kit, the other parts are just upgrades and spare parts
Old 10-13-2008, 11:58 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by blis
Add the WC nulkhead kit to a g4+ and you will hopped up to the max with KFacroy. Short of composite ball joints and a few other minor upgrades, g4+ with WC kit is probably the best TM setup available.

Cheers.
ya, best looking car no doubt but may not be the best setup for a medium to low traction track...too stiff according to some.
Old 10-14-2008, 02:55 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by keavze
ya, best looking car no doubt but may not be the best setup for a medium to low traction track...too stiff according to some.
What could you do to compensate a 4mm stiff chassis??
Old 10-14-2008, 08:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by freestyles
Can you post your set up for the G4+

You were right SOLARA, i wish i ordered those parts through RCmanufactry as it's been about a week and a half and i still haven't heard anything and haven't even been told when i might expect them from Zauber imports in Australia. At least i know for next time. And apparently his prices are through the roof. If i don't hear anything in the next week i will contact RCmanufactory and just ge them from there. The frustrating thing is is that i only need three little parts to finish building my kit, the other parts are just upgrades and spare parts
Lets not talk about price, the nightmare about ordering from Hong Kong online shop....at least, you guys know I AM HERE slacking from work and taking care of the TM owners with our support here on rctech. I am on Rctech like 20-30 times per day and you can PM me, email me or some of the G4 and E4 drivers even have my cell number and call me @ 11pm (LOL)....

We (RC Manufactory) not just selling parts, we report the latest TM stuff, explain the stuff we sell, support it...and we always TEST it....

I have to agree...the G4WC should have very little room for improvement. The rest of it....its the DRIVER.
Old 10-14-2008, 01:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hello Solara,

G4WC is very solid. I could use some wheel nuts that stay on though! Cost me a qualifier and the semi at the nats last week. Can't complain though, I had a pretty good car for Ft. Myers, missing wheels and all.

Socko
Old 10-14-2008, 01:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JonnySocko
Hello Solara,

G4WC is very solid. I could use some wheel nuts that stay on though! Cost me a qualifier and the semi at the nats last week. Can't complain though, I had a pretty good car for Ft. Myers, missing wheels and all.

Socko
I was just afriad to ask that "fast exit" at the 1/2 final....by looking at your lap times @ the 1/4 main...you were SMOKING FAST (wtihin 0.3 second to the A-Main)...still, very well done with the G4WC.

Anyhow...go pack those G4WC up and get those E4WC ready...I have my E4RS and E4FS, finally OFF the dust...

P.S...will you be @ IHOBBY this weekend...? Let me know if you are coming..I will be there Friday SAT and SUN @ Schumacher booth.
Old 10-15-2008, 06:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Howard,

Thanks for the support, the car was pretty good. I am getting started on the EP stuff right now. Just club racing for the rest of the year it seems. I will not be at IHobby, too much to do here at the office.

Socko
Old 10-15-2008, 12:04 PM
Tech Adept

Anybody knows how many teeth there are in each belt (front, rear, side)?
Old 10-16-2008, 10:24 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Surprise! Surprise! So Barry Baker is no longer with Team Magic. Boy, didn't see that coming. Team Magic just doesn't get it. Just when you think they're heading in the right direction they prove once again that they haven't got a clue. I guess they're not interested in selling their products stateside. Product support from Wolf is a joke and they refuse to accept any responsibility for product defects. What a group of clowns. I still have a G4RS with a fractured chassis sitting in my garage and I can tell you that its days of racing are done. I refuse to spend $$$ out of my own pocket to replace a chassis made of inferior quality.

I'm back with Kyosho running the RRR Evo 2 and just from a durability and support stand point it can't be beat. There are no gear issues, the car can take an unbelievable amount of punishment, and parts support is 2nd to none. From a performance standpoint the kit is outstanding.

For Barry, I hope he's able to find a home with another sponsor. He seems like a great guy and from some of the posts I've read he's always eager to help anyone in our hobby. I did take him up on his offer to replace my chassis but due to his parting with TM, I can understand why it never arrived. As for you guys still running with TM, best of luck, your gonna need it.

Regards,
Speyederjedi
Old 10-16-2008, 10:39 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

While I like my G4RS, I do have to agree that whoever running Team Magic is clueless beyond recognition.

Sounds like a typical asian business model where the owner pushes whatever he thinks is right instead of listening to its customers .
Old 10-16-2008, 11:03 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Speyederjedi
Surprise! Surprise! So Barry Baker is no longer with Team Magic. Boy, didn't see that coming. Team Magic just doesn't get it. Just when you think they're heading in the right direction they prove once again that they haven't got a clue. I guess they're not interested in selling their products stateside. Product support from Wolf is a joke and they refuse to accept any responsibility for product defects. What a group of clowns. I still have a G4RS with a fractured chassis sitting in my garage and I can tell you that its days of racing are done. I refuse to spend $$$ out of my own pocket to replace a chassis made of inferior quality.

I'm back with Kyosho running the RRR Evo 2 and just from a durability and support stand point it can't be beat. There are no gear issues, the car can take an unbelievable amount of punishment, and parts support is 2nd to none. From a performance standpoint the kit is outstanding.

For Barry, I hope he's able to find a home with another sponsor. He seems like a great guy and from some of the posts I've read he's always eager to help anyone in our hobby. I did take him up on his offer to replace my chassis but due to his parting with TM, I can understand why it never arrived. As for you guys still running with TM, best of luck, your gonna need it.

Regards,
Speyederjedi

It's the same problem in OZ with no support at all I have tried to order many parts through this new importer but with no outcome So now i have to survive on what ever my LHS has left and what ever i can buy on 'rc tech'. By the looks of it TM have no buissnes skills what so ever but in saying that they must be selling them somewhere if they are able to put money into R&D and production of parts and cars like they do, either that or they just like to waste their own money
The only reason i haven't bought another car like the NT-1 or the RRR (cars with parts support) is because i can't afford it
It makes you feel like you can't drive hard because if you do break something (and i most certainly will) your car will be off the road for a while because your too busy waiting on the parts to turn up.
I hope TM start listening and do something about it soon because the second i have the money together i will get the NT-1 if things don't get sorted soon. It's just NOT FUN anymore, and that's why we all got into the hobby to start with......didn't we??
Old 10-16-2008, 11:50 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Freestyles,

I couldn't agree more. I was not having fun with all the problems I was having on parts support and parts failure with the G4RS. That is why I went back to running Kyosho. It was a tough call between the XRay NT1 and RRR Evo 2 but my decision to go with the RRR was largely based on parts support and durability.
Several of the local racers here are running the NT1 and they seem to go through alot of gears just like the G4RS. I've been runnig my Evo 2 for 2 months now and haven't stripped a single gear and the only thing I've had to replace was a front control arm and a thrust bearing. The thrust bearing blew after the spring nut backed out. Flywheel nut didn't have enough thread lock from the factory.
All in all I'm glad I made the move and racing for me is more fun than ever. Even my buddies are surprised at how mcuh better I'm doing with the new kit. I've been runnig at the front since the move back to Kyosho.
I hope you find a kit that works for you and you find support with parts. It's no fun having to drive in fear of breaking a part you don't have a replacement for. Been there done that but never again.

Regards,
Speyederjedi
Old 10-16-2008, 02:09 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Speyederjedi
Freestyles,

I couldn't agree more. I was not having fun with all the problems I was having on parts support and parts failure with the G4RS. That is why I went back to running Kyosho. It was a tough call between the XRay NT1 and RRR Evo 2 but my decision to go with the RRR was largely based on parts support and durability.
Several of the local racers here are running the NT1 and they seem to go through alot of gears just like the G4RS. I've been runnig my Evo 2 for 2 months now and haven't stripped a single gear and the only thing I've had to replace was a front control arm and a thrust bearing. The thrust bearing blew after the spring nut backed out. Flywheel nut didn't have enough thread lock from the factory.
All in all I'm glad I made the move and racing for me is more fun than ever. Even my buddies are surprised at how mcuh better I'm doing with the new kit. I've been runnig at the front since the move back to Kyosho.
I hope you find a kit that works for you and you find support with parts. It's no fun having to drive in fear of breaking a part you don't have a replacement for. Been there done that but never again.

Regards,
Speyederjedi

Yeah a few guys i know that run the NT-1 have had a few problems with it but you will get teething issues with any new kit and over time i'm sure Hudy will sort them out as they usually do. As for the RRR i don't like how high the exhaust pipe sits up but that's just my opinion others may like it. I'm glad you have found the fun again mate and i hope all goes well while in the 'RED ARMY' who knows if all this crap keeps up i might just be joining you
Old 10-16-2008, 06:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

woah, with negative remarks posted; time for me to post positive ones!

over here, my TM lhs has only been stocking up bits by bits after the last one closed. and there's a gap of about 6 months with no TM lhs.

nevertheless, with the internet so easily accessible; i'm still able to get the parts i need. no issues so far.

rcmanufactory is a good online shop to buy TM parts. else there's still a couple of others like rcshopping, etc...

so far my G4S -> G4RS has been serving me well.
no gears stripping issue, parts failure, etc...

the only issue now is the driver!
Old 10-16-2008, 10:10 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by NitroWD
woah, with negative remarks posted; time for me to post positive ones!

over here, my TM lhs has only been stocking up bits by bits after the last one closed. and there's a gap of about 6 months with no TM lhs.

nevertheless, with the internet so easily accessible; i'm still able to get the parts i need. no issues so far.

rcmanufactory is a good online shop to buy TM parts. else there's still a couple of others like rcshopping, etc...

so far my G4S -> G4RS has been serving me well.
no gears stripping issue, parts failure, etc...

the only issue now is the driver!

Don't get me wrong i love my G4's they have done me well too and yeah i can get parts aswell on the internet but they just take ages and i don't have the money to stockpile my parts so i pretty much can only replace what i brake as it happens so there for when i do need a part that my LHS hasn't got i then have to wait. I tried to support the new OZ importer but i still haven't heard anything (it's now been two weeks) so hopefully you can see how frustrating it might be but in the meantime my car sits here un driveable waiting for the parts i need to finish it off. It will take a little bit more than this to make me stop driving TM cars but i was just trying to get my point accross on how frustrated i'm getting with parts availability and PRICE. If it keeps up i suppose anything's possible.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.