R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-13-2008, 11:55 PM   #10126
Tech Master
 
freestyles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sydney
Posts: 1,118
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Can you post your set up for the G4+


You were right SOLARA, i wish i ordered those parts through RCmanufactry as it's been about a week and a half and i still haven't heard anything and haven't even been told when i might expect them from Zauber imports in Australia. At least i know for next time. And apparently his prices are through the roof. If i don't hear anything in the next week i will contact RCmanufactory and just ge them from there. The frustrating thing is is that i only need three little parts to finish building my kit, the other parts are just upgrades and spare parts
__________________
This public service announcement was brought to you by the letter "B" and the number "9". Thanks for watching.
freestyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 12:58 AM   #10127
Tech Addict
 
keavze's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 590
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blis View Post
Add the WC nulkhead kit to a g4+ and you will hopped up to the max with KFacroy. Short of composite ball joints and a few other minor upgrades, g4+ with WC kit is probably the best TM setup available.

Cheers.
ya, best looking car no doubt but may not be the best setup for a medium to low traction track...too stiff according to some.
__________________
>>> the "SNAKE" doesn't bite; it STINGS! <<<
keavze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 03:55 AM   #10128
Tech Master
 
freestyles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sydney
Posts: 1,118
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by keavze View Post
ya, best looking car no doubt but may not be the best setup for a medium to low traction track...too stiff according to some.
What could you do to compensate a 4mm stiff chassis??
__________________
This public service announcement was brought to you by the letter "B" and the number "9". Thanks for watching.
freestyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 09:02 AM   #10129
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago Illinois USA
Posts: 9,106
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by freestyles View Post
Can you post your set up for the G4+


You were right SOLARA, i wish i ordered those parts through RCmanufactry as it's been about a week and a half and i still haven't heard anything and haven't even been told when i might expect them from Zauber imports in Australia. At least i know for next time. And apparently his prices are through the roof. If i don't hear anything in the next week i will contact RCmanufactory and just ge them from there. The frustrating thing is is that i only need three little parts to finish building my kit, the other parts are just upgrades and spare parts
Lets not talk about price, the nightmare about ordering from Hong Kong online shop....at least, you guys know I AM HERE slacking from work and taking care of the TM owners with our support here on rctech. I am on Rctech like 20-30 times per day and you can PM me, email me or some of the G4 and E4 drivers even have my cell number and call me @ 11pm (LOL)....

We (RC Manufactory) not just selling parts, we report the latest TM stuff, explain the stuff we sell, support it...and we always TEST it....

I have to agree...the G4WC should have very little room for improvement. The rest of it....its the DRIVER.
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 02:45 PM   #10130
Tech Elite
 
Rick Vessell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Mars
Posts: 2,302
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Hello Solara,

G4WC is very solid. I could use some wheel nuts that stay on though! Cost me a qualifier and the semi at the nats last week. Can't complain though, I had a pretty good car for Ft. Myers, missing wheels and all.

Socko
Rick Vessell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 02:51 PM   #10131
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago Illinois USA
Posts: 9,106
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnySocko View Post
Hello Solara,

G4WC is very solid. I could use some wheel nuts that stay on though! Cost me a qualifier and the semi at the nats last week. Can't complain though, I had a pretty good car for Ft. Myers, missing wheels and all.

Socko
I was just afriad to ask that "fast exit" at the 1/2 final....by looking at your lap times @ the 1/4 main...you were SMOKING FAST (wtihin 0.3 second to the A-Main)...still, very well done with the G4WC.

Anyhow...go pack those G4WC up and get those E4WC ready...I have my E4RS and E4FS, finally OFF the dust...

P.S...will you be @ IHOBBY this weekend...? Let me know if you are coming..I will be there Friday SAT and SUN @ Schumacher booth.
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 07:41 AM   #10132
Tech Elite
 
Rick Vessell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Mars
Posts: 2,302
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Howard,

Thanks for the support, the car was pretty good. I am getting started on the EP stuff right now. Just club racing for the rest of the year it seems. I will not be at IHobby, too much to do here at the office.

Socko
Rick Vessell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 01:04 PM   #10133
Tech Adept
 
gtrmx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Guadalajara, Mexico
Posts: 228
Default

Anybody knows how many teeth there are in each belt (front, rear, side)?
gtrmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 11:24 AM   #10134
Tech Regular
 
Speyederjedi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Lonestar State
Posts: 394
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Surprise! Surprise! So Barry Baker is no longer with Team Magic. Boy, didn't see that coming. Team Magic just doesn't get it. Just when you think they're heading in the right direction they prove once again that they haven't got a clue. I guess they're not interested in selling their products stateside. Product support from Wolf is a joke and they refuse to accept any responsibility for product defects. What a group of clowns. I still have a G4RS with a fractured chassis sitting in my garage and I can tell you that its days of racing are done. I refuse to spend $$$ out of my own pocket to replace a chassis made of inferior quality.

I'm back with Kyosho running the RRR Evo 2 and just from a durability and support stand point it can't be beat. There are no gear issues, the car can take an unbelievable amount of punishment, and parts support is 2nd to none. From a performance standpoint the kit is outstanding.

For Barry, I hope he's able to find a home with another sponsor. He seems like a great guy and from some of the posts I've read he's always eager to help anyone in our hobby. I did take him up on his offer to replace my chassis but due to his parting with TM, I can understand why it never arrived. As for you guys still running with TM, best of luck, your gonna need it.

Regards,
Speyederjedi
Speyederjedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 11:39 AM   #10135
Tech Addict
 
PrimeAKF11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Voorhees, NJ
Posts: 706
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

While I like my G4RS, I do have to agree that whoever running Team Magic is clueless beyond recognition.

Sounds like a typical asian business model where the owner pushes whatever he thinks is right instead of listening to its customers .
PrimeAKF11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 12:03 PM   #10136
Tech Master
 
freestyles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sydney
Posts: 1,118
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speyederjedi View Post
Surprise! Surprise! So Barry Baker is no longer with Team Magic. Boy, didn't see that coming. Team Magic just doesn't get it. Just when you think they're heading in the right direction they prove once again that they haven't got a clue. I guess they're not interested in selling their products stateside. Product support from Wolf is a joke and they refuse to accept any responsibility for product defects. What a group of clowns. I still have a G4RS with a fractured chassis sitting in my garage and I can tell you that its days of racing are done. I refuse to spend $$$ out of my own pocket to replace a chassis made of inferior quality.

I'm back with Kyosho running the RRR Evo 2 and just from a durability and support stand point it can't be beat. There are no gear issues, the car can take an unbelievable amount of punishment, and parts support is 2nd to none. From a performance standpoint the kit is outstanding.

For Barry, I hope he's able to find a home with another sponsor. He seems like a great guy and from some of the posts I've read he's always eager to help anyone in our hobby. I did take him up on his offer to replace my chassis but due to his parting with TM, I can understand why it never arrived. As for you guys still running with TM, best of luck, your gonna need it.

Regards,
Speyederjedi


It's the same problem in OZ with no support at all I have tried to order many parts through this new importer but with no outcome So now i have to survive on what ever my LHS has left and what ever i can buy on 'rc tech'. By the looks of it TM have no buissnes skills what so ever but in saying that they must be selling them somewhere if they are able to put money into R&D and production of parts and cars like they do, either that or they just like to waste their own money
The only reason i haven't bought another car like the NT-1 or the RRR (cars with parts support) is because i can't afford it
It makes you feel like you can't drive hard because if you do break something (and i most certainly will) your car will be off the road for a while because your too busy waiting on the parts to turn up.
I hope TM start listening and do something about it soon because the second i have the money together i will get the NT-1 if things don't get sorted soon. It's just NOT FUN anymore, and that's why we all got into the hobby to start with......didn't we??
__________________
This public service announcement was brought to you by the letter "B" and the number "9". Thanks for watching.
freestyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 12:50 PM   #10137
Tech Regular
 
Speyederjedi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Lonestar State
Posts: 394
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Freestyles,

I couldn't agree more. I was not having fun with all the problems I was having on parts support and parts failure with the G4RS. That is why I went back to running Kyosho. It was a tough call between the XRay NT1 and RRR Evo 2 but my decision to go with the RRR was largely based on parts support and durability.
Several of the local racers here are running the NT1 and they seem to go through alot of gears just like the G4RS. I've been runnig my Evo 2 for 2 months now and haven't stripped a single gear and the only thing I've had to replace was a front control arm and a thrust bearing. The thrust bearing blew after the spring nut backed out. Flywheel nut didn't have enough thread lock from the factory.
All in all I'm glad I made the move and racing for me is more fun than ever. Even my buddies are surprised at how mcuh better I'm doing with the new kit. I've been runnig at the front since the move back to Kyosho.
I hope you find a kit that works for you and you find support with parts. It's no fun having to drive in fear of breaking a part you don't have a replacement for. Been there done that but never again.

Regards,
Speyederjedi
Speyederjedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 03:09 PM   #10138
Tech Master
 
freestyles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sydney
Posts: 1,118
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speyederjedi View Post
Freestyles,

I couldn't agree more. I was not having fun with all the problems I was having on parts support and parts failure with the G4RS. That is why I went back to running Kyosho. It was a tough call between the XRay NT1 and RRR Evo 2 but my decision to go with the RRR was largely based on parts support and durability.
Several of the local racers here are running the NT1 and they seem to go through alot of gears just like the G4RS. I've been runnig my Evo 2 for 2 months now and haven't stripped a single gear and the only thing I've had to replace was a front control arm and a thrust bearing. The thrust bearing blew after the spring nut backed out. Flywheel nut didn't have enough thread lock from the factory.
All in all I'm glad I made the move and racing for me is more fun than ever. Even my buddies are surprised at how mcuh better I'm doing with the new kit. I've been runnig at the front since the move back to Kyosho.
I hope you find a kit that works for you and you find support with parts. It's no fun having to drive in fear of breaking a part you don't have a replacement for. Been there done that but never again.

Regards,
Speyederjedi


Yeah a few guys i know that run the NT-1 have had a few problems with it but you will get teething issues with any new kit and over time i'm sure Hudy will sort them out as they usually do. As for the RRR i don't like how high the exhaust pipe sits up but that's just my opinion others may like it. I'm glad you have found the fun again mate and i hope all goes well while in the 'RED ARMY' who knows if all this crap keeps up i might just be joining you
__________________
This public service announcement was brought to you by the letter "B" and the number "9". Thanks for watching.
freestyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 07:46 PM   #10139
Tech Addict
 
NitroWD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 622
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

woah, with negative remarks posted; time for me to post positive ones!

over here, my TM lhs has only been stocking up bits by bits after the last one closed. and there's a gap of about 6 months with no TM lhs.

nevertheless, with the internet so easily accessible; i'm still able to get the parts i need. no issues so far.

rcmanufactory is a good online shop to buy TM parts. else there's still a couple of others like rcshopping, etc...

so far my G4S -> G4RS has been serving me well.
no gears stripping issue, parts failure, etc...

the only issue now is the driver!
__________________
* Earth's fate depends on what we do TODAY... *
+ Earth got all the time in the world; but we DON'T... +
NitroWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 11:10 PM   #10140
Tech Master
 
freestyles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sydney
Posts: 1,118
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroWD View Post
woah, with negative remarks posted; time for me to post positive ones!

over here, my TM lhs has only been stocking up bits by bits after the last one closed. and there's a gap of about 6 months with no TM lhs.

nevertheless, with the internet so easily accessible; i'm still able to get the parts i need. no issues so far.

rcmanufactory is a good online shop to buy TM parts. else there's still a couple of others like rcshopping, etc...

so far my G4S -> G4RS has been serving me well.
no gears stripping issue, parts failure, etc...

the only issue now is the driver!


Don't get me wrong i love my G4's they have done me well too and yeah i can get parts aswell on the internet but they just take ages and i don't have the money to stockpile my parts so i pretty much can only replace what i brake as it happens so there for when i do need a part that my LHS hasn't got i then have to wait. I tried to support the new OZ importer but i still haven't heard anything (it's now been two weeks) so hopefully you can see how frustrating it might be but in the meantime my car sits here un driveable waiting for the parts i need to finish it off. It will take a little bit more than this to make me stop driving TM cars but i was just trying to get my point accross on how frustrated i'm getting with parts availability and PRICE. If it keeps up i suppose anything's possible.
__________________
This public service announcement was brought to you by the letter "B" and the number "9". Thanks for watching.
freestyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS: Team Magic G4 - LRP Z12R Team Spec 2 - Add RX/TX LogiK Australia For Sale/Trade 1 08-03-2007 02:00 AM
Team Magic G4s MaDaGAS CAR Australia For Sale/Trade 29 05-07-2007 03:30 AM
Brian Berry Joins Team Phenix/Team Magic Motorman Nitro On-Road 27 03-07-2006 05:51 AM
team magic g4 + elephant R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 04-26-2004 07:34 AM
Team Magic G4 "Black Magic" tennessee Nitro On-Road 32 04-20-2003 11:40 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:02 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net