Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2007, 05:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by aussies1129
Hi Gansei what brand tire are you using?
thanks
Enneti tire...

WIDTH FRONT: 198 REAR:200
SPRING FRONT:1.7 REAR: 1.7
SHOCK OIL: Front 600, Rear 600 (piston hole 1.2 X 2hole)
TOE: FRONT OUT 1, REAR IN 2.5
CAMBER: FRONT 2 REAR 4
DROOP FRONT 1, REAR 3
DIFF FRONT 40000 REAR 30000
STEARING ROD POSITION: INSIDE
BODY: DNA OR STRUATUS 3.1
WHEELBASE: FRONT -2, REAR -2 THE MAX SHORTEN
SHOCK POSITION: FRONT 2ND FROM TOP, REAR 2ND FROM TOP
FRONT STEBIL: 0, REAR STEBIL: 90
REAR HUB SHIM: 4mm
TIRE : FRONT/REAR 37

CLUTCH: CLEARANCE 0.5mm, ENDPLAY 0.3mm
CLUTCH SPRING: KYOSHO CRF SPRING
INNER CLUTCH SHOE SHIM: 2
CLUTCH SHOE: BLACK
CLUTCH SPRING LOCK LENGTH: 0.6mm
Old 12-25-2007, 04:27 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by asil
normally, stiffening rear improves front turn-in regarding that rear has available traction...

hope this helps..

Asil
what do you suggest if i find that the rear slide abit whenever i turn the steering for a slight bend? it's like the rear will swing out slightly...

i'm using 37shores frt and rear for low-medium track. what's the best thing to do?
Old 12-25-2007, 09:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NitroWD
what do you suggest if i find that the rear slide abit whenever i turn the steering for a slight bend? it's like the rear will swing out slightly...

i'm using 37shores frt and rear for low-medium track. what's the best thing to do?
stiffen up the front change your front springs and put a set of weaker springs on the rear and increase your front droop see what happens. check your sway bar also for the front and rear 0 deg rear 90deg on the front also adjust your shock positions in the rear by going up a hole or so and also if you can true your tyres keep a thicker tyre in the rear by 2mm and maybe increase your camber in the rear by a degree. any of these should help.check this site out!
http://www.nitrokb.com/g4s/
cheers
Old 12-26-2007, 03:38 AM

stiffen up the front change your front springs and put a set of weaker springs on the rear and increase your front droop see what happens. check your sway bar also for the front and rear 0 deg rear 90deg on the front also adjust your shock positions in the rear by going up a hole or so and also if you can true your tyres keep a thicker tyre in the rear by 2mm and maybe increase your camber in the rear by a degree. any of these should help.check this site out!
cheers

SUPERB explanation.. in short, rear can not follow front's traction..

Asil
Old 12-28-2007, 06:19 AM
Tech Addict

cheers
hey...increasing the droop helps my car to be more planted than before.
as for the rest of yr suggestions, they're already done on my car.

btw, i find that my car understeer slightly, any suggestions?
i'm running front spool with 20k rear diff...

thanks once again!
Old 12-28-2007, 03:31 PM
Tech Initiate

1 way
Old 12-29-2007, 03:27 AM
Tech Elite

yep you can put in a one way up front see how that goes you just wont get the power loss compared to running a diff, I have my rear diff fluid at 10000 but thats running on a very tight track. glad you got some results with playing with the cars droop
cheers
Old 12-29-2007, 03:28 AM
Tech Elite

hey...increasing the droop helps my car to be more planted than before.
as for the rest of yr suggestions, they're already done on my car.

btw, i find that my car understeer slightly, any suggestions?
i'm running front spool with 20k rear diff...

thanks once again!
hey how do you find the rb motor you are running on the g4+??
cheers
Old 12-29-2007, 04:57 AM
Tech Addict

hey how do you find the rb motor you are running on the g4+??
cheers
1 way? no...i dont like driving with 1 way, prefer to brake as late as possible into a corner! haha...

haha...actually mine is the G4S but hopped up to almost G4+ (the most significant difference is the rear bar; i did asked you about converting S bar to + bar a couple of threads ago only ); thus G4S+!

the rb? ok, the following are my personal experiences/observations...no offence...
rb lowend is slightly better than os tz12 5p, sirio evo2 and ninja mr12; but topend is much better!
performance is comparable to sirio evo3 sti.

personally i feel that my rb is not suitable for small and tight tracks. i would rather use the os.

btw, how u find yr picco? i'm looking to try the picco for my next engine...
Old 12-29-2007, 06:23 AM
Tech Elite

What gearing are you running and clutch setup ???
I love my cars acceleration out of tight slow corners, its where i make up a lot of time on the other guys.
My only hassle is getting the consistent laps, always that 2/3 silly mistakes that put me back.

Between my 2 cars the non ED car with 19T brake pully and 18/52 1st gear feels so much stronger that the ED car.
Going to swap engines and see if its the engine, clutch setup or the transmission.
Old 12-29-2007, 02:23 PM
Tech Elite

1 way? no...i dont like driving with 1 way, prefer to brake as late as possible into a corner! haha...

haha...actually mine is the G4S but hopped up to almost G4+ (the most significant difference is the rear bar; i did asked you about converting S bar to + bar a couple of threads ago only ); thus G4S+!

the rb? ok, the following are my personal experiences/observations...no offence...
rb lowend is slightly better than os tz12 5p, sirio evo2 and ninja mr12; but topend is much better!
performance is comparable to sirio evo3 sti.

personally i feel that my rb is not suitable for small and tight tracks. i would rather use the os.

btw, how u find yr picco? i'm looking to try the picco for my next engine...
I am running on a very tight track and have the the car geared very low and the red dot runs as good as any other engine out there I have a evo3 coming soon and they are claiming more power from the new engine i will wait and see??but really for me its a price concern as I really find it hard to pay 400+ for a nova? I feel this thread will die a slowly death due to the g4rs thread
have a good new year to all!!
cheers
Old 12-29-2007, 02:30 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by razzor
I love my cars acceleration out of tight slow corners, its where i make up a lot of time on the other guys.
My only hassle is getting the consistent laps, always that 2/3 silly mistakes that put me back.

Between my 2 cars the non ED car with 19T brake pully and 18/52 1st gear feels so much stronger that the ED car.
Going to swap engines and see if its the engine, clutch setup or the transmission.
That's funny, same goes for my two cars. I have the stock transmission on one car with the 19th pulley and 18/52 1st gear setup and has as much pull compared to the ED transmission on the second car. Maybe its just me.

I'm thinking about selling one of my G4S (stock tranny)with a OS TZ 5port and VR12 exhaust, minor mods, extra parts. I need to save up for the G4RS

Anyone interested PM me.
Old 12-29-2007, 02:30 PM
Tech Elite

Hi Razzor, absolutely, I make the mistakes to and I can only put that done to not enough practice time(family reasons) i have just finished building my second car which is also ed trans but you have me thinking maybe I might try std trans and see what happens, the ed cars acceleration out of corners is sometimes out of control depending on which angle i put full throttle on, my track has some camber in spots so its tricky, I have gone back to the std gearing 16/51 21/46 to try and get a little more control and will see what happens.
cheers
Old 12-29-2007, 08:55 PM
Tech Addict

i'm running non-ed with 18/52, clutch gap about 0.5mm with endplay bout 0.1-0.2mm...

u guys running 1 ways? anyone running solids?
most of the time i'm 1st into a corner but due to abit of understeering, the rest of the guys will closeup the gap...
i'm losing time due to understeering.

btw, non-ed 18/52 is faster than ed 15/52? couldn't be rite?!?
Old 12-29-2007, 09:47 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I've done some testing with the nt1 clutch setup yesterday on my g4-.. after about 7 tanks, clutch wear is almost none existent (main problem with the ed, clutch wear).. spurs looks almost untouched even though i was using a 15t pinion... overall, i was really happy with the mod......
Attached Thumbnails Team Magic G4-dsc00452.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.