Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 11:40 AM
Tech Elite

rcevolution ,i double checked my TM setup on the G4s and it doesnt clear the body post unless teh body post is be rear ward.
Ive been using it with out any hassles but checked on a G4 LeMans today and it just touches the 5th body post but nothing that cant be sorted out.
Thought id just let you know i was wrong in my post earlier.
Old 05-31-2007, 02:23 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by razzor
Thats incorrect Menace.
From what i have picked up it looks like the G4+ will have the quick release system as std and will also have the inserts if wanting to use std universals.
You can also change the bearings to suite with out using the inserts.
In the G4+ thread ive posted the contents of the G4+ kit.
The + has a lot of new parts and includes 1100mah rx pack too.
Oh I see. Thanks for correcting me. Thinking about it now. Thats probably the better way to go.
Thanks Razzor for setting that straight.

Menace
Old 05-31-2007, 04:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

TM's ordered
Old 05-31-2007, 04:40 PM
Tech Adept

Well I hope you guys enjoyed the first pictures of the G4+ chassis. As you can see they are all numbered. This will be a nice collectors piece in some future time from now. Way after my time I am sure!! lol But it's really cool. Anyone know where chassis #1 is going?? I am not sure if that was mentioned in the last email? I think that should be fun as well!

Yes this car will have the quick release system on it and everything else that is possible and new will be on this one car. The value is truly there when you figure everything on the car.

What is also cool is Team Magic will have an RTR with the quick release wheel system. This car will be so fast it won't even have to slow down to change tires! Gotta love that!

Most of the new parts have prices on them in my website for those who have asked. The front page just list the parts, the pages where the part can be purchased has the cost. Anti roll bar and others as always with Team Magic are excellent prices.

New parts looks like will be in the first of next week! I was a bit slow with the order...hehehe Can wait to play with new toys!
Old 05-31-2007, 06:24 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Joe Tanto
hi what's the best gearing to start with on the TM, cos the stock gearing seems not good, I am using an STS D3R engine on it?

Thanks
Joe F
Joe, I run that exact engine and i had to gear up. The d3r is a low reving engine with loads of torque. I use a 20th +25th pinion, 51th and 46th spur. I race on a medium size track and have no disadvantage engine wise. The other guys use RB , mega zx12 and a few have the nova rossi.
Old 05-31-2007, 06:28 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by diesel001
Hey charles, you need a stock brake pulley? Hit me back, I am sure I have a few of them lying around.
Thanks diesel001, but i do have a spare one. Just simply couldn't remember why i changed it.
Old 05-31-2007, 06:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by diesel001
Hey gansei, I have a question for you...Where do you get the knack shocks and differential stuff?

Thanks

i buy it from korea Knack Distributor TGR-Racing

http://www.tgr-racingkorea.com/

http://www.knack-racing.com/ <- Knack Homepage
Old 05-31-2007, 07:15 PM
Tech Master

hey sam you should give a "crash kit" discount to people who buy a-arms for all corners, hubs for all corners, bulkheads, and the rear brace and turnbuckle ends together.

or put a bag together with all I mentioned and sell it for $50
Old 06-01-2007, 05:40 AM
Tech Adept

Hi Gansei,

What model # did you purchase for the knack shocks?
Old 06-01-2007, 05:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by charlesd
Hi Gansei,

What model # did you purchase for the knack shocks?
front/rear all => 56~60mm (N0001)
Old 06-01-2007, 10:46 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Okay, one more try before i chuck this thing onto the buy/sell boards and be done with it.

Does ANYBODY know of a place here in the US that has both the steering blocks(502150) and the rear arms(502208)

I've tried everywhere I know of, tried having the LHS find them, and the distributor Trinity, apparently has the parts, but you can't buy them from them unless you make a $50 or more purchase.

What I don't understand is why when my local shop looks through all their distributors for the parts, Trinity's supply apparently isn't coming up.

This is it man, I'm not one who buys cars solely based on parts support, but DAMN! There are places here in the states that sells the kits, but either doesn't sell parts or doesn't have a decent supply.

Is TM still going and healthy? Cause judging by the 2+ months it took to find a F8 bag and my current 3 1/2 week long search for a decent parts supplier, it doesn't seem like it.
Old 06-01-2007, 10:53 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Darkseid
Okay, one more try before i chuck this thing onto the buy/sell boards and be done with it.

Does ANYBODY know of a place here in the US that has both the steering blocks(502150) and the rear arms(502208)

I've tried everywhere I know of, tried having the LHS find them, and the distributor Trinity, apparently has the parts, but you can't buy them from them unless you make a $50 or more purchase.

What I don't understand is why when my local shop looks through all their distributors for the parts, Trinity's supply apparently isn't coming up.

This is it man, I'm not one who buys cars solely based on parts support, but DAMN! There are places here in the states that sells the kits, but either doesn't sell parts or doesn't have a decent supply.

Is TM still going and healthy? Cause judging by the 2+ months it took to find a F8 bag and my current 3 1/2 week long search for a decent parts supplier, it doesn't seem like it.
http://www.rc-mushroom.com

http://www.rcmart.com

When my LHS is out of stock, I buy from them.
Old 06-01-2007, 10:59 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by asw7576
http://www.rc-mushroom.com

http://www.rcmart.com

When my LHS is out of stock, I buy from them.
Thanks.

I'm having my LHS check directly with Trinity to see if they can get them directly from Trinity, instead of from people who buy from Trinity (you know, the old eliminate the middle man thing).

So if that doesn't work, I'll try one of those places.

I've never had to work so hard to find parts for any car. And I've run some pretty non-mainstream cars before.

Hope one of these ways will help me before next Sunday. Cause, as much as it would pain me, if I miss another race because of parts, I'll look to another car.
Old 06-01-2007, 11:01 AM
Tech Elite

Bud if you took the time to read through the posts on this thread you would find out that the best place for TM products in the US is from Sam at racedayhobbies.com
Check it out and he will sort you out
Old 06-01-2007, 11:57 AM
Tech Master

I need alot of help on this one.

there used to be one available for our cars but it as all but disapeared from the face of the earth.

I am talking about a better roll cage / handling bar.

I am tired and sick of that flexing plastic piece that provides no support what so ever and flexes putting your hand right into the engine.

anyone know if a nice metal one, and if so can you post a link to where you can buy it "IN STOCK".

thanks a million.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.