Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 08:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Kodak Hodak
Respect to all my G4S fans on this forum - made a special gallery here for you to view:

if i missed out on any send me a pic to pm box with link to image cheers

http://kodakhodak.blogspot.com/2007/...-stylz_05.html

regards
Frankie
DUDE, SWEET!!!! You are the web master! Are you going to have all my different paint jobs on there, or just my first crappy one? J/K. You do such awesome stuff for us all on this thread. Thanks for all your killer work my friend!! Well bro, back to my cars. I need to build a back up G4S this week. So need to get everything else all ready first. Hey, did your bro get a car yet? Keep us up to date. Plus is he going to be joining the forum?? Just curious. Talk with you soon bro and thank you again for your killer addition to your blog. Later.
Old 03-04-2007, 08:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Ahhh D we still Luv yaman even if ya didnt race, we totally understand! Round 5 here in Adelaide might be cancelled du to hot wether approaching again this weekend, its a long weekend, and id like to test more than race, but if allis well then Saturday is prac, and Sunday is race day!

You keep at it man, the best way to is be pre-pared and you know this, hell i missed two rounds, but its all good now!

Peace Out, and yes we do know you know
Old 03-04-2007, 08:23 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Serpentd
DUDE, SWEET!!!! You are the web master! Are you going to have all my different paint jobs on there, or just my first crappy one? J/K. You do such awesome stuff for us all on this thread. Thanks for all your killer work my friend!! Well bro, back to my cars. I need to build a back up G4S this week. So need to get everything else all ready first. Hey, did your bro get a car yet? Keep us up to date. Plus is he going to be joining the forum?? Just curious. Talk with you soon bro and thank you again for your killer addition to your blog. Later.

Oi man, i ordered his car today, as for the forum he not soo skill ful in computers as he has not got one, but we both can share the name KODAK HODAk as he is my bro "Paul is his name" so yeah he is rather excitted as i called him today to say G4S will be here end of week if all well in the PILOT

As for the BLOG and the community, no sweat at all - one thing for sure is i got a bit of time in my sleeve to gather information and create - its really simple to do, just gotta make time!

They say once ya know ya stuff, its really a few seconds on hand!

You know how quick i type - super fast like i work

Just keep ya paintwork coming, ill update as they arrive - and your first paint work aint JUNK - its KILLA

Off ya gonow to build another car ya lucky boy - mmmmh would be nice to have back up car! One day One day it will be duo stylz

Peace Out my Friend!!!
Old 03-04-2007, 09:01 PM
Tech Elite

Hi All,

Good to read on how everyones weekend went.

Congrats Patto.........as someone has already said, "........you had to work for it" ,...

Sorry you were dissopointed Razzor although the outcome could have bean worst I feel.
Good job on getting 2nd after all .....

Hey Serpentd..........I know how you feel about poor weather forecasting. I came from England. The masters of the "Bad weather man" job.

Now it's very predictable here in the Midwest.................
Snow, cold.....................
More snow and colder..........

I think I'll get me some 20 shore tires and run the car anyway, cold or not !!

menace
Old 03-04-2007, 11:26 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Kodak Hodak
Razzo my friend, we know and i know how those days feel, least you didnt blowup a motor like i did...

Talk about why car is loose? got any images of the track you race on, id luv to share thoughts and possibly help out!
Hey frankie looks good man just one question could you please change the number on my avatar from 8 to 22 as the number 22 is my race number cheers mate
Old 03-04-2007, 11:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default hitec 6965HB Servo

i changed steerting and throttle to hitec 6965HB Servo.

it is very fast!!!

you can see 6965 servo activity by this movie.

http://tvpot.daum.net/clip/ClipViewB...&scrapable=yes
Old 03-05-2007, 01:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gansei

it is very fast!!!

thats crazy fast man. and by the sounds at the end you love it !
Old 03-05-2007, 01:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by gansei

it is very fast!!!

Gansie, dude you are too funny bro!! I love your giggle thing at the end. I played it 10 times just for that.

Well I'm glad you found yourself a fast servo. How is the torque? I use the Airtronics (Sanwa) 94357 or 359 for speed and good torque. They both have .06 seconds for 90 degrees and 120lbs of torque. Then I use the 94358 or 94360 for more torque. They are .09 and 200 lbs of torque. These servos are still analog and not digital. I use to have problems with Hitec servos re-centering properly, so stopped useing them. However this was probably 8 years ago. I know that they have come a LONG way since then. Let us know how that thing performs on the track dude.

This servo video is actually a good reminder that a GOOD servo is a MUST for steering and throttle. Moreso steering. You want good torque to keep those front tires turned and be able to handle the forces that can be generated around those fast sweepers. Plus the faster the servo, the easier it is to be consitant going fast. I would recommend a minimum of 100 lbs of torque and nothing slower then .10 seconds of transit time for the steering, (I prefer higher then that). If it's difficult for you to adjust to a fast servo, change either the Expo or speed on your radio a bit and keep backing it off until you can utilize the servo's full potential. A fast servo with good torque WILL make you faster around the track, I gaurantee it!

Anyway Gansei, it's nice to see you post a video. I have really missed seeing them. I hope you plan on some more racing vids and all your other vids that you are so good at making for us all to see! It helps people like me stay sane due to the non racing over here because of weather and such! Later bro.
Old 03-05-2007, 02:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

it is coreless digital servo.

Torque: 8kg.Cm, Speed: 0.08sec for 60 degrees.

i test it compare with futaba 9451,9450, sanwa WRX,RZ.

But hitec 6965 servo is faster than others.

and when i test servo by M11 (the movie is operated by M8)

it was more fast than M8.

i~ yaa~~ ^^

Gansie, dude you are too funny bro!! I love your giggle thing at the end. I played it 10 times just for that.

Well I'm glad you found yourself a fast servo. How is the torque? I use the Airtronics (Sanwa) 94357 or 359 for speed and good torque. They both have .06 seconds for 90 degrees and 120lbs of torque. Then I use the 94358 or 94360 for more torque. They are .09 and 200 lbs of torque. These servos are still analog and not digital. I use to have problems with Hitec servos re-centering properly, so stopped useing them. However this was probably 8 years ago. I know that they have come a LONG way since then. Let us know how that thing performs on the track dude.

This servo video is actually a good reminder that a GOOD servo is a MUST for steering and throttle. Moreso steering. You want good torque to keep those front tires turned and be able to handle the forces that can be generated around those fast sweepers. Plus the faster the servo, the easier it is to be consitant going fast. I would recommend a minimum of 100 lbs of torque and nothing slower then .10 seconds of transit time for the steering, (I prefer higher then that). If it's difficult for you to adjust to a fast servo, change either the Expo or speed on your radio a bit and keep backing it off until you can utilize the servo's full potential. A fast servo with good torque WILL make you faster around the track, I gaurantee it!

Anyway Gansei, it's nice to see you post a video. I have really missed seeing them. I hope you plan on some more racing vids and all your other vids that you are so good at making for us all to see! It helps people like me stay sane due to the non racing over here because of weather and such! Later bro.
Old 03-05-2007, 03:37 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by razzor
Well I wish i could also post good news but unfortunately I had very tough day.
Didnt get to have practice yesterday due to work.
So started the 1st heat with a very loose car that was all over.
Played around with the setup as I progressed through the heats but didnt solve the problem.Also the day was extremely hot and this had its problems with tuning the engine as well.
Qualified 5 in Cmains
In the 20min final I started off with 3 flame outs but got car running well after this ,with a still happy rear end I managed to hold it together and won the Cmain.A few retirements also helped me for the result.
My setup was based on what I ran at the Nationals a few weeks back ,I was a bit over confident that this setup would work on my home track ,now I know better.
But at the end of the day i guess having these hassles makes us better drivers/tuners and we cant expect good results all the time.
hey Razzor, sorry to hear your day man. i have had many like it
so this sunday i go to a new track and work on my setup for that track. so i could have the same weekend as you next race. what was the setup you went for to go into it ?
keep your head up man. was still a fighting race, and one to remember next time you race there.
Old 03-05-2007, 03:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Okay everyone, I made huge mistakes on my servo readings. Mine are .06 sec/60 degrees. And not 120 lbs of torque, but 120 in/oz of torque. I thought I would change that before I caught any slack from a smart ass. You know, someone like myself. I would of had a hay day with the torque specs. Cool guys, that's it for now. Later.
Old 03-05-2007, 04:04 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
Hey Mark, round 3 i ran the 15t pinion for the ED trans, and i got 1/2 a lap in before the spur stripped. so i put on another and it stripped again. so no i never got to run the 15 t, i think i will throw it out
what you saw today was what i normally run, but a little mod on the head button of the engine. and Brent won today, drove well and deserved the win, even if it was an MTX4
but a little mod on the head button of the engine?????Cmon Paul, don't tease and tell us all about this mod.
Old 03-05-2007, 04:06 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by vc05hdt
but a little mod on the head button of the engine?????Cmon Paul, don't tease and tell us all about this mod.
Thanks for PM, missed it earlier, Onya
Old 03-05-2007, 04:28 AM
Tech Elite

Hey Guys,

Well all my parts finally arrive and WOW factor yes, someone has got BLING!!!

So far its going well, its almost a full rebuild with the new 4mm chasis, but it does feel stronger!!

The weight not too much differance, id say with the ED trans it will still shoot like a rocket!

Only drama's i got is the Mugen Steering Arms, as there longer than the standard G4S end cups, but a few mods here and there and its coming together well!!!

Here is some happy snaps once again....
Attached Thumbnails Team Magic G4-kfactory-004.jpg   Team Magic G4-kfactory-015.jpg   Team Magic G4-kfactory-018.jpg   Team Magic G4-kfactory-019.jpg   Team Magic G4-kfactory-022.jpg  

Old 03-05-2007, 04:40 AM
Tech Elite

Okay everyone, I made huge mistakes on my servo readings. Mine are .06 sec/60 degrees. And not 120 lbs of torque, but 120 in/oz of torque. I thought I would change that before I caught any slack from a smart ass. You know, someone like myself. I would of had a hay day with the torque specs. Cool guys, that's it for now. Later.
D , man, made me go look at my torque wrench dude !
like mine just goes up to that `120lb lol we talking about a 1/3 rd scale servo here ? good you corrected yourself man, before i did
talk soon D hope you found your buggy amongst all your stuff man. or have you already ordered the TM buggy ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.