Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 03:48 AM
Tech Elite

OK then iether buy the plastic part for the servo saver or put captured ball ends.Might be an idea to get the K14118 udjustable bell crank steering arm.
http://www.kfactoryracing.com/produc...4118&pageNum=2
Old 02-12-2007, 04:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by razzor
OK then iether buy the plastic part for the servo saver or put captured ball ends.Might be an idea to get the K14118 udjustable bell crank steering arm.
http://www.kfactoryracing.com/produc...4118&pageNum=2
thats what he was using Razzor, he stripped the plastic insert and then used one of the others, and by accident fixed his steering problems. now hows that for luck ?
Old 02-12-2007, 04:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
thats what he was using Razzor, he stripped the plastic insert and then used one of the others, and by accident fixed his steering problems. now hows that for luck ?

you TWIT Paul....."Gascar_24" yeah i hear in final race as i was his PIT BITCH "Hey Frankie i got heaps more steering now" SOLID GOLD
Old 02-12-2007, 05:00 AM
Tech Elite

OK nice story .
So the part that stripped is the plastic insert that goes into the bell crank.
2 options then ,get balls with longer threaded section so you can put a nut on the other side or captured ball ends.

Wich insert did you change too ,would be good info to take note of.
Old 02-12-2007, 05:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by razzor
OK nice story .
So the part that stripped is the plastic insert that goes into the bell crank.
2 options then ,get balls with longer threaded section so you can put a nut on the other side or captured ball ends.

Wich insert did you change too ,would be good info to take note of.
if memory serves me correct, he was runing the M insert which is medium ackerman when he stripped it, then changed the insert to L which is stock setting with more Ackerman then M, but i do hope Paul corrects me if im wrong getting older the memory isnt quite the same anymore
by the way i thank you for the Xray link. i have the older setup book which doesnt explain the different points on the Hub adjustments for the ackerman angles. so now i know why it improved when i changed the hub point
Old 02-12-2007, 07:07 AM
Tech Master

i read about drilling piston hole to 1.2 or 1.3 mm
but i only found 1mm and 1.5mm drill. which one will be better?
1mm or 1.5mm?
thanks
Old 02-12-2007, 07:13 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Toy000
quick question guys if any one can help i cant seem to get any on throttle steer its very understeery on power off power its fine the back end is sticking well
Try a very thick silicon oil in the rear diff...

30k, 40k, maybe even 50K!! Just keep the ront end thicker than the rear.

If you use 30k rear, then use at least 50k up front so your car does not oversteer severely. If you go up to 50k at the rear, use 70k at the front. Use this last option if nothing else works. You can reduce rear toe but that will decrease rear traction when off throttle as well. If you do not want to change rear grip, then only change the diff oil and leave the rest alone. A stiff rear diff does not cause problems off throttle.

Last edited by gtrmx; 02-12-2007 at 07:23 AM.
Old 02-12-2007, 07:21 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ickvanovs
i read about drilling piston hole to 1.2 or 1.3 mm
but i only found 1mm and 1.5mm drill. which one will be better?
1mm or 1.5mm?
thanks
Use the 1.5mm drill bit, but only drill one of the holes larger. Leave the other one untouched.

Use a thicker shock oil such as Losi 50, 60 or 70.

On bumpy tracks I use 50 or 60 and leave 70 or higher for smoother tracks.
Old 02-12-2007, 07:26 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by gtrmx
Use the 1.5mm drill bit, but only drill one of the holes larger. Leave the other one untouched.

Use a thicker shock oil such as Losi 50, 60 or 70.

On bumpy tracks I use 50 or 60 and leave 70 or higher for smoother tracks.
thank you

btw what is the overdrive ratio with ED trans standard gearing?
how small i should cut the front tires?
Old 02-12-2007, 07:53 AM
Tech Elite

patto not to worry bud ,thats what we here for
Old 02-12-2007, 07:57 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by gtrmx
Try a very thick silicon oil in the rear diff...

30k, 40k, maybe even 50K!! Just keep the ront end thicker than the rear.

If you use 30k rear, then use at least 50k up front so your car does not oversteer severely. If you go up to 50k at the rear, use 70k at the front. Use this last option if nothing else works. You can reduce rear toe but that will decrease rear traction when off throttle as well. If you do not want to change rear grip, then only change the diff oil and leave the rest alone. A stiff rear diff does not cause problems off throttle.
I have to aggree with GTRMX ,this has been the one most dramatic change i have felt in the car.
After I changed to 50k front and 30k rear the car has been awesome.
I ran 30k front and 10k rear previously ,with the new setup the car juast has more drive out of corners and seems to be more controlled on entry and mid corner ,no need to overdrive the car and be aggressive.
Old 02-12-2007, 11:12 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ickvanovs
thank you

btw what is the overdrive ratio with ED trans standard gearing?
how small i should cut the front tires?
Cut your front tires 2mm smaller than the rears...
Old 02-12-2007, 12:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Is the ED trans a good upgrade for my g4? I dont plan on racing i just want the car to be faster.
Old 02-12-2007, 12:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
if memory serves me correct, he was runing the M insert which is medium ackerman when he stripped it, then changed the insert to L which is stock setting with more Ackerman then M, but i do hope Paul corrects me if im wrong getting older the memory isnt quite the same anymore
by the way i thank you for the Xray link. i have the older setup book which doesnt explain the different points on the Hub adjustments for the ackerman angles. so now i know why it improved when i changed the hub point
DUDE!! I am so glad to hear someone else has memory issues. I was so affraid I was the only one! You made me feel so much better about myself today Pattojrn. Thank you so much. Well anyway, this is sort of a lame post, but wanted to congradulate everyone running their G4S in your race this last weekend. Great job guys! Show them who's boss. Just remember to keep those lines tight and consistant every lap. You'll come out on top every time! Are you reading this Kodak my friend? Please try not to have anymore freak engine situations bro. Maybe that engine just need an exorsicm or something. Go by a sage stick and do a cleansing on your car and motor before the next race. Keep up the great racing fellas. Later everyone!
Old 02-12-2007, 12:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by revo523
Is the ED trans a good upgrade for my g4? I dont plan on racing i just want the car to be faster.
Yes it will make your car faster. Low end and top end. If you got the money, this is a must have!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.