Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 12:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Kodak Hodak
yeah i have about 2 weekends of use on the car, and just the race day just been.....

No stripped spurs yet, but i have been monitoring all the end play, clucth etc!!!
Did you get your car new or used??? Your clutch gears look super old... They will never look that worn with only two weeks of racing on them... Your motor from the pics you posted, looks super worn out, way to lean and way out of tune as well... These cars are a big investment... Just take alittle extra time in doing the small things and your car will run better and last longer... Since your car is in need of a heart and lung transplant... ie... Motor and gears... If I were you, I would shoot Sam over at Raceday hobbies a pm and see if he can set you up with a Good Nova Based motor and get the updated ED tranny and gears... Picco based .12 motors should always have there con-rods changed after every gallon of fuel used through them... After every 10-12 tanks of fuel ran through a motor, you should always... Always break the motor down and inspect it for problems that you can't see or hear and keep it clean... Just using after run oil will not do the trick alone... A good way to loose your spur gears is to run clutch gears that worn out... I'm not trying to bash you in any way... It's easy to get caught up in the moment of gettting on the track... but you can run faster lap times and without your car breaking during a race if you would do the little things... From checking your shock oil, your diff oil, ride height, droop/setup, worn parts, worn motor ect..ect... Everytime before race day and after you're done for the day... Do these things all the time and you should never have issue's like that again... .02

RC_Alan
Old 02-12-2007, 03:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rc_alan
Did you get your car new or used??? Your clutch gears look super old... They will never look that worn with only two weeks of racing on them... Your motor from the pics you posted, looks super worn out, way to lean and way out of tune as well... These cars are a big investment... Just take alittle extra time in doing the small things and your car will run better and last longer... Since your car is in need of a heart and lung transplant... ie... Motor and gears... If I were you, I would shoot Sam over at Raceday hobbies a pm and see if he can set you up with a Good Nova Based motor and get the updated ED tranny and gears... Picco based .12 motors should always have there con-rods changed after every gallon of fuel used through them... After every 10-12 tanks of fuel ran through a motor, you should always... Always break the motor down and inspect it for problems that you can't see or hear and keep it clean... Just using after run oil will not do the trick alone... A good way to loose your spur gears is to run clutch gears that worn out... I'm not trying to bash you in any way... It's easy to get caught up in the moment of gettting on the track... but you can run faster lap times and without your car breaking during a race if you would do the little things... From checking your shock oil, your diff oil, ride height, droop/setup, worn parts, worn motor ect..ect... Everytime before race day and after you're done for the day... Do these things all the time and you should never have issue's like that again... .02

RC_Alan
Hey RC_Alan,

The car has been bought brand new, my blog link provides the full rebuild....! As for the weeks of running, keep in mind that i have done two following weekends of about 8 hours testing in total... The reason to get up to speed wioth car, race setup and the joy of the new G4S...

http://kodakhodak.blogspot.com/2007/...-build-up.html

Its all good, i do check the car over each time i test or run it, no problemo! However the motor side of things, looking at a Rookie that requires more detail in this area. I hope to gain knowledge from this experience and not fall into that trap again.

Thanks for everyones thoughts, and tips - thats what this thread is for is to help the community grow to a btter group...

Enjoy All, hope to be back real soon with more pics, stories & videos...!

Regards
Frankie
Old 02-12-2007, 04:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by razzor
OK nice story .
So the part that stripped is the plastic insert that goes into the bell crank.
2 options then ,get balls with longer threaded section so you can put a nut on the other side or captured ball ends.

Wich insert did you change too ,would be good info to take note of.
yeah changes to the std insert for the g4s L i think the holes widest apart and whammo tons more steering
but razzor i dont think we could put a nut on top as i runs very close to the belt now when u turn the wheel
whats a captured ball end

paul
Old 02-12-2007, 08:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Talking

Originally Posted by Serpentd
Yes it will make your car faster. Low end and top end. If you got the money, this is a must have!

Thanks dude....
Old 02-12-2007, 11:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by revo523
Thanks dude....
No prob bro!
Old 02-13-2007, 12:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

some pics of the pits from race day Sunday
Attached Thumbnails Team Magic G4-mega_bang-045.jpg   Team Magic G4-mega_bang-041.jpg   Team Magic G4-mega_bang-042.jpg   Team Magic G4-mega_bang-043.jpg   Team Magic G4-mega_bang-044.jpg  

Old 02-13-2007, 12:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gascar 24
yeah changes to the std insert for the g4s L i think the holes widest apart and whammo tons more steering
but razzor i dont think we could put a nut on top as i runs very close to the belt now when u turn the wheel
whats a captured ball end

paul
Here's a photo of an example of a captured ball
I used a sexy yellow one so that it shows up better in the pic
Attached Thumbnails Team Magic G4-capball-small-.jpg  
Old 02-13-2007, 12:59 AM
Tech Elite

Look at using a TM servo screw and a threaded ball.Sure the TM servo screw wont touch.
Old 02-13-2007, 01:16 AM
Tech Addict

Look at using a TM servo screw and a threaded ball.Sure the TM servo screw wont touch.
hey raz

so screw down from top top of the bell into a threaded ball underneth
do u have parts no. for them
paul
Old 02-13-2007, 01:47 AM
Tech Elite

Patto/gascar Look at using a TM servo screw and a threaded ball.Sure the TM servo screw wont touch.
http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=53640
The pic is of 5mm threaded balls that you need.That with the TM servo screw will be perfect p/n K1005
http://www.kfactoryracing.com/produc...1005&pageNum=1
Old 02-13-2007, 01:53 AM
Tech Addict

Patto/gascar Look at using a TM servo screw and a threaded ball.Sure the TM servo screw wont touch.
http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=53640
The pic is of 5mm threaded balls that you need.That with the TM servo screw will be perfect p/n K1005
http://www.kfactoryracing.com/produc...1005&pageNum=1
hey raz
they look like the engine mount screws
Old 02-13-2007, 01:58 AM
Tech Elite

I thought that Gascar, but I think they're alot smaller.

Menace
Old 02-13-2007, 02:00 AM
Tech Addict

now ithink about it i think your right
just cant be bother to go to the shed to dig out the car
Old 02-13-2007, 02:02 AM
Tech Elite

Old 02-13-2007, 02:03 AM
Tech Elite

Some of those tracks you have out there Paul are WICKED !!
I'm at least 4 hours away from the nearest descent track here...

Menace

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.