Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 02:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by afm
The explanation is that when you vary the position of the steering link on the hub, you are varying the Akerman efect.

A large Ackerman angle gives you smooth, predictable steering. You'll be able to round the corners nicely without all four tires trying to force the car in a different direction.
A smaller Ackerman angle on the other hand can give you more aggressive steering, especially entering the corners. However, it isn't guaranteed that the front won't wash out now and then. Neither is a smooth cornering radius. It can be useful in high-traction tracks, if your car tends to oversteer in the middle of the corners, and you'd like a little more turn-in.
So when you changed front roll center, you had to adjust your Akerman....one change leads to another and so on...suspension changes are all related.

AFM
i was hoping for a testing day but it never happened. so i had to test and adjust on the fly on raceday. but i was happy with the end result, a distant 2nd place, but with a flame out. so things will get better.
Old 02-08-2007, 04:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi Guys, post a question here. Would like to know if you used fuel filter in your car? If have, any recommendation? Cheers!
Old 02-08-2007, 04:56 PM
afm
Tech Master

Originally Posted by phoakm
Hi Guys, post a question here. Would like to know if you used fuel filter in your car? If have, any recommendation? Cheers!
I've never used external fuel filters...all cars I've had came with filter inside the tank......just clean your tank every now and then, specially if you are going to store it for a long time, because oil sediments can plug the filter.

AFM
Old 02-08-2007, 05:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by afm
I've never used external fuel filters...all cars I've had came with filter inside the tank......just clean your tank every now and then, specially if you are going to store it for a long time, because oil sediments can plug the filter.

AFM
Noted. Thanks!
Old 02-08-2007, 05:55 PM
Tech Adept

HOLY LORD HOW I'VE MISSED THEE!

howdy, folks - long time no type.

i've been bustin my ass at a new job making an obscene amount of money, so...

i've made the decision to follow in my good friend and RC mentor's footsteps by selling my 1/10 and purchasing a 1/8.

why would I post this in an area where most use 1/10 TM machines?

i'll tell you why.

because i've raced nothing but team magic and have fallen in love with every aspect of the cars they produce.

my question is this:

who of you own 1/8'ers and what exactly do you own?

I want to know your opinions on what the best route is.

thanks!!
Old 02-08-2007, 07:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by afm

AFM
what the best stuff to clean the tank

paul
Old 02-08-2007, 08:40 PM
Tech Elite

Default Fuel Filters

I'm not going to say yes or no to fuel filters but I will give you an insight into some of my experience with the subject.......my 2 cents if you like.

Full size cars and motors used there-in have their fuel filtered from the holding tanks, which ever the team uses in pit lane to the motor around 7 times!

Basically everytime the fuel is moved, ie: from one tank to another, it is filtered. Now, I know thats different motors and different fuels but, we are talking about smaller motors where the same size of particle (forign body) in the fuel is relatively larger in a smaller motor that it is in a full size race motor?!

I'll just say this, I put a fine mesh filter over each bottle I buy, I have a filter in line of my 'squeeze bottle' and in my fuel gun. There's a filter in my tank, yes and an inline filter too !

Too much? Well my last Nova Rossi S3 lasted 4 years of racing with only one squeeze done on it and NO parts failures!

Ok goto go.

Menace
Old 02-08-2007, 08:44 PM
Tech Elite

The only reason I don't have my trusted rossi now is that it got stollen!

Good reason to get another motor though eh....more up to date.

Ps. Apart from fanatics like me, the fuel filter supplied in the tank as the TM G4s has is, if kept clean as AFM said is ok I believe.

Menace
Old 02-08-2007, 11:47 PM

I copy-paste afm's posts for my pit bag thanks afm.. btw, I realised that something was binding on my clutch bell and the problem was clutch bell bearings.. they have sticky grease in them in box stock.. I gave them a good cleaning with ultrasonic cleaner and then lube them with serpent bearing oil.. Now they turn freely by hand.. A small tip
Old 02-09-2007, 01:05 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by British Menace
The only reason I don't have my trusted rossi now is that it got stollen!

Good reason to get another motor though eh....more up to date.

Ps. Apart from fanatics like me, the fuel filter supplied in the tank as the TM G4s has is, if kept clean as AFM said is ok I believe.

Menace
menace
what do u use to clean the tank but

paul
Old 02-09-2007, 01:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Kodak Hodak:

Congrads on getting your TM G4S avators published by Team Magic. Was something a little different to have in my Inbox

BB
Old 02-09-2007, 02:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear
Kodak Hodak:

Congrads on getting your TM G4S avators published by Team Magic. Was something a little different to have in my Inbox

BB

Yeah cheers Bundy_Bear, been working all week with them to get finished, so yeah its been fun!!!

Plus to get recognised for the efforts is a reward in its own.....

I guess to get, you give in return....

I hope you all enjoy them.........
Old 02-09-2007, 02:10 AM
Tech Elite

Gascar.
Hi Paul

I use brake cleaner. Just make sure you let the tank air after you have finnished.
(Leave lid slightly open until everything has evapurated)

Best bet is to spray down the outlet nozzle from the tank. This will 'backflush' the filter too.

All the best.

Menace
Old 02-09-2007, 02:12 AM
Tech Elite

Congrats from me too Kodak
Old 02-09-2007, 02:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by British Menace
Gascar.
Hi Paul

I use brake cleaner. Just make sure you let the tank air after you have finnished.
(Leave lid slightly open until everything has evapurated)

Best bet is to spray down the outlet nozzle from the tank. This will 'backflush' the filter too.

All the best.

Menace

another great tip, cheers for that idea, always wonder what we do with the tank filter..... wish they were easy to remove...

owell cant have all the goodies....!

BTW, cheers for congratos

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.