Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 03:43 AM
Tech Elite

from feed back ive gotten ,the lock diff is more suited to the outlaw class with the Lola/GTP bodies.
Think its mainly due to those bodies having much better downforce and also the setup is very different to Touring.
I would assume it would be similar to 1/8 kind of handling and performance.
Old 02-01-2007, 03:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by G4S'er
Darn good looking setup stand you have there Patto. ( inside humor )
ahh yes i do dont I, and well lets keep the humour to ourselves then shall we, becuase i do remember the last time some one attempted some humour, it involved me and thongs.
Old 02-01-2007, 03:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MaDaGAS CAR
hey fellas

just a quick question

wat are the advantages of running a rear lock diff in the g4s, ive recently got 1 but am yet to run it, and probably wont get a chance to cos it is way to hot in australia, 37 degrees on saturday and thats the only chance i got to run it b4 race day so any help is greatly appreciated cheers kosta

What it will do is this: D R I F T - T H E - S U C K E R
Old 02-01-2007, 04:05 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Kodak Hodak
What it will do is this: D R I F T - T H E - S U C K E R
Is this why you have the king logo ? DRIFT KING ?
drifting is during the week dude, i do hope you keep it away from sundays, or save it for when you pass the maddamilkits and drift past him around that big sweeper of yours
Old 02-01-2007, 04:08 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
Is this why you have the king logo ? DRIFT KING ?
drifting is during the week dude, i do hope you keep it away from sundays, or save it for when you pass the maddamilkits and drift past him around that big sweeper of yours

- i neary fell of my chair, sorry guys "Patto's Humour i understand very much"
Old 02-01-2007, 06:00 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by British Menace
Hey Patto,

The car does look good. Looks like a winner !

Have you had much time for testing since you fitted the Speedshot front end and did you find anything interesting set up wise with the front roll centre adjustment the speedshot gives you.

Very best of luck.

Menace
Hi Menace, i just got the speed shot bolted in on wednesday, and i race on sunday, the track is closed on saturday so ill be chasing a setup for the new front end and the rear hubs during practice, and through the qualifiers. i will note differences and i do hope to try both settings from standard, on the front end and will report what i find, i suppose if all else fails, there is the std setting
Old 02-01-2007, 08:07 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by razzor
Thats correct ,at least fill the two slots closest to the tank .this is the main place it buckles.
Ok razzor, thankx, will epoxy that.
Old 02-01-2007, 07:59 PM
Tech Elite

Default Speedshot

That would be great Patto.......best of luck again.

Menace
Old 02-01-2007, 08:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by razzor
BM i think it would be a wise thing to do.I was impatient to do mine and its bent know.
Does anyone know if TM plans to address this? Maybe a beefed up part or something. I was placing an order on Raceday and came close to pulling the trigger on the Speed Shot, but I backed out at the last second. The piece that bends is $45 to replace.

Also is anyone running the new rear uprights w/standard axles? I was told there is a bearing that will fit in place of the flash insert. I wasn't able to find anything on Team Magics website to tell me what the dimensions may be.
Old 02-01-2007, 09:46 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by royfan33
Does anyone know if TM plans to address this? Maybe a beefed up part or something. I was placing an order on Raceday and came close to pulling the trigger on the Speed Shot, but I backed out at the last second. The piece that bends is $45 to replace.

Also is anyone running the new rear uprights w/standard axles? I was told there is a bearing that will fit in place of the flash insert. I wasn't able to find anything on Team Magics website to tell me what the dimensions may be.
Hey Royfan
Take this and everything with the bearings are Ok:
K14123-1 -- $3.89
G4 Flash Pit Insert To Convert To Stock G4 Drive Shaft (4)

Marc
Old 02-01-2007, 10:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by g4-racing.de
Hey Royfan
Take this and everything with the bearings are Ok:
K14123-1 -- $3.89
G4 Flash Pit Insert To Convert To Stock G4 Drive Shaft (4)

Marc
Thanks for your help. I have K14123-1 coming. I just thought it may be better to have a new bearing that fit in place of the original bearing with the insert. I'll see how it looks when the parts arrive.

thanks again...
Old 02-01-2007, 11:08 PM
Tech Elite

Default Speedshot

Hi Royfan,

I do believe TM has this in hand along with some other improvements.

Menace
Old 02-02-2007, 02:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
Hey D, still looks like you havent been able to run the G4S yet, how close weather wise is it, to being able to run, or start racing ? i know its cold as there, i have some friends going over there for a month, so they are expecting some very cold weather. hope its not too long before you run. and sounds like you have another Aussie friend, in Frankie (Kodak).
Pattojnr, how is my Aussie friend? Dude, how could you tell that I haven't ran my car yet? I always keep them VERY clean, but then again it's hard to get that "new" clean look know matter how hard you try. But yes you are right, I have not had a chance to even fire my baby up. Such a bummer. I have to tell you that this is definately one of the worse winters we have had in years! Not only the snow, but the cold spell is out of hand. We are lucky to see 0 degrees Celcius in the day, then always around -16 F after the sun goes down. I don't know how to convert that to C, but it sucks WAY bad. I got bord today and took a few pics. One of my built G4S, and the other 2 still boxed up. I also took a pic of my S720 just to show the comparison between the two cars. I need to go through my built one to do some minor tweaks on it. For example the JB weld on the top aluminum piece and stuff like that. Kodaks documentation of his build reminded me of the things that I NEED to do. I finally found a 1.3 mm drill bit today so I can work on the shocks. I need this beast 100% race ready for when I do get to race. Hopefully we can start in March. It is VERY frustrating about the weather though. It's too cold for me to even break in engines. But anyway, I am going to post some pics of the cars, weather and a "vehicle" I can run in this crap snow. And as far as me having another friend in Aussie, hell ya!!! I consider all (for the most part) on this thread as a friend. We help each other and have the same sickness in common.
Now I don't want anyone here to give me too much sh!t about the S720. But you can still make you comments. Im too laid back for things to get to me, so bash away. You can see where my heart is by the pics. Sorry to everyone for my long posts, it's just how I am. So Pattojnr, you take care of yourself and that goes for the rest of you ALL! Peace my friends!!!
Attached Thumbnails Team Magic G4-copy-snow-pics-013.jpg   Team Magic G4-rc-shit-020.jpg   Team Magic G4-rc-shit-023.jpg   Team Magic G4-rc-shit-032.jpg   Team Magic G4-rc-shit-033.jpg  

Old 02-02-2007, 02:24 AM
Tech Elite

Hey D, i knew you hadnt run the G4S cause i think you said previously that the weather was bad. and i have friends going to La next week, and they said weather was really bad as well, they have their Son living over there, so they are updated weekly, lol. as for me im doing great, having lots a fun, and love the new bits on my car. i got the TM setup station as well and i just love it (thanks SAM), i am now looking forward to the new K factory tires, i have a heap coming my way and am looking forward to running them. Frankie is a great guy, and i do hope to do a race over in Adelaide to meet they guys, frankie, toy 000 (Rob), and gascar24 (Paul). so i do look forward to this as well. season opener this sunday so i do hope all goes well, and cant wait to get back racing. its been too long i do hope the weather gets better for you soon to gets some Laps under ya belt with the car. what a great way to start running a G4S, Loaded with the upgrades, wish you well D. later.....
Old 02-02-2007, 02:36 AM
Tech Elite

Hey MR Sd,

good to see ya car on display, now how many bloody cars ya got? 1 too many LOL, Bummer on the winter, but down here down under its bloody HOT HOT, not spicy hot BUT Hot Hot... 37 +.

Even Patto was saying over in Perth its like 42+ now that Damn Hot.

I hope you get the chance to race yours or even test & tune, just a question? any indoor tracks?

goodluck and happy nitroing

PS. O yeah that patto guy he aint a bad Sort...... plus the locals here in SA, Toy000, Paul, Shano there all a good sort of fish....

Tomorrow is once again test day 2 for me, so made changes and hope to get many more laps this time around!

Last edited by Kodak Hodak; 02-02-2007 at 03:26 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.