Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2006, 11:21 PM
Tech Regular

Hey Sam,

I noticed that the teeth on the 15T ED pinion is very sharp, even if it is brand new. Other people noticed that it wears out fast too. What is your experience with this new pinion. How many times have you chucked one because of wear? The 18T also wears out fast, but the 19T and 20T can last a loooooong time.
Old 12-18-2006, 12:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Hey Dnitro, i have sent Sam an email earlier today. i have done testing and have found that not only the teeth seem sharp, but i think the pitch is different as well. as to not change the size of the actual pinion, they chage the pitch a bit. i had run a new 52 spur for 4 qualifiers, and a half hour final, then 2 tanks today in testing. i did a motor change and run the 15/20 pinion bell, i set the gear mesh as i always have, which i have not had a problem before, and within 1 minuet of running, the spur was gone down to solid plastic. no evidence of any teeth being there before. i think it is a pitch problem with the gears. if the mesh was wrong i would have taken the top of the teeth off. so i went back to the 16/21 pinion/bell and run the rest of the day with no problems and no wear
Old 12-18-2006, 01:14 AM
Tech Elite

I am running the 15/52 combo and have about 2 1/2 hrs on it with no hassles except you can see the wear on the pinion but no meshing issues.
The pinion material is definately softer than the normal pinions.
Old 12-18-2006, 02:30 AM
Tech Adept

I recently placed an order on raceday hobbies for somethings i needed i placed this order on tuesday 12th december and arrived today i live in Sydney Australia i just have to say a big thanks for the FANTASTIC service and speed of the delivery from raceday i couldnt belive it!!!! the goods arrived in perfect condition and have just been fitted to the car. Race Day hobbies are certinaly the benchmark for customer service and delivery!!!

Many Thanks
Chris
Old 12-18-2006, 03:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

thats great nitro racer, but we have to curb our many thanks and enthusiasm from the service we recieve from Sam at race#@%*, as some people dont like to get on to a public forum and read about retail stuff, or agree with the service from Sam. maybe we should start a thread of our own to do so ? might makes things a little worse considering your in AU and baught from the US. but i dont have a problem with this, as so many others dont seem to either. but thats an entirely different story all together. just let us know how your car goes and the upgrades you just put on the car.
Old 12-18-2006, 07:00 AM
Tech Adept

I am on the same train as Razor. I have used the same 15T gear sand spur gear and have had no probless.

Now doe the 15T and 18T pinion gears wear faster that the rest. Yes the do. It is a true conspiracy and you you guys found Team Magic out!!!! LOL

Seriously, they are a softer alloy and seem to wear faster. I am not sure if it is do to the size or? But the wear has really never been a issue for me and most racers I see or talk to. I would say check the mesh even after a 3 or so minute warmup. I have heard others say their engines have moved on them and that created stripped gears. Once again I haven't been there, but I have heard this quite a bit and even from Dennis.
Old 12-18-2006, 08:33 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
thats great nitro racer, but we have to curb our many thanks and enthusiasm from the service we recieve from Sam at race#@%*, as some people dont like to get on to a public forum and read about retail stuff, or agree with the service from Sam. maybe we should start a thread of our own to do so ? might makes things a little worse considering your in AU and baught from the US. but i dont have a problem with this, as so many others dont seem to either. but thats an entirely different story all together. just let us know how your car goes and the upgrades you just put on the car.
Old 12-18-2006, 09:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

What the hell is this shit? If me or anyone wants to thank a retailer for their help where we buy our stuff for our cars, then let them. It helps get the word out to keep us racers, raceing. Plus they are a great base of info if we have problems with a part and they can help notify the distributor for a recall on a product. With out the "retailers" we couldn't talk about how our cars run because we wouldn't have them. If I choose to talk about Sam and his GREAT service for helping me with my racing career or racing enjoyment, then I will. If people don't like it then just kiss my ass. We are all here to help each other, and this is just another form of help. I've heard too many people ask if company X is a good source to purchase from. So yes this info is VERY relevant, and by the way...SAM you do kick ASS with RACEDAY HOBBIES!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-18-2006, 09:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Sorry if I pissed anyone off, I'm in a bad mood today.
Old 12-18-2006, 09:13 AM
Tech Elite

What are the differences between Serpent ,Mugen ,Kyosho rims ???
Is it just the offset ??

Looking at stocking GRP in my shop ,dont want to stock the wrong items.
Old 12-18-2006, 09:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by razzor
What are the differences between Serpent ,Mugen ,Kyosho rims ???
Is it just the offset ??

Looking at stocking GRP in my shop ,dont want to stock the wrong items.
I run GRP and GQ, and they have the same offset. I have less experience with GQ, but GRP is TOP NOTCH. No chunking, splitting or broken rims. My number 1 choice. I've seen some of the Mugen tires start splitting where the rubber is glued together in the middle of the tire. However I have noticed this on their 1:8 scale only. I would not purchase Mugen until they get this problem fixed. Sorry I can't trully answer your question in full, but you won't go wrong with the GRP! Hope I helped some. Good Luck RAZZOR!
Old 12-18-2006, 09:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by schufflerbot
Dude, did you get a car up and running after your run in with the Monster truck? I have an extra G4S brand new in the box if you need one. I really wouldn't care about you paying me for it right away. I would give you up to 6 months or whatever for like 300 bucks. Just want to see if your up and running. Not trying to sell you anything, so please don't take my post wrong. Just want to help a fellow racer is all.
Old 12-18-2006, 10:04 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks Serpentd but GRP makes tyres with 5 different rims just like to know if they are all the same offset.
They just mention width and shore nothing else.
http://www.grpgandini.com/uk/1-10-touring.asp
Old 12-18-2006, 01:04 PM
Tech Adept

thats great nitro racer, but we have to curb our many thanks and enthusiasm from the service we recieve from Sam at race#@%*, as some people dont like to get on to a public forum and read about retail stuff, or agree with the service from Sam.
yeah, and don't let me hear anybody say MERRY CHRISTMAS, either!!! We don't want to offend someone who isn't Christian.

Oh, BTW MERRY CHRISTMAS
Old 12-18-2006, 01:06 PM
Tech Adept

Seriously, this cannot be saying what I think it's saying, especially since 'Sponsored by RACEDAY HOBBIES' is in the signature...

my confusion continues.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.